Is the Ego One a good starter kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested in getting my foot in the door when it comes to vaping, but I'm not too sure where to start. I've heard from many reviewers that the Ego One is their top starter kit suggestion for beginners and I have also watched a video about it. It seems to have fairly good vapor production which is what I'm mostly looking for without having to deal with all the technical aspects of mods for the time being. Is the Ego One really a good kit for beginners? Also, is there anything I need that is NOT included in the kit? (Besides the juice, obviously.)

Thanks in advance for any helpful insight.

RA1

Aug 29, 2015
The Ego One looks like a nice unit, not too sure if it is charge thru capable, meaning you can vape while charging. Interesting it is so low on the ohm range and the concept of two different type of inhales is nice. It took me a while to try and explain that concept, it makes a tremendous difference. The variable air intake is also nice. I have been using an itaste vv4 with a kanger mini tank, utilizing the air intake variation to accommodate inhale preference. I do like the extras on the itaste vv4, the display and variable voltage/wattage options, even the puff counter comes in handy. I'm definitely interested in the Ego One, I would more than likely choose the larger battery as well as the larger tank, reduces hassle and definitely order an extra coil or three. Don't overlook priming the coil ! I hope this was somewhat helpful!

Vi-NG

Verified Member
Sep 20, 2015
Hi @RA1
the Ego One has pass-though capability however I would not use it.. the unit has a regular 18650 battery on it (non-replaceable) - it get really hot on the bottom while charging.. as best practice I never vape while charging it, as I don't charge my 18650 batteries (for other mods) on the Mods itself - I invested on a nice external charger :) The One Mega is really a fill the tank and go, only think you may consider is to replace the stock coils with the re-buildable ones (CLR Heads) - to me they are more flavor performant. Another suggestion would be the eLeaf iJust 2 - the tank is better, a bit more advance experience I would say.

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    I started with an Ego One. I thought it was a great device and I didn't feel like I was missing anything. Some people prefer a different tank but I was happy with the tank it comes with.

Looks like most of what I would tell you about it has already been covered by other the other replies, so I'll leave it with this: Great starter setup in my opinion, but may not keep you satisfied for long if you are looking for blowing massive clouds.

Troll from behind

ECF Veteran
    Mar 2, 2012
    Finlad
    Yes it is, but you need to get CLR-atomizer heads that make it a lot better.
    The issue with standard heads is that they don't feed e-liquid very well, ok for thinners juices, but for higher VG you need those CLRs.
    Besides that it's a great kit, kinda annoying to fill and the battery life or the liquid capacity ain't that awesome, but considering the price you get good value for your money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Grimwald

Grimwald

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2012
    Lawrence KS
    Yes it is, but you need to get CLR-atomizer heads that make it a lot better.
    The issue with standard heads is that they don't feed e-liquid very well, ok for thinners juices, but for higher VG you need those CLRs.
    Besides that it's a great kit, kinda annoying to fill and the battery life or the liquid capacity ain't that awesome, but considering the price you get good value for your money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. The clr heads are my choice. You can use them just as a replaceable head or you can rebuild them. OR you can just save them until you decide you want to get into rebuilding.

I find the ego one is perfectly fine as a starter.

Reactions: RA1

RA1

Aug 29, 2015
    Hi @RA1
    the Ego One has pass-though capability however I would not use it.. the unit has a regular 18650 battery on it (non-replaceable) - it get really hot on the bottom while charging.. as best practice I never vape while charging it, as I don't charge my 18650 batteries (for other mods) on the Mods itself - I invested on a nice external charger :) The One Mega is really a fill the tank and go, only think you may consider is to replace the stock coils with the re-buildable ones (CLR Heads) - to me they are more flavor performant. Another suggestion would be the eLeaf iJust 2 - the tank is better, a bit more advance experience I would say.
    Hi Vi-Ng, thank you for the information, I have actually been looking around for something to replace what I have now with some similarity. There are so many different units it's crazy! While I was completely happy with the itaste v3 I've always had to crank it up all the way which is at 5 v or 11 watts. The thing I'm not too happy with is that after only six months the batteries are failing and don't last very long. I've bought them two at a time to off set each other, charge one while using the other. At first this went well and then gradually less and less life span until complete failure. So I've been looking around and reading so much it's boggling to remember which is which sometimes! I'm was and I guess will try to start a thread and get some input regarding lifespan and the pros and cons in relation to replaceable or non replaceable battery options, I am leaning to replaceable but it seems as though there may not be much of a price difference and I haven't seen any replaceable units with variable voltage or wattage. I am new to the shopping and or searching as when I first started I bought several of the itaste units and they lasted a while but now as with the one mentioned here, there are seemingly greater benefits available. I will start a new thread and ask of you to please offer your input, I may have many more questions! :) I'm going to go back and review, I just looked at the eleaf2, it was a great price and complete as compared to a few others I read about which were the battery only, one from aspire.Thanks again for taking your time and sharing your insight! Very appreciated!

RA1

Aug 29, 2015
    Thank You Ou2mame, while I don't know too much about the CLR Atomizer heads mentioned I am trying to get up to par on them. I just posted a new thread with a few more questions regarding but pretty much my concerns are battery life, not so much as in per use but in overall lifespan. I'm not sure if that is understandable so let me just say that the units I have now didn't last very long, seven months and thats with alternating two units, charging one using the other etc.

k.man

Oct 7, 2015
    Charlotte, NC
    I started out with an Ego One, too, and have been pretty happy with it. I've recently started moving to an Eleaf iStick 40W TC (using my Ego One tanks). But as I move around between all the different watts/voltage settings on the iStick trying to find that "sweet spot", I still find myself going back to the Ego One (battery+tank) for that "just right" vape.

I'm interested in getting my foot in the door when it comes to vaping, but I'm not too sure where to start. I've heard from many reviewers that the Ego One is their top starter kit suggestion for beginners and I have also watched a video about it. It seems to have fairly good vapor production which is what I'm mostly looking for without having to deal with all the technical aspects of mods for the time being. Is the Ego One really a good kit for beginners? Also, is there anything I need that is NOT included in the kit? (Besides the juice, obviously.)

Thanks in advance for any helpful insight.
    Hi Whitewolf. I'm new to this vaping lark too! and have the ego one. Found it very easy to use, comes with everything you need except the juice as u say! I have the ego one and ego one mini starter kits, one for backup. If you're trying to quit smoking you'll need at least one backup device, whatever that may be. So many YouTube channels eg indoorsmokers, pbusardo and many more have reviews on them. Tank can be a bit fiddly to fill at first. Need anything else just shout :)

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
    Jan 13, 2014
    central Virginia
    I started out with an Ego One, too, and have been pretty happy with it. I've recently started moving to an Eleaf iStick 40W TC (using my Ego One tanks). But as I move around between all the different watts/voltage settings on the iStick trying to find that "sweet spot", I still find myself going back to the Ego One (battery+tank) for that "just right" vape.
    I too am using the istick 40w battery and ego 1 tank and recently switched to .3ohm titanium coils to make use of the temperature control feature.
    Night and day difference in quality of the vapor production and taste. I like a cool vape so I change around between 380-420 . I put a 2puffs drip tip on the tank for an even cooler feel to the draw without lowering the temps down below 380 because below that the taste is not much different than wattage mode. Wattage mode for me = see through my windshield after exhale and windows up. Temperature mode= oh crap, I gotta roll my window down because I can't see my windshield much less through it.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4

Reactions: RA1
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread