Is there life after ego?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mapultz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
NC
I love my ego-c twist. I've been analog free for almost 6 weeks (Woo-hoo!) and it's been working well for me.

I am not looking to upgrade right now, but have a feeling I will eventually. What's the next logical step after ego?

A little about me: I *need* to be portable. I work full time and travel a lot. So the ego batts and a selection of clearos in an XL ego case that fits in my purse is perfect.

It seems like everything above an ego is huge! The evic looks tempting, but again, large.

Also, if you could mention what toppers go well on the product you're talking about, that'd be great. My world consists of mostly clearos and a carto tank that can't handle too much voltage.

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

dash

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2009
Colorado
Seriously, there is nothing wrong with the Ego and sticking with it if it works for you.
For me, the Ego just wasn't enough after I got the "hang" of vaping. I moved up to a ProVari mini and never looked back. I just toss a few extra batteries in a case and away I go. I am using a iClear30s with it and love the flavor and vapor.

pcrdude

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2013
I have an eVic in 18350 short mode -> Not so huge, and I occassionally take it out in the car.

OTOH, I prefer to use eGo mini with EVOD for when I'm out and about. An EVOD regulated 3.7 V 650 mAh works better, and is only a little larger. You can fit two (disassembled) EVOD batt/EVOD clearos in an Altoids tin.

BTW, I also have a VTR and an MVP, but I usually don't take them out and about.

GetVaked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Wisconsin
I could be happy with nothing more than an eGo. I use a mech just because it is a little more relative to my tastes, look wise.

I love my Joyetechs however, they are great.

If I wanted something similar to my eGos, still relatively small, I would use an MVP v2, carto, and a Joyetech cone matching the MVP color. But thats just me.

Last edited:

VikingQueen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2013
Minnesota
I still use my egos for short trips: grocery store, client's office, bank, etc. I only use evods and iclear 16s on them.

The Vamo v3 was my first mod purchase. It is also fine for portability, but maybe the Zmax mini for you? Innokin just came out with the Coolfire I, which I don't have yet, but it also uses a 18350 battery, thus form factor (small) is good. On all of my mods (that aren't ego stick like) I use ProTanks (versions 2 & 3 right now) but I wouldn't bring them out and about. iClear 30 is plastic, so I'd bring that out. I also use the Aspire Vivi Novas (they come in both glass and plastic, but I'm fine with bringing both of them out).

So, check out the Zmax mini (both Smok and Sigelei) and maybe the Coolfire I (Innokin). Provari also makes a mini, but that will run you 3x the cost or so.

Good luck!

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
hmm... I think next, battery-wise, take a look at the Innokin iTaste v 3.0. has vv and vw as well as a basic led display. It also has a resistance display should you ever decide to rebuild.

As far as toppers, I'd stick with the clearos if you like them well enough. Or, you could learn to build those if you haven't already and it will both save in costs in the long run as well as having the advantage of tweaking your setup specifically to your tastes. One thing about the evic that I find annoying is that it doesn't fire immediately when pushing the button. there's a .5 - 1 sec delay.

The Ministry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
Cramlington, Northumberland, UK
Talking size here - I've just introduced my Vamo V5 (18650 full size) to my work colleagues who also vape. They nearly choked when they seen the size of it with a iClear30 tank sat on top. I don't find it too bad, but I can imagine if you need small and portable you may struggle.

I'd recommend an MVP/box mod though if you do want to "up the game" as it were, they look neat and I'm investing in one next month for work and day to day. Not that there's anything "too big" about the Vamo, but I am getting some funny looks ha-ha

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I guess it comes down to what type of person you are, and maybe what stage of life you are in.

Are you the kind who is always looking for the next best thing, or are you satisfied with what you have now.

I guess I'm at that point in my life where I have trouble even figuring out how to use the next best thing. My car is 10 years old (no GPS), my cell phone is 5 years old (ancient I know), and egos are fine for me. What exactly is bluetooth BTW?

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I'm sure I'll use my egos for some time to come. But I find myself wanting a little bit more power, more flavor.

How big is the provari/Provari mini?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Standard size Provari is 4.1" tall x .90" diameter, with xl cartotank & drip tip less than 7" overall.
IMO, the mini is tiny 3.48" tall x .90" in diameter, with standard size cartotank & drip tip less than 5.75" overall.

If what you currently use does the trick, there is no need to upgrade.

Last edited:

djtonyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Big Pine Key
hmm... I think next, battery-wise, take a look at the Innokin iTaste v 3.0. has vv and vw as well as a basic led display. It also has a resistance display should you ever decide to rebuild.

I really like the VV V3.0 for out and about... I got an MVP2 before I got my two VV's, so I carry the MVP around in my laptop bag as a backup and I can top off the charge on the VV batteries from the MVP with just a USB cable. I've found the Davide Mini to be one of the best toppers for the VV, much better performance than the Protanks even though they use the same coil. If you like the eGo, you'll love the VV V3.0!

Cool-breeze

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Upstate sc
Another vote for the MVP2 here. I have one (and will get another once my vaping budget isn't negative) but I use it and 3 egos. I charge my egos twice a week on average and my MVP once a week. I think it's a fantastic way to enter the mod world while being virtually noob proof. Let's you tinker with watt settings or volts plus check your actual resistance of your atty and you can do rebuild able attys on it too where as that's unsafe with an ego if that's your thing. Rest of my setup is 6 kanger t3s and one mini pro tank for flavors known to crack plastic. Only thing I want (which is on order) is a mini bat 450 mah cause those only take like an hr to charge because once in a blue moon my charge cycle gets messed up. I love my setup, good luck in your quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread