Is the Vaporesso GEN S Kit 220W with NRG-S Tank 8ml the best vape under $100?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Florida
My Geekvape vape broke when I was getting out of my car and it hit the ground and got smashed to pieces. So I'm looking to buy a new vape and am wondering if the vaporesso GEN S Kit with the NRG-S tank is the best vape kit for under $100 considering taste, battery power and the juice capacity that it holds? I would love to hear your opinion on that and I'm wondering if cases are sold for vapes similar to the cases for cellphones where all of the buttons are accessible but the vape is protected.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I can't help you on which mods to buy. But as far as a silicone case, you'll have to search around for a case for the mod you are going to buy. Silicone cases aren't as popular as they used to be so there aren't many cases being made for mods today like back in 2016.

BTW: The Drag 3 has no boost circuitry in case that matters to you.

Reactions: Z-Lee

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Cant say which is the best but the gen s mod is very good and solid in my opinion, about the nrg atomizer i dont know because i havent tried but have heard good things about the coils it uses from people here.

Its not marketed as a durable device like geekvape mods and its made of plastic but its pretty well build and has nice feel in the hand.
    I have seen aftermarket rubber cases for it but i don't know how convenient it is if u have to remove it for the batteries to change them.

I dont know if u are carefull with vape mod devices because u said u broke your geekvape mod and maybe u need a durable device again??

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    By the way, I was also considering the Voopoo Drag 3.

About the voopoo drag 3 i would suggest to avoid it because the atomizer that comes with leaks a lot as some say.

But one thing is for sure that loooooot of people complain for the battery door that keeps opening after a while and also many say u cant vape while charging it even tho i wouldn't do that its worth knowing.

And now that uncle junkle said that it doesn't have boost circuitry thats a big red flag in my opinion.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I'm using the Gen 220w mod which is very similar to the Gen-S and I like it. I've found it to be durable under normal conditions. Ie dropped on a carpet, without problems. The only problem I've had with it is the magnets coming out, but they can be glued back in with a drop of superglue. I haven't used the nrg tank, so I can't help you there.

• Useful
    Reactions: Superuser187

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2012
    Florida
    I can't help you on which mods to buy. But as far as a silicone case, you'll have to search around for a case for the mod you are going to buy. Silicone cases aren't as popular as they used to be so there aren't many cases being made for mods today like back in 2016.

BTW: The Drag 3 has no boost circuitry in case that matters to you.
    I don't know what boost circuitry is. What's the vape mod out right now?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I don't know what boost circuitry is.

Simple way to put it: Being a single battery mod, a mod without boost can only output a max 4.2v to the atty when the battery is at full charge and less when not at full charge. This is because the mod has no circuitry to boost whatever the battery can put out at a given point in time. A mod with boost can output above what the battery's given voltage is at a point in time. It boosts the voltage.

So if you need to be able to vape at, say, 4.0v and above, then you don't want a mod without boost circuitry. But if you are always well under 4.0v, then it may not matter to you.

How to know if a mod has boost or not? Look at the specs. If the output voltage is shown as a max of 4.2v (or less) for a single batt mod, or a max of 8.4v (or less) for a dual batt mod, then you know the mod does not have boost circuitry. It seems most mods and pod mods being manufactured today have no boost circuitry. This trend seems to have started in 2020, maybe late 2019.

For a mod that was introduced to the market in 2020 or maybe even mid to late 2019, if the specs don't mention output voltage at all, then you'll have to do some research and ask around. At this point, it's safer to assume it doesn't have boost than to assume it does because it's a growing trend.

What's the vape mod out right now?

No idea what you mean.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    BTW: The Gen/Gen S mods have boost. And IIRC, the only difference between the Gen and Gen S is that the Gen S was released with different colors and had the newest firmware on it when it shipped. If you have a Gen mod and you update the firmware, BAM!, you got a Gen S lol. AKA: Marketing gimmick.

Your Geekvape mod probably also had boost but seeing how you didn't specify which mod it was, I can't say for sure. Geekvape did release a boostless mod in the past: the Geekvape Lucid mod.

• Useful
    Reactions: Superuser187

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2012
    Florida
    Simple way to put it: Being a single battery mod, a mod without boost can only output a max 4.2v to the atty when the battery is at full charge and less when not at full charge. This is because the mod has no circuitry to boost whatever the battery can put out at a given point in time. A mod with boost can output above what the battery's given voltage is at a point in time. It boosts the voltage.

So if you need to be able to vape at, say, 4.0v and above, then you don't want a mod without boost circuitry. But if you are always well under 4.0v, then it may not matter to you.

How to know if a mod has boost or not? Look at the specs. If the output voltage is shown as a max of 4.2v (or less) for a single batt mod, or a max of 8.4v (or less) for a dual batt mod, then you know the mod does not have boost circuitry. It seems most mods and pod mods being manufactured today have no boost circuitry. This trend seems to have started in 2020, maybe late 2019.

For a mod that was introduced to the market in 2020 or maybe even mid to late 2019, if the specs don't mention output voltage at all, then you'll have to do some research and ask around. At this point, it's safer to assume it doesn't have boost than to assume it does because it's a growing trend.

No idea what you mean.

What do you think is the best mod under $100?

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2012
    Florida
    Cant say which is the best but the gen s mod is very good and solid in my opinion, about the nrg atomizer i dont know because i havent tried but have heard good things about the coils it uses from people here.

Its not marketed as a durable device like geekvape mods and its made of plastic but its pretty well build and has nice feel in the hand.
    I have seen aftermarket rubber cases for it but i don't know how convenient it is if u have to remove it for the batteries to change them.

I dont know if u are carefull with vape mod devices because u said u broke your geekvape mod and maybe u need a durable device again??

Some people have said the 510 connector coming loose.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    What do you think is the best mod under $100?

I have no clue. All the stuff I use daily is old as dinosaurs and any "new" stuff I have is used very little and is no newer than 2018 release year.

My suggestion to you given your history: buy a DNA mod for a couple hundred then spend another couple hundred getting a 1/2 inch thick silicon sleeve made for it.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Some people have said the 510 connector coming loose.

Some of the first ones had a problem with that but as far as i know its being fixed.

Now that i remember thought that u had trouble with many mods maybe u should get an aegis legend the old one if u can find it because many say this thing is a tank and if this wont last then i dont know what will :p

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2012
    Florida
    I have no clue. All the stuff I use daily is old as dinosaurs and any "new" stuff I have is used very little and is no newer than 2018 release year.

My suggestion to you given your history: buy a DNA mod for a couple hundred then spend another couple hundred getting a 1/2 inch thick silicon sleeve made for it.
    Good idea.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread