Isn't there something wrong with the Since My Last Cigarette Banners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I've been using the banner just to keep track of the number of days I haven't smoked, amount "saved", etc. I just fill it in now and then to update myself (and pat myself on the back).

From the very start I noticed that it gave me an extra day. Then I noticed when October rolled around it gave me another day, so now it's two days off. Yes, I used GMT time.

Not a big deal, but I thought it odd. I *think* the cigs avoided and amount "saved" numbers are OK, though. Weird.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
You guys got 22 because now it's Friday. When I counted it was still Thursday, HI.

Ok. Right now it's 2:42 AM Hawaii, Friday, 10/11/13.

My last cigarette was around 4:30 am HI, 9/19/13 which means 14:40 GMT, 9/19/13 (right?) I assume, perhaps wrongly, that you enter GMT, because the program will calculate your days and hours using GMT.

I plug in 9/19/13 and 14:40 GMT and the banner says 23 days and 22 hours. I count one day at 9/20/13 @ 4:30 am, Hawaii. So 9/30 @ 4:30 AM = 11 days, 10/11 @ 4:30 am is 22 days - but I'm still a couple of hours short of 22 days, so it should be 21 days and 22 hours. So I'm 2 days short of what the program calculates, am I not?

If I run the program at exactly 4:30 am 10/11/13, it will say I've stopped smoking for 24 days, when it should actually be 22 days. No?

I keep feeling that I'm missing something. But I can't see it. Starting to feel dense.

Last edited:

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I noticed it usually calls a month 30 days weather or not it is 28 or 31.

But September has 30 days so shouldn't that be 'normal'? The strange thing is that it was 1 day ahead until October, when it suddenly jumped another day ahead.

Like I said, it's not a big thing, but I think the program is wacky.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
I've been using the banner just to keep track of the number of days I haven't smoked, amount "saved", etc. I just fill it in now and then to update myself (and pat myself on the back).

From the very start I noticed that it gave me an extra day. Then I noticed when October rolled around it gave me another day, so now it's two days off. Yes, I used GMT time.

Not a big deal, but I thought it odd. I *think* the cigs avoided and amount "saved" numbers are OK, though. Weird.

Yes, the banners at sincemylastcigarette.com ARE wrong. No matter what I put in there I couldn't get it to accurately display my correct information. That's why I went with something else.

You'll be better off finding one in someone's sig here on ECF and clicking on it to get a banner that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread