Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
DIY juices don't have near the sweeteners and some flavors are good then fade and then come back during steeping. Look for some snv, shake and vape, recipes and put the juice you're talking about up for a week or two. Some flavors do only last a few days before completely fading away. Trial and error. Singles will tell you this info.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Is it normal when you first start DIY juice to lose your taste a bit? It tasted phenomenal to me on my rda at first now it's slowly losing flavor.

All I can think of is it wasn't steeped enough but is it normal at first to lose flavor when switching over?
ummm, sometimes. When I do my mixing, I usually mix several different recipes at a time. Taste testing all of these within a relatively short period will give you vapors tongue. So I just gargle with warm salt water and wait a day and then my taste buds perk right back up.

:)

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Is it normal when you first start DIY juice to lose your taste a bit? It tasted phenomenal to me on my rda at first now it's slowly losing flavor.

All I can think of is it wasn't steeped enough but is it normal at first to lose flavor when switching over?

It is also possible that not shaking it up enough and allowing it to steep caused the flavors to not mix fully or maybe even separate and float on top. So you vaped up most of the flavor in the first few tanks and are now left with less flavoring in the bottle. I am not sure this is the case, the other theories are just as valid.

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Like others have said, it can depend on flavors and steeping time. What kind of juice is it and how long did you steep it for?

Also, vaping one flavor for too long (regardless of store bought or not) can bring on vaper's fatigue if it's the only juice vaped.

I did kind of have to "reset" my tastebuds from storebought flavors once I started DIY, but that period wasn't such a long time....

Could be several things, possibly all at once. But, I will say congrats on your first flavor! Sometimes mixing some one shot flavors that you can vape immediately without combining and steeping can be useful, as it gives the necessary patience for adequate steeping.

Anna

Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread