iStick QC 200W issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liberta

Nov 5, 2017
The device worked well for a month but i have ran into alot of problems over the past days.

The mod sometimes just shuts itself off and acts like it is dead, until you plug it into a charger, then it boots back up and works again.
While vaping, sometimes the display goes blank, however you can still vape and etc.
Also, sometimes before it turns off by itself, it autofires for like a second.

Tried resetting it and etc, updating the firmware (it was and still is 1.04, and the odd thing is the older versions are not available for downloading off the eleaf site).

Anyone ran into any similiar issues? Pretty ...... as getting it back to fasttech would be a pain and i dont feel like buying a new one just after a month's use.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Honestly, you may need to send it back, it sounds to me (since it's an intermittent problem) like there is something loose with the wiring inside the mod. It doesn't sound like a firmware issue to me. Fasttech is decent about returns, once you get them to agree to it, and they will warranty it. You may need to get something else in the meantime for a backup, but I would maybe do that closer to home, unless you have another setup you can use while FT does their thing...

Sorry to hear about this, but this does sometimes happen, good luck. You could try taking it to a B&M if you are very sure you don't want to warranty it, sometimes they have a good electronics expert on staff, but adjusting things in the mod may void your warranty, I'm not sure.

Best of luck, hopefully someone will be along with a better solution, but if I had a mod acting like that I would warranty it immediately.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread