Is there a noob free starter kit with 100 wattage capacity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
If you want usable 100w, i would say at least a two-battery device is in order.
I'd say the smok alien kit maybe. Comes with a very decent tank as well, the TFV8 baby.

If you don't care that much for 50w+ vape, maybe have a look a istick pico. Don't have it, but it is quite popular around here. An Atlantis Evo tank would suit it well.

You'd have to invest in a charger and batteries as well. And read up on battery safety, and which batteries to choose and such. I'm pretty sure somebody will chime
in with that ;)

If that sounds like too much hassle, maybe go for a mod with an internal battery.
It can be charged via USB. I like the Tesla Nano 60W TC, but there are many other options.

oh... and btw.. all mods are 100% noob free.

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Reactions: Herrick

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
If you don't care that much for 50w+ vape, maybe have a look a istick pico. Don't have it, but it is quite popular around here. An Atlantis Evo tank would suit it well.
That's my setup and I love it. The Pico got me to take the step to external batteries and that makes a huge difference in all day vaping.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Last stick was the eleaf Istick S Pen.
Eleaf iJust S 3000mAh Starter Kit With ECL Atomizer-Official Authorized

Don't know much yet about the vaping stuff I just vaped on the go, now I want something a little better and stronger.

any advice?
If you don't mind and are aware of :
Ongoing cost of coils
Decent clouds (no stealth here-moderate to possible significant sub ohm juice consumption)
No variable wattage (good luck with adapting other tanks/coils-could be tricky)
Problems inherent with tanks (if not familiar with tanks)
TC?
This kit looks to me like a starter kit for mid level to advanced vapors. If you have someone to help you begin and show you the ropes, or if you feel you are knowledgeable for the ramp up, should be ok.

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
what about the v2 Knight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The mod has gotten pretty good reviews. The tank, not so much. The side by side design & cradle could make alternate tanks, RTA's & RDA's a bit tricky, (airflow restriction). I hear the Merlin works well with it though... :cool:

Bankai

Jan 22, 2016
If you don't mind and are aware of :
Ongoing cost of coils
Decent clouds (no stealth here-moderate to possible significant sub ohm juice consumption)
No variable wattage (good luck with adapting other tanks/coils-could be tricky)
Problems inherent with tanks (if not familiar with tanks)
TC?
This kit looks to me like a starter kit for mid level to advanced vapors. If you have someone to help you begin and show you the ropes, or if you feel you are knowledgeable for the ramp up, should be ok.

I usually got coils from vaporshark but they always try to upsell and overcharge for a limited supply of mods. I may go with the tc100 coolfire but the reviews say it's not upgradable at all.

Don't know if I should just man up and go all out and get it over with.

Reactions: BrotherBob

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I usually got coils from vaporshark but they always try to upsell and overcharge for a limited supply of mods. I may go with the tc100 coolfire but the reviews say it's not upgradable at all.

Don't know if I should just man up and go all out and get it over with.

What is the fascination with 'upgrade'.... what do you need to upgrade if a mod does VW/TC/100w?

If something new comes out (technology) just buy that and carry on.

By the time you've been vaping years, you'll have a few mods. If a mod is $50/80/100 and after a year you no longer use it... it's been a great value purchase.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand all this. A mod is not a mobile phone. A $200 tennis racket is a tennis racket.
I have not, and will not buy something based on the ability to upgrade. It's a gimmick of the technology industry. Not everything needs to be upgraded. Certainly not a piece of $15 plastic/metal/chip from China.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
What is the fascination with 'upgrade'.... what do you need to upgrade if a mod does VW/TC/100w?

If something new comes out (technology) just buy that and carry on.

By the time you've been vaping years, you'll have a few mods. If a mod is $50/80/100 and after a year you no longer use it... it's been a great value purchase.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand all this. A mod is not a mobile phone. A $200 tennis racket is a tennis racket.
I have not, and will not buy something based on the ability to upgrade. It's a gimmick of the technology industry. Not everything needs to be upgraded. Certainly not a piece of $15 plastic/metal/chip from China.
If the algorithm that controls TC vaping can be improved, I want that improvement. Buying a new mod for every algorithm change gets spendy, no. That is why upgrades are important and why I no longer buy mods that don't offer upgrades (aside from mechs, of course).

'Nother anecdote? I got in on a prebuy for the Aspire Odyssey Kit. Paid way too much, too. When it arrived, I (like everyone else) found it to be horribly flawed. Two days after my kit arrived -two days - Aspire announced the V2. I called Aspire and they said, and this is not a direct quote, "It'll make a nice paperweight. Now buzz off, kid. Ya botherin' me."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
'Nother anecdote? I got in on a prebuy for the Aspire Odyssey Kit. Paid way too much, too. When it arrived, I (like everyone else) found it to be horribly flawed. Two days after my kit arrived -two days - Aspire announced the V2. I called Aspire and they said, and this is not a direct quote, "It'll make a nice paperweight. Now buzz off, kid. Ya botherin' me."

I can't argue with that. Well put. Sorry to hear.

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread