Is it authentic or a clone? How can I tell....

Status
Not open for further replies.

skineedog

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2015
I bought what is supposed to be an authentic Kraken but I am beginning to have my doubts. How can I tell?

The device has USA serial number 2597 on the insulator post. The bottom of the deck is inscribed with the Vicious Ant logo and "1.1" No idea what the 1.1 is? It came in what appears to be a genuine Vicious Ant box.

The machining is very good as is the glass. The positive & negative screws are phillips heads. The 2 wick holes use allen heads. I can submit images if that helps.

skineedog

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2015
I caught the bold text after my response. The bold text doesn't show too well on my mobile...

Reading another post, the poster states that he hasn't seen a clone that's brushed SS and mine is. He also states that if the fill port is the same size as the wick holes and/or threaded, it's a clone. The fill port on mine is smaller and not threaded.

I was considering drilling out the wick holes because I am having such a hard time with it. But, I'd rather sell or trade it if it's an authentic.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Reading another post, the poster states that he hasn't seen a clone that's brushed SS and mine is. He also states that if the fill port is the same size as the wick holes and/or threaded, it's a clone. The fill port on mine is smaller and not threaded.

Sounds like me :D

I have never held a 1.1 clone or authentic, so I'm not sure if any of that applies.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Thanks to you both TheotherSteveS & Vaslovik.

Now if I could just get the damn thing wicking a bit faster without tilting, I might be happy.

Ah, the old tilting thing. If you have it set up right you should never have to tilt your genny. What mesh are you using? What are you coiling with and how? How are you rolling your wick? Can you post a pic of your build?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread