It is working

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldfatguy

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2011
Texas
The longest I have ever gone without smoking was 28 days one time. That was using the patch and the nicotine lozenges. Even with those aids, I was miserable from day one. and the progression was downhill until I hit bottom on the 28th day. I have not had an analog now in 16 days and I can brag about it because I have not had one ounce of the misery I had just quitting. The first day I started using the e-cig I smoked 10 analogs, the second day 7, the third day 3 and none since then. This may not sound like a lot to people who have gone a long time, but this is nothing short of amazing to me. A large part of the credit goes to the people on this web site and their advice and encouragement.
Onward and upward. :) :)

oldfatguy

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2011
Texas
Congratulations oldfatguy! I knew you could do it!

You forgot to mention how much fun it is learning all about this and trying new things, flavors.

No stopping us now!!!!!!!!!! :p

The learning is fun but I have not tried a lot of flavors yet. Still hanging on to the tobacco flavor. I was a dedicated smoker for nearly fifty years so that may take a while to get off of. ha

ckgjt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Ga
The longest I have ever gone without smoking was 28 days one time. That was using the patch and the nicotine lozenges. Even with those aids, I was miserable from day one. and the progression was downhill until I hit bottom on the 28th day. I have not had an analog now in 16 days and I can brag about it because I have not had one ounce of the misery I had just quitting. The first day I started using the e-cig I smoked 10 analogs, the second day 7, the third day 3 and none since then. This may not sound like a lot to people who have gone a long time, but this is nothing short of amazing to me. A large part of the credit goes to the people on this web site and their advice and encouragement.
Onward and upward. :) :)

I totally understand. I was the same way. The longest I ever quit was 21 days. It was the only time I ever tried. I was miserable also. I haven't had the least bit of trouble since I started vaping. I think it is just as amazing. I can't imagine if it gets banned.

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
Congrats!

The longest I was able to go last year without an analog was 30 days- and that was on the patch and chewing the gum. But like you, I was miserable and moody. The day I bought my ego was the last day I smoked an analog. I never even had a desire to have another one since then. OK, I lie- 2 days later I decided to smoke one, and HATED it. I have not had one since. Its been 45+ days now and still loving my vaping. In fact I am so confident that I will remain vaping that I plopped down the cash last week and purchased a Darwin- not a small investment. But that is how confident I am that I will not be returning to analogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread