Status
Not open for further replies.

Starchild47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2010
Tennessee
Hi
I found some stainless 510 blank cartomizers and I really liked the looks of them since I have a stainless Riva battery. I got them and they vape well but lately when I use them heavily they have been getting so hot they would burn my lips if I did not put them down. I have never had this problem with the black ones I had before.
Has anyone else had this happen?

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
It might be the small amount of insulation. It might be that they just burn hotter. Do you know what Ω they are or what resistance your other ones were. I have tested from the same box of 5 and there can be quite a difference.

If you find black ones you like better you can just pull the sticker off ... they are all metal underneath.
If it leaves behind a bit of sticky ... WD-40 will wipe it right off.

And yes to the drip tip. I don't leave home without one.

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
I'm experiencing similar results with CE2 R4 XL's. At first I thought it was caused by my cutting my juice, (originally 50/50, PG/VG), with PGA to get it to wick faster in the new Cartos. I mean, with the PGA the vape & the carto tube were extremely HOT. Loaded another CE2 R4 XL with just 50/50 juice. . .result was somewhat cooler vape 'n tube, but still warmer than any other carto's I've used. I've connected to 4 different brand batts, get somewhat similar result no matter which I use. Haven't tried cutting my juice with distilled water yet, don't know if that will cool things down, or just make more steam. Which could result in more heat or, possibly condense in the tube on the way out and emit liquid. I'm avoiding the drip tip if possible, will make an already long PV even longer. Waiting on others to respond. Maybe someone else will discover a better solution to the excessive heat. My Carto's boxes are marked both batches, 2.5 & 3.0 ohm. Batts I've used: RIVa, eGo, ProVape-1, & Li'l Sister. So, both 3.1/3.2v & 3.7v. And, through the full range w/Li'l Sister. I don't have a meter.

Cheers,
otrpu

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread