is the occ for subtank mini a HUGE improvement for kanger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
I stopped buying kanger a while back due to being so disappointed in the flavor/vapor production. I tried so many... I am not really into building however, I'd love to learn. I currently use joyetech egrip with rba base. I have only used pre made coils, rewicking them to my liking. I love it. Hopefully I'll learn to build my own coils for it. I also use the ipv mini with beyond vapes silo lite tank with aspire (non nautilus) bvc. I loved that tank until my egrip. Flavor seems muted on that set up.
I wat to get something like the subtank mini - gives both options. Pre fab coil or a build deck, to learn with.
I'm worried though... I am afraid I'll be disappointed again. Are the occ's really a major improvent in comparison to all other kanger products?????and will my ipv mini 30watt be enough for that tank?
Thank you for your input!

Niten13

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2014
Tigard, OR, USA
Your IPV mini will do just fine with the subtank! I have the full size and it really does not need more that 30 watts. The OCC coils are a massive improvement, you can rewick them without messing with the coils and you can rebuild inside the coil heads when your ready. The RBA base is great because unlike many RTAs out there you can unscrew and adjust your build without draining the whole tank.
Subtank has some awesome airflow and from what I have read so far the mini is even a step above the original. Pick one up and you will not be disappointed.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
Your IPV mini will do just fine with the subtank! I have the full size and it really does not need more that 30 watts. The OCC coils are a massive improvement, you can rewick them without messing with the coils and you can rebuild inside the coil heads when your ready. The RBA base is great because unlike many RTAs out there you can unscrew and adjust your build without draining the whole tank.
Subtank has some awesome airflow and from what I have read so far the mini is even a step above the original. Pick one up and you will not be disappointed.

Oooo you are saying the regular coils can be rewicked and reused too? Thst is a huge plus for me... I can rewick all day long... I saved lots and lots of heads back when my guy used protanks and rewicked those all the time.. Thanks so much for the info.

I'm thinking I'll go with the subtank mini.

Question... anyone know for sure who sells em with the new peek insulator. From what I've heard, I do not want the white colored insulator...

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
Yeah the OCCs are awesome. beats the atlantis coils right in the FACE.

I was never able to pull out the cotton from them without messing up the coil though. maybe I am too harsh I don't know. completely rebuilding them is easy as hell too.

just build a 4-5 wrap spaced coil on a 3mm bit. pop the coil in from the top. shove the 3mm bit through the juice holes(they are 3mm) through the coil and bam instantly set. install the legs on the bottom. put the insulator and plug back in. cut the legs VERY VERY neatly since if you have them sticking out it WILL mess up the coil when you screw it in.

pull some cotton through there. cut them off short with just abit sticking out. fluff them up. bam rebuilt

The peak insulator is already fixed on the subtank mini. If you get a subtank mini you don't need to get a new one.

don't know about the big subtank though. I would guess only the shops with the freshest load would have them IF kanger already put the new ones in the big subtank

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
Fabulous!!! I just watched a video of someone rewicking and seems even easier than old small heads... I am getting excited about this... oooo, I cannot wait... I'm going to have to order some low nic juice I think. I usually vape 18 or 24, but since using the tba bse on my egrip, I've had to cut my juice so I do not make myself sick... lol... THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
Fabulous!!! I just watched a video of someone rewicking and seems even easier than old small heads... I am getting excited about this... oooo, I cannot wait... I'm going to have to order some low nic juice I think. I usually vape 18 or 24, but since using the tba bse on my egrip, I've had to cut my juice so I do not make myself sick... lol... THANKS SO MUCH!!! �� ��

Yeaaaah. I recommend getting some 6-10mgish juice. those clouds are pretty damn big compared to the TBA base on the egrip(well I think. never even seen the bloody thing in real life). alot of people lowered their nic content hard since the subtank chucks the clouds

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
Yes, they have hit the nail on the head with the Mini and Nano! Flavor for days and the clouds with the 1.2ohm coil is amazing, on a 20w istick to boot!

Uh oh... since it's great on the istick, I'll have to buy 2 tanks. One for my ipv mini and one for my 20watt istick... o' man.... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread