Itaste svd vs Provari 2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The biggest difference between the two will be the much higher quality of build and better processor in the Provari. The Provari doesn't use the 33 htz chip, but uses one that provides a flat line of voltage; can all vapors notice the difference? No, but many can, and it likely is a subtle difference. I have two Chinese VV mods that use the 33 htz chip; the 33 htz "spiked" voltage output makes them appear to "hit harder" if used side by side with my Provari's, but also makes the vape seem like it is 1 volt higher than the Provari. I have to set their voltage down by 1 volt to match the Provari's.

Another important thing to consider is, any Chinese made mod will have no manufacturer support after warranty; after that any repairs the mod will need are moot and you will need to throw it away.

The Provari has a 1 year warranty and the option to add a second year if you wish to at time of purchase. Even after the warranty has expired, Provape will continue to service/repair/upgrade your Provari for a reasonable fee. Service turn around averages 1 week. So, the initial higher price does pay off in the long run due to Provape's outstanding customer service. You get what you pay for.

Not all Provari owners are "fan boys". But nearly all of them love their Provari's. Owners don't have them to "show off" or use them as a status symbol. They are dependable, consistant, durable, and just work everytime.

Last edited:

Cann0n

Jul 5, 2013
Keystoned Heights, FL
I just got my itaste svd yesterday. I LOVE it.

Never tried a provari. Its' stigma (from my observations) is that it's more of a trophy of status to own one, being as it's super pricey, than anything. i don't plan on ever buying one, especially if the vibes associated with resemble expensive car vs a cheaper car that performs just as good.

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
think about it like this:
the first 70% to maximum performance is extremely cheap. its that last 29.999999% that costs a ton to get

examples: vamo is 70%, pro-v is more like 90, but costs 4 times as much (about)
carto tank vs glass carto tank
evod vs protank
mitsubishi evo vs ferrari
4 star restaraunt vs 5 star
regular drip tip vs glass tip (yes there is a performance difference lol)
flip phone vs best smart phone

the point is, in all aspects of life, you have to spend a ton more money to increase performance past a certain point. are they neccesarily worth th money for what you get? no. do owners of said items enjoy them? yes. do they regret buying them? no. would they buy them again? yes

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
The biggest difference between the two will be the much higher quality of build and better processor in the Provari. The Provari doesn't use the 33 htz chip, but uses one that provides a flat line of voltage; can all vapors notice the difference? No, but many can, and it likely is a subtle difference. I have two Chinese VV mods that use the 33 htz chip; the 33 htz "spiked" voltage output makes them appear to "hit harder" if used side by side with my Provari's, but also makes the vape seem like it is 1 volt higher than the Provari. I have to set their voltage down by 1 volt to match the Provari's.

Another important thing to consider is, any Chinese made mod will have no manufacturer support after warranty; after that any repairs the mod will need are moot and you will need to throw it away.

The Provari has a 1 year warranty and the option to add a second year if you wish to at time of purchase. Even after the warranty has expired, Provape will continue to service/repair/upgrade your Provari for a reasonable fee. Service turn around averages 1 week. So, the initial higher price does pay off in the long run due to Provape's outstanding customer service. You get what you pay for.

First off I am still a newb, I own an svd but not a provari.
So with that being said.
I must say that I like the looks of my svd better than a provari.
But the two compelling reasons I will consider a provari ffor my next mod purchase.
1. Service and warranty....
2. Yeah I know its a world community here at ECF... but its made in America

Those two right there will factor heavily in my decision.

Ryan1888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
Glasgow
could you elaborate how so? you realize they use the same chip and board right?

It's my personal view, this is a forum where people share opinions. Maybe I should have clearly stated that but in MY opinion the Vamo is a nicer device. The sheer amount of folks with one backs this up.

Sorry If my opinion offended you in anyway.

Ryan1888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
Glasgow
Ryan's from Glasgow ... what did you expect :lol:

Glasgow Drummers - YouTube

I wasn't even aware they had electricity, let alone the internet or computers in Utah... :D

I honestly won't get into a petty argument with an individual who is probably 3 times my age and should know better.

Last edited:

Ryan1888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
Glasgow
If one of those guys is Ryan, I suggest you go with a nice 650 health keeping set.....Your other mates onstage are gonna nick your SVD or Provari :laugh::laugh:

"nick" is an english saying, not scottish and I am about 35/40 years too young to be any of them.

I can take a bit of lighthearted jest as much as the next guy but maybe I will keep my opinions to myself next time.

Must be something in the water as I have seen more bashing here on ECF over the past 2 days than I have in the past year of coming to the site.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I'll bite lol
    The link and individuals are extremely creepy - sort of a Scottish "Hills Have Eyes" If you will.

Don't worry, we have them too :lol:

1009168_10152976867040117_1521456385_o.jpg

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2012
    The Clock Barrens, Fillory
    It's my personal view, this is a forum where people share opinions. Maybe I should have clearly stated that but in MY opinion the Vamo is a nicer device. The sheer amount of folks with one backs this up.

Sorry If my opinion offended you in anyway.

I have a Vamo and a ProVari
    lollipop_smiley_emoticon.gif

ppeeble

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 9, 2013
    Poole UK
    I own all of the following VV pv's: The SVD is quirky and does what it is supposed to. The MVP is brilliant for what it is and has a brilliant battery life. The Vamo is a lovely cheap PV,. The gripper is unique and looks funky. My Lavatubes are great for at home.
    However, these are all 'house' PV's.
    When i leave the house i always take my ProVari's. Why ? Because they are rock solid and reliable. I know i can drop them (i have), i can abuse them (i have). They are built to last and always work. Consistently.
    Do i think they are worth what i paid for them ? Probably not but there really is no alternative for build quality at the moment.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread