Is the automatic, no button battery almost extinct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

opal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
I am looking for cigar size (650-1300 mah) batteries, 510 threaded that do not have a button.
I'm coming up empty - at least in the 510 threading.
I've been using that size for 5 years now, from a company that doesn't have 510 threading on their devices and the battery quality has dropped in the last year-ish.
I really do not like the manual batteries.. don't like to have to push a button to make it work.
Might someone know where to get auto batteries over 500 mah? I can find the little ones all day.

Reactions: WorksForMe

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
No 510 but I use an eLeaf iCare Mini when i'm smoking indoors with my pack a day + family.

I haven't used many, but it's the best auto firing device i've used.

2300 mah, 1.1 ohm coils, MTL

Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 1.29.49 PM.png

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Thanks. Those are not going to fit in my cig case.. or e cig stands. I keep a load of devices in rotation.. kind of a flavor variety hog.
Are they top coil? The battery life is impressive

Reservoir is built into the mod. The coil sits at the bottom of a juice tube so I guess it's technically bottom coil.

The battery life is high because the white thing is a battery pack. You can use the device while it's sitting in it, or take the device out and let it sit on the battery when you're not using it. Because it's a 1.1 ohm coil, it last pretty much the whole day.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
The Innokin DRV is a little mod designed to plug into your car cigarette lighter socket. It comes with a changeable switch that allows you to choose between automatic draw and a fire button. I wonder if you could attach the tank/activator section into a power source of your choosing (mod/battery) and use that?

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
The vapor for life one was looking good until
*thud* $77.99 ??? wot?

Yup. It's a niche market. If you don't use a product that meets the standards of (relative) mass consumption then expect to pay more for it. This is what Big Tobacco should be working on though instead of the smaller cig-alikes. I'm hoping that they do work on it and help develop batteries in the 2k mAh range while driving the industry towards kits like this for new vapers.

Reactions: dom qp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread