Is it ok to store e-juice in the fridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay929

Jul 10, 2013
Wilmington, DE, USA
I asked this in another thread but didn’t get a response. I’m very curious now after seeing a few other threads (Google search) with very few and mixed responses. Right now I have my juice in the fridge (has been since i started vaping 3 weeks ago) and i have not had issues yet. I assumed it would keep the juice fresh longer. Would you guys recommend taking them out of the fridge?

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome , but I don't store my juice in the fridge . It's on a shelf in my closet . Also where I steep my juices , after I make them . In my opinion , refrigeration causes condensation inside the bottle ( water ) so essentially watering down the juice . And if you buy PG at tractor supply , or VG at Walmart . Both are kept on a shelf (not refrigerated ) But hey , it's your juice , do whatever you think works best for you . I also found some juices separated a bit worse , when refrigerated . I suppose if you took two identical bottles , put one in the fridge , the other in a drawer or closet and left them for a month . Then take them out and vape . Any difference ?? any preferences ? You make the decision .

Last edited:

bazmonkey

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2013
Oakland, CA
make sense too on the condensation..

...No it doesn't. The bottle is closed. It will absorb water from the air, but the water in the bit of air in the bottle (it's not like it sucks water through the bottle) is very, very tiny. It's a fraction of a drop.

Any condensation in the bottle in the fridge is moisture that was in that bottle already. The refrigerator doesn't insert water into the bottle.

Heck, even in the fridge itself, the condensation is balanced by the now-dry air (air conditioners dry the air, too). It only builds up in the fridge because each time you open the fridge, you switch out the dry cold air for moister ambient air.

Unless you keep it open, absorbing water from the air should be the least of anyone's concerns. Condensation is more a fear with a very large bottle that gets opened repeatedly over a long time.

Last edited:

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
I think i will just keep mine out of the fridge since that seems to be the norm. I just heard cool dark place when I started and thought that would be a good place :?: Thank you guys for the input, I know its kind of a silly question... was just very curious lol

I don't keep mine in the fridge, I transfer to glass bottles and store in a cool, dark place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread