Is my cartomizer or battery burning my e-liquid too fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kebinluong

Aug 19, 2013
san jose
Hi, I'm new to vaping and I bought a
2.2ohm ismoka mini bcc cartomizer
and a
1300mah ego-t battery.
and
Lust vapor e-liquid
In one day I usually take about 70-80 hits
And for me that's about 3.5ml
Am I burning through my e-liquid too fast or is that normal?

Additional: I tried my brothers vape for a day and I only burned about 1 ml.
I don't know the specs of his vape and neither does he.

J-ShaZzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2010
South NJ
www.facebook.com
I find that every cartomizer is unique in the amount of liquid it goes through. I have one in particular that eats through juice. I'm thinking that the variations in coils and wicks are the culprit. I highly doubt that these products are coming off the factory line exactly the same and variations within the production run will occur.

also depends on the thickness of juice too and so many other things. Lol.

kebinluong

Aug 19, 2013
san jose
I find that every cartomizer is unique in the amount of liquid it goes through. I have one in particular that eats through juice. I'm thinking that the variations in coils and wicks are the culprit. I highly doubt that these products are coming off the factory line exactly the same and variations within the production run will occur.

also depends on the thickness of juice too and so many other things. Lol.

I'll check out different wicks and coils the next time I replace it.

kebinluong

Aug 19, 2013
san jose
all depends on how big of a rip you take. I used to think I was using too much but it's all relevant. You may want to regulate your nic level if you're cruising through liquid and chain vaping.

My nic level is 6% and my hits are usually kind of big. Not to the point where I can't inhale anymore though. scale 1-10, 10 being i've filled my lung capacity, id say 7-8

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
Hi, I'm new to vaping and I bought a
2.2ohm ismoka mini bcc cartomizer
and a
1300mah ego-t battery.
and
Lust vapor e-liquid
In one day I usually take about 70-80 hits
And for me that's about 3.5ml
Am I burning through my e-liquid too fast or is that normal?

Additional: I tried my brothers vape for a day and I only burned about 1 ml.
I don't know the specs of his vape and neither does he.

I wil take that many hits in an hour

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I wil take that many hits in an hour

LOL, me too.

But strangely I only go through about 3.5ml a day or so... actually scratch that, I have no idea - some days it's 2 ml, other days it's almost a full 7ml - all depends on the device, juice and mood.

As stated, some delivery devices go through juice faster - of course if you are getting clouds and tons of flavor, you are going to use more juice. Also, some wicking systems suck juice and keep it in the wicks / batting.

For example, in my experience, a top coil vivi nova is a juice hog and takes probably about a ml of juice just to prime.

yotogi

Aug 13, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
Just for a data point, although consumption will vary depending on the Voltage/Wattage, coil, juice mix, size of hit, and probably a dozen other factors...

iTaste VV 3.0
4.2-4.5 Volts
Vision Victory BCC 2.2ohm

I get ~70 hits/ml of juice. The Victory is a pretty airy draw and I take some big hits (occationally hitting the 10 second cutoff on the bat).

Again, try other atomoizer/cartomizer combos and see what you see.

Additionally, while you may want to dial back your nic if you are chain vaping, there are a lot of differing opinions about how much of the nic in e-juice gets atomized and what kind of absorption you get compared to analogs.

Orion_2280

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
USA
hello and welcome to vaping. I have vaped for 6 months atleast, lots of experience with carto tanks. I will not say I have tried every cartomizer out there nor have I tried every juice deliver device there is either. But J-shazzle hit the nail on the head. all cartomizers are different even the ones from the same box. im not familiar with the cartomizer u are using. I have tried others that were ok when I first started. I have recently switched to boge cartomizers and they are much much better that what I was using. but that is my preference. I have had boges that feed so good in my tanks they flood its just a flawed carto, and some that are tight and tough to draw on from the start. that being said in 5 boxes of boges I have had 3 bad cartos, others I have tried were more like 2 bad ones per box.

Now if your more worried about the amount of liquid u are using that's gonna change depending on the liquid, and more of your habbits. I also vape about 3 to 4mls per day, and then there are days were I hardly touch the thing and maybe 1ml. if your worried about over nic, just pay attention to your body. what I generally do is if I feel my heart rate going up when im just sitting on the couch I stop for awhile.

Also your brothers vape my have been a higher nicotine level. there is a lot to take in when new to vaping. my best suggestion to you is try to keep it simple and only try new things one at a time and when u find something that is good and works stick with it. remember the ultimate goal is just to stop smoking analogs. so if it works why mess with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread