Is that wrong to prefer the "New Members Forum" instead of the "General Vaping Discussion"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrVP

Oct 17, 2014
Brazil, Rio Grande do Sul
I think here people are more closely, more helpfull, and theres twice more members to help you. At least, having in mind the threads I created in my 3-4 days of forum life, i got much more help here than there. I think it's because there they just discuss, and they're not suppose and ain't in no mood to help anyone. I even tried the "Ask the veteran a question" setor about what gauge should i start building microcoils, and my thread even showed up.
Here the members made me feel welcome, you guys made an amazing reception when i first posted my first thread, but, I don't know... I didn't feel so welcome over there.

But, that is it.

Have a good morning everyone!!

Editing: these thimbnails iI posted was to show you guys my second succesfull dual coil. This afternoon I'll post a picture of some vapor.

Attachments

• confeccao.jpg
    confeccao.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 30
  • moldando a primeira.jpg
    moldando a primeira.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 31
  • moldando a segunda.jpg
    moldando a segunda.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 32
  • resulado final.jpg
    resulado final.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

TomGeorge

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Buffalo/Rochester
Have you tried using your screw driver to shift the coils over, so that they are centered? Use the same screwdriver that you used to wrap the coil , insert it into the coil without a wick, and adjust it (lightly) so it is more centered.

This will allow you to use more wick (aka hold more juice) and have it wick more efficiently

aznnp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2014
Virginia
I think a lot of the vets like helping out the new members because they believe vaping to be such an acceptable, yet better alternative to smoking cigarettes. It's helping to save lives, and a fun way to work for the cause.

Also, it's good to hear what a bunch of the new members are starting with, and what obstacles they are running into so they can plan for that as some try to convert their friends and family over.

I don't consider myself a n00b, but I'm probably on the bottom 1/3 of knowledge on this site. I mainly use protanks with rebuilt coils, and also have a KFL+ that's more of a novelty tank.

Last edited:

FallenRawToast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
LA, CA, USA, NA, SOL
Have you tried using your screw driver to shift the coils over, so that they are centered? Use the same screwdriver that you used to wrap the coil , insert it into the coil without a wick, and adjust it (lightly) so it is more centered.

This will allow you to use more wick (aka hold more juice) and have it wick more efficiently

I like to do the same thing, but with blunt tipped 1" to 2" needles, normally 14 or 20 (depending on inner diameter of the build) gauge, just because the dont weigh enough to pull the coil down. So I can leave them in for leverage as i work the 2nd or 3rd coil in a build.

I did start using the screwdriver like you suggested, or the drill bit too, but just found "accidentally" that needles worked great for this.

FallenRawToast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
LA, CA, USA, NA, SOL
p.s. I spend more time here than any other part of the forums, because yeah... the other parts get too broken down into camps and discussion and not so much help.

Ask the vets is a great place for some questions, but most stuff that I see get asked there, really has already been asked and answered plenty of times here in the New Member section.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    This is where you will find folks helping others, and the general forum is where you will find nut jobs trying to expand the envelope, and others trying to reign them in. :lol:

After 70 posts you can't start a new thread here, and that's the way it should be. But, you can respond all you want.
    There are consistently twice as many folks here as there are on the general forum. So this is where the action is.

OH-and, you don't even want to know about my first try at building a coil :lol:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    I think here people are more closely, more helpfull, and theres twice more members to help you. At least, having in mind the threads I created in my 3-4 days of forum life, i got much more help here than there. I think it's because there they just discuss, and they're not suppose and ain't in no mood to help anyone. I even tried the "Ask the veteran a question" setor about what gauge should i start building microcoils, and my thread even showed up.
    Here the members made me feel welcome, you guys made an amazing reception when i first posted my first thread, but, I don't know... I didn't feel so welcome over there.

But, that is it.

Have a good morning everyone!!

Editing: these thimbnails iI posted was to show you guys my second succesfull dual coil. This afternoon I'll post a picture of some vapor.

Hi:)

I just wanted to let you know that when you post a thread in Ask the Vets section, the thread gets moved to an area where the Vets, and only the vets, can answer it. After the thread gets the answers, the thread then gets moved back to where you can view the answers. This keeps the thread from being a chat thread and no threat of it being hijacked and off topic.

I hope that clarifies things. You were not forgotten :)

orchidmoon

ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2014
    Clarksville, Tn USA
    I've had these thoughts and only asked a few questions here so far LOL...I thought, well, when I hit so many I don't want to 'off' the new members forum. I think I'll consider myself new for quite a while when it comes to an occasional question. What will I do when I can't ask one here yet i'll be considered a newbie vapor still 6 months from now? * sigh Now I know my private thoughts were justified by this! crap

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2014
    USA
    There is a lot of good topics and helpful members spread throughout the forum, at least from my experience anyway. This section is always the most active though as it is the front door for the forum for new members. There is nothing wrong with enjoying this section as it is always good to help new members navigate through what is often a new experience and a what can be a stressful transition from smoking to vaping.

Fattlestar

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 10, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    This is a great section because of the immediate interactivity that some of the veteran members offer to help a new vaper get on their feet. I think I agree, love this section compared to the others. But the other parts of the forum are important because sometimes you need that segmented and specific topic covered/answered.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread