Is this normal for a Prism tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newmikey

Feb 26, 2018
Bought an EZ.Watt starter kit in Feb of this year and my Zenith a bit later (both black versions). The Zenith still looks pristine but the paint layer on the Prism has started to bubble and flake off, especially on the airflowring. Is this normal and expected wear 'n tear?
DMG05241-Prism-ISO5000-2018-web.jpg

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Honestly it depends on the mod and mod maker. Flaking paint isn't the most UNUSUAL thing of all time. Keep in mind the Ares is not painted (at least not yet) so it doesn't really have paint to "flake off" which, again may not be unusual depending on type of paint, how much eliquid gets on there, how often you are washing it, changing it from mod to mod or whatever . Some tanks are just painted, and it's not done very well, others use a clear coat or some way to "Fuse" the paint to the mod, etc. and that may hold up better.

IDK that tank so I couldn't say for sure if it's "within normal" but I'd imagine possibly? Paint does flake but if it's not inside the tank, I'd say it's a cosmetic issue at this point. I guess your options would be to strip the paint completely or to live with your ah, "distressed," tank.

Anna

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
the paint layer on the Prism has started to bubble and flake off, especially on the airflowring. Is this normal and expected wear 'n tear?

Normal wear for a $12.00 tank.

Normal ? ? ? ? Well be it a $12.00 or not, IMHO - it really shouldn't matter . . . :eek:

However, as @"stols001 mentioned, "Honestly it depends on the mod and mod maker." . . . :thumb:

Also, I find that it really depends on what the manufactures uses to coat them & the quality of the coating too . . . :rolleyes:

Anyway, it just so happens that I have 4 Innokin Prism Tanks and only 1 tank is experiencing the same problem - a black one . . . I think it also has a lot to do with the type of E-Liquid I used, how often I use it, and more importantly, with how it is transported around . . . I either carry it in a tote with other "stuff" and/or shirt pocket when I am out & about town running errands . . . Hope this information helps . . . BTW: Even with all the "wear & tear", I still find this to be a great tank to use, especially with the Innokin T18 & T20 I have . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread