Is it my imagination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianmcconnell

Nov 11, 2013
Houston, TX
Ok,

I have been vaping for quite a few months using a Protank 2 and everything has been great. I have not smoked since I started to vape.

Last week I started using an Aqua with dual coils at around 0.7 ohm and a Mech. Mod. The thing is, the taste is too flavorful if that makes any sense. It is more like I am tasting the juice rather than the vapor. The vapor seems much thicker. It is actually making me quite sick. It also seems like the inside of my mouth is coated in some form of pg/vg!!!

If I put the juice (RY4) into my protank it is all good again.

I really enjoy the benefits of the Aqau so I do not want to give up. Any help would be appreciated.

Am I going crazy...lol

Fortyniene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
Yakima, Wa
Ok,

I have been vaping for quite a few months using a Protank 2 and everything has been great. I have not smoked since I started to vape.

Last week I started using an Aqua with dual coils at around 0.7 ohm and a Mech. Mod. The thing is, the taste is too flavorful if that makes any sense. It is more like I am tasting the juice rather than the vapor. The vapor seems much thicker. It is actually making me quite sick. It also seems like the inside of my mouth is coated in some form of pg/vg!!!

I really enjoy the benefits of the Aqau so I do not want to give up. Any help would be appreciated.

Am I going crazy...lol

I don't have any suggestions but I know excatly what you are talking about I had the same problem with my rsst. It was like I was drinking the juice. Unfortunately the only way I solved this problem was to stick with my russian and shelve the rsst.

Good luck.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Ok,

Am I going crazy...lol

Well, why don't you try a different build, and not a sub ohm build. RBA's in general produce way more flavor, so I understand what you are talking about. When I went from a Protank, to a Genesis RBA is was like 1000% more flavor, and I wasn't used to that at first.

Smaller chimney bottom coil rebuildables notoriously mute flavor, but if this is what you start with you don't necessarily realize the flavor is being muted, and so when you move onto a more advanced device, its like wholly smokes ... you taste so much more.

ianmcconnell

Nov 11, 2013
Houston, TX
Well, why don't you try a different build, and not a sub ohm build. RBA's in general produce way more flavor, so I understand what you are talking about. When I went from a Protank, to a Genesis RBA is was like 1000% more flavor, and I wasn't used to that at first.

Smaller chimney bottom coil rebuildables notoriously mute flavor, but if this is what you start with you don't necessarily realize the flavor is being muted, and so when you move onto a more advanced device, its like wholly smokes ... you taste so much more.

Thanks Nikkita, I think you right. The difference in flavor is unbelievable.

inanitydefined

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
On a rock floating through space
Just send the aqua to me, then you'll never have to worry about all that flavor again.
I would cut your juice with some pure pg/vg to the next lowest nic level. example, I usually vape 18mg but in my rebuildables I like 12. so I'll mix 3 parts juice, one part pure vg. Works well for me, YMMV

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Bad case of I got something new and don't know exactly how to use it. Been there and done that a few times.

Give it a couple of different builds - Coils and wicks. You will come across one that suits you.
Make notes so if you hit on a good one and try more, you can easily get back where you want to be.

Good luck.

*note: sounds like you may be slightly over wicking, but have enough coil to keep it pumping out.

An ECF member posted a build review and stressed packing the channels to avoid over wicking.

ianmcconnell

Nov 11, 2013
Houston, TX
Bad case of I got something new and don't know exactly how to use it.

It really is not rocket science lol.

Anyway, I recoiled it with a dual coil at 1 ohm and used cotton instead of silica this build. It is a little bit better. However, I did notice that when I fired it up without the chimney it is spitting hot juice everywhere.

I have a feeling this "exploding" juice is what I am tasting.

One thing I have noticed with the Aqua is how effective it is at drawing the juice up the wick....my wick is saturated in juice.

Next build I am going to try is the vertical build and see if that makes any difference.

ianmcconnell

Nov 11, 2013
Houston, TX
I think I may have got to the bottom of the problem.

I put a very small piece of cotton wool between the drip tip and the part that holds the drip tip. I then took a few drags on it and then checked the cotton.

The cotton wool was saturated with juice, the juice that is ending up in my mouth!!!

I'm not sure how to cure this yet but I feel it must be due to the effectiveness of the wick leaving excess juice around the coil and the coil being super hot.... hot enough to shoot the juice up the chimney.

If anyone has any thoughts I am open to suggestions....

ianmcconnell

Nov 11, 2013
Houston, TX
Thanks crxess but I think I have watched all the available youtube videos out there and so far I have not seen anything that helps with my problem.

However, I do think I have solved it myself. I removed the chimney and fired it up to watch what was happening more closely. I noticed that most of the spitting and popping was coming from one spot on the coil.

On a closer look I noticed that the coils were not really touching each other in this spot. BTW, I do not normally squeeze the coils tightly together after the build.

What I think is happening is that the juice between the wraps is being "superheated" and causing the mini explosions.

I have just built two new coils and made sure I gave them a good squeeze after dry burning them. I am vaping with them right now and It is like night and day. No poping or spitting.

I really hope this is the problem as I love the design of the Aqua and its ease of use.

Thanks to everyone for there suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread