Is there a way to drain/empty a refill cartridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSHARQ

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2011
US
So my Vapor King eTank series cig came today. It was supposed to come with 5 empty cartridges, but instead it came with 5 cartridges fill with high strength tobacco liquid. I don't want to use the tobacco liquid because it's too strong and I don't really like tobacco.

Is there any way to drain or empty the filled cartridges (without vaping them) so that I can put my own liquid in them?

GSHARQ

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2011
US

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Are they tanks? You have your syringe? I never used them but I would install one on the atty to pierce it, then take it off the atty, then use a thin syringe through the hole to suck out the juice, then using the syringe I would flush it with water or vodka then suck out as much as I can and let it dry?

If you are actually talking about carts aka cartridges that go on an atomizer - I would remove the stuffing and rinse both the stuffing and and cartridge, dry cart with a q-tip, press the stuffing dry between paper towels, re-fluff it and put it back in

If cartomizers, you can spin out much of the juice.

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Do you know any diabetics? Because I don't think a drug store will just sell you a syringe. Most people buy them at ecig hardware and DIY eliquid shops and most are blunt. A couple of reservoir cartomizers need a sharp kind and some vendors see sharps. Blunt should work for you. Like Madvapes, Gotvapes, Liberty-Flights.com, LiteCigUSA.net probably each have at least one kind.

Lemme see if they are used for anything else.... Calls Home Depot and Lowes and other big hardware places and ask if they have blunt metal needle syringes for use with glues - some of those are 18gauge and that should work and 16 gauge or even 14 gauge might work (but you don't want to enlarge the hole). And you may as well call a big drug store and as if they sell blunt needle syringes.

You could also go outside and just try to shake out the liquid, then go in and submerge it in water (hopefully air will go up and water in) then shake out again?

Try what swedishfish said first because I have never used them. I use cartomizers.

Last edited:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
The way tanks are made they don't really dump out if you don't take the lid off. A syringe is definitely the easiest way but if you don't have one and they're anything like the ego tanks you should be able to pry the lid off with your fingernail or a paper clip.

Looking at the picture, it looks like there's some sort of lid.

Biohazard

Sep 1, 2011
Colorado
I got my wisdom teeth out recently and I got a couple little curved syringes to rinse my mouth out, I bet you could ask a dentist for some of those, I use it to rinse out my 510-t carts about once a week so they don't get goopy. To get the water out I just fill the syringe with air and blow it all out and let the rest dry overnight! But I like the syringe I got from them because its plastic and it fits perfectly into the tip of the cart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread