iTaste MVP 2.0: keeps blinking red light and won't charge! help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, i currently own an iTaste MVP 2.0 .. i've had it for a few months now and use it pretty frequently .. i went to charge it today, and noticed that it's not showing any display LED lights when plugging it in to charge (tried directly via USB to computer, also tried w/apple charger cube) .. i made sure the "Output" switch is turned to the off position as well as removing the vape attachment.. when i click the power button 3x, it will blink thru the red/yellow/green lights, and then when i try to use it, it will only blink the red light a few times and then do nothing .. i tried powering it on and off a few times with same result .. if i touch either of the buttons for the voltage, the same thing happens with the red lights ..

can anyone help me?! thanks!!

WOW!

luckily for some odd reason, i had an extra "Micro USB" cable in my big box of cables (electronics junkie lol) .. tried it out and it lit up on the charger with no problem! working great again! glad i didn't have to succumb to the drive to the gas station to buy a pack of smokes! it's been almost a year! hahaha

thanks everyone!

BiLLi0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2014
Portugal
it only came with the one cable that has the 3-sided-pronged adapter which leads to a USB end .. are there any alternative ways to charge this thing?

Any micro USB will work. Tablet, phone, whatever.

Or an adapter like this:
103402d1391547295t-usb-otg-cables-work-nexus-5-micro-b-usb-host-otg-cable-samsung-galaxy-sii-i9100-p13246118560.jpg

ElConquistador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
Oklahoma
Is it just a standard micro (or is it mini?) USB plug? I would guess that if you have any other type of USB cable that will fit into the MVP plug, it will work. Maybe a phone cable, a camera cable, or a GPS cable? I know with my itaste VV3, I've used some random micro-USB cable to charge it.

Disclaimer: If it fails I am not responsible for blowing up your mod.

BiLLi0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2014
Portugal
Is it just a standard micro (or is it mini?) USB plug? I would guess that if you have any other type of USB cable that will fit into the MVP plug, it will work. Maybe a phone cable, a camera cable, or a GPS cable? I know with my itaste VV3, I've used some random micro-USB cable to charge it.

Disclaimer: If it fails I am not responsible for blowing up your mod.

Micro:

mini-micro.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread