Is this nano coil setup safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flybykite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi all, I'm fairly new to vaping and even newer to building coils. I watched a video on youtube for building a nano coil for a protank cart and gave it a go. What I have done is:
28 gauge kanthal, 11 wraps on .75 mm needle quite tight. I got .8 ohms when tested. I was expecting 1.1 or so.
Cotton wick, Provari V2 with Efest IMR 3200mah protected 18650 battery.http://www.vapoursolutions.com/EFES...BLE-BATTERIES-BUTTON-TOP-SINGLES-_p_1001.html I'm using it on Provari's lowest setting of 2.9 watts and do not intend to go higher. I have another battery I have not used in it yet as well. Panasonic NCr1865B.
So far Its vaping unbelieveable in my protank 2. I really love the short draws (Mouth to lung) just like a cig. Its a slightly warm vape but nowhere near hot. Just ever so slightly warmer than a 1.8 ohm kanger stock coil.
I'm dont chain vape often but I'll take 5 or 6 sometimes within 2 minutes.
The battery does not get hot and the tank metal is not hot at all.
I intend to do quick draws exactly like smoking and not having the button pressed for more than 4 seconds max, usually less.
The juice does drain faster but I love the flavor and vapor as well as the quick draw.
Whats your thoughts on this? I just dont want to see something go boom.
Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread