Is this normal? using much lower voltage with mt3s, evods and AROS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashabrown

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2012
Minnesota
I use 1.8 heads and have been using a 650 mah Ego-T (which is always at 3.3v) and my spinners and never go over 3.4v on those I know 1.8 is LR but with LR cartos I always had to go over 3.7v on my spinners or ego twists to ever get a strong vape with flavor. Just wondering if people have found it fairly common to not use as higher of voltage on Evods, Mt3s's and AROs?

Also what types of batteries do people find they like to use the most when vaping with an mt3s/Evod or ARO setup?

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I've had the same experience. I can use 1.8 ohm cartos and top coil clearos at much higher voltage than bottom coil clearos. It's funny, as most people refer to top coils as a "warmer" vape, but bottom coils get scorching hot for me at much lower voltage. You'll probably want to go with the 2.4 ohm heads as they will give you more flexibility without scorching.

I used to think they were just some bad coils, but I rebuilt an Evod coil at 1.8 ohms, and it vapes great at 3.0 - 3.3 volts, then gets too harsh for my tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread