Issues with the Kanger Mini Protank II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave379

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Independence, Mo.
When I fill up my Kanger tank with new eliquid it seems to work fine but if the eliquid sits for a few hours the eliquid loses its flavor dramatically. I've tried new coil heads, adjusted my voltage, cleaned the heads and its the same thing every time. Is anyone else having this issue? I'm using the Kanger mini Protank II with a 1300 mAH Vision Spinner.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Only thing I can think of is Over saturation.
A few long easy pulls at power should allow excess liquid to vaporize and clear it up.
With a VV/VW mod increasing output for a few draws does the same and clears up flooded issues.

Is your Vapor also dropping off?

A simple test would be Next time you plan on sitting the mod down for a while, Flip the tank upside down.(wick out of liquid)

Dave379

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Independence, Mo.
Well, its definitely not the juice and it hasn't been exposed to weather elements and the amount of vapor is the same when I get the flavor loss. I've used nothing but premium juice from Mount Vapor Baker, Goodejuice and Ms. Ts Bakery that has worked fine in my carts. I haven't had a chance to mess with it much since my original post but I'll see what happens today. I'm going to make sure it gets completely dry before putting it back together to make sure its not a saturation issue. I don't really think its a wick issue because it seems like it would be doing it from the beginning but I will try to dry the wick without the tank being attached next time I clean it. Thanks to everyone for their help and hopefully I get this figured out because its getting pretty frustrating.

Last edited:

Dave379

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Independence, Mo.
Btw Mensah, why shouldn't 1.6 MLs last 3 hours? That all depends on how hard you are vaping doesn't it? I could understand if you were hitting it hard but sometimes I'll fill it up and just hit it for a while, set it down and use it later. I only use this setup at home. I still like to use my 808's for work and when I'm out and about. The Spinner battery along with the Kanger tank are just too big to carry around, at least for me.

Dave379

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Independence, Mo.
I've just been going through some other threads and it looks like I'm not the only one having this problem and a lot of people think that the wicks that come with the Kanger tanks are the main reason for the flavor loss. I don't know if this is indeed the problem but I think I'll give it a shot even though I didn't really want to mess with re-wicking. Most people are saying that cotton works the best so I guess I'll try that. Thanks for the video WarHawk-AVG.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I just dry everything with a napkin.
Place a finger ( or eraser ) over the bottom coil hole and Blow through the tube. This removes 99% of the water.
Sit it on a napkin to finish drying for maybe an hour.

I can agree, the juice should not change dramatically, unless it is being effected by to high Heat. That would normally show as a darkening if the e-liquid(Thickening)
Taste fall off can be partially taste buds becoming mute to the flavor. I notice this when ever drinking coffee. It tends to dull many of my flavors.
Also as stated, over saturating can mute flavor and decrease Vapor. A good practice is leaving an idle tank Full or near full. Second choice is removing and keeping the tank upside down when not planning to use for longer periods.
Lastly, if it seems muted, bump the power a bit and give it a try. As long as you are not experiencing dry/burnt you have room to move power UP and increase Vaporizing e-liquid.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Dry hit...fluid isn't wicking...especially on thicker fluid

some say even taking a small piece of cotton ball rolling it up really thin like a string and replacing that "flavor wick" with cotton, or even a strand of clean "denim"

Good luck

that's funny, I got maybe 60-70 kanger coils assemblies and not one looks like the one he uses in the video
ALL mine have grooves that run top to bottom on the chimney post (evod-protank-t3) irrelevant, but funny :confused:

Preface: Been lurking for a while, this is my first post. I'm relatively new to vaping, but have been knee-deep in it since I started (about 3 months ago) and haven't smoked an analog since.

Setup: 650 mAh egoC Twist (keeping it at 3.4v - 3.7v) with Kanger Protank II Mini (1.8 ohm head) and Roar 11mg Truth Serum juice.

I have this issue as well. My Protank II Mini is awesome in most regards but I'm having the loss of flavor after a short period of time. I think some of it does have to do with taste buds getting acquainted with the juice, but there must be some mechanical/electrical component as well. I'm also getting a burnt taste occasionally after vaping for a while. Letting it sit for a while usually helps, but it comes back fairly quickly and I have to change the head (the head is not lasting more than a week, which seems short lived).

One other note re: the Protank II Mini. If no vapor is being produced when firing, it may be that you have to adjust the head. I've found that if I use my finger nails to pull out the very tip of the head where the contact should be between the tank and battery and then screw everything back together, it begins to work again.

Anyone have any other suggestions about the burnt flavor/loss of flavor that hasn't already been listed here?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread