Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
But I don't know what it is. I don't really care to name 'em, so, here it is.

3% TFA Cinnamon Danish
0.5% CAP Chocolate fudge brownie (one drop, literally)
1.5% CAP Hot Cocoa
1% VZ Coconut
2.5% EM

In 10mls, all VG aside of the flavoring. If interested in knowing, 10mg.

When fresh, the brownie will obviously be strongest (if you ever had Capella CFB, you know what I mean). A day later, the brownie is calming down, and melding with the danish et al. Thought about adding a Vanilla, but most Vanillas I've tried are too dry.

I need to approach it with a fresh palate, but I cannot stop vaping it. I made 10mls yesterday, the bottle is half-gone. I think I like it.

If someone has the above ingredients, or close enough, and think they may want to attempt it, I would greatly appreciate any feedback or suggestions. Thanks.

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles

3% TFA Cinnamon Danish
1.5% CAP Hot Cocoa
1% VZ Coconut
2.5% EM

When fresh, the brownie will obviously be strongest (if you ever had Capella CFB, you know what I mean). A day later, the brownie is calming down, and melding with the danish et al. Thought about adding a Vanilla, but most Vanillas I've tried are too dry.

I need to approach it with a fresh palate, but I cannot stop vaping it. I made 10mls yesterday, the bottle is half-gone. I think I like it.

If someone has the above ingredients, or close enough, and think they may want to attempt it, I would greatly appreciate any feedback or suggestions. Thanks.

Approaching this from a cooks perspective I would add the Vanilla it does wonders with chocolate. Try one drop per 10ml of Vanilla Extract since you don't like the ones you have tried so far.

Keep us posted!

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
To find the perfect vanilla - though, I have been enjoying TFA Vanillin, but like the French Vanilla, it's a little dry. Though, not as much as the latter.

Perhaps I'll make my own Vanilla extract (been sorta wanting to do this anyways). Has anyone tried Capella's Vanilla Cupcake? The Vanilla Custard is good, but it's strong and reminds me of a sugar cookie... which I do not know if I want this blend to taste like a sugar cookie :)

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
To find the perfect vanilla - though, I have been enjoying TFA Vanillin, but like the French Vanilla, it's a little dry. Though, not as much as the latter.

Perhaps I'll make my own Vanilla extract (been sorta wanting to do this anyways). Has anyone tried Capella's Vanilla Cupcake? The Vanilla Custard is good, but it's strong and reminds me of a sugar cookie... which I do not know if I want this blend to taste like a sugar cookie :)

Making your own Vanilla Extract is always best.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
I do not, Dave. I have a PG-based EM that I procured from Wizard Labs.

Since I rarely use the stuff, I have never given thought to making my own. However, I may need to in the near future. I swore myself off of PG-based flavorings, but I keep coming back... gives me some helluva reflux for some reasoning or another, but the flavor is great :D

If you do, please let me know your opinion, and any suggestions you may have :)

Dave Kzoo

Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
I will for sure and I have noticed the reflux with certain vapes as well...I notice mine with my local vendors products that seem to have a strong alcohol smell before they steep. I read all your post's in the Boba's thread, that's why I asked...I have read you can make EM in VG if you have extreme patience...I'm going to try it; I tend to keep myself a month ahead on supplies, so I don't break into my steeping stash (Unless its really good) :) I am fairly new to DIY stuff, but I have gathered tons of data, and thus far I have figured out that there is a magical "spot" when everything blends just perfectly...until I make one of those on my own, I won't post recipes. :)

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
CAP = Capella
VZ = Vaping Zone

Which are both just flavoring companies.

EM = ethyl maltol, which is just a type of flavoring (not a brand) that is used to help sweeten.

You can use TFA for some of the ingredients (obviously the cinnamon danish is TFA ;) ), but the fudge brownie and hot cocoa should come from CAP, unless someone knows a viable alternative(s) that is similar. I don't think it would be an issue to substitute the coconut, as you won't really taste it in the juice (I use it as a blender, or something to help "tie" it together).

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I had all the fixins to give this a shot with the exception of the Cap Hot Cocoa. I used FA cocoa. I dripped a couple of drops fresh on a 306 and the coconut was overwhelming it. I will let it settle down overnight and report tomorrow. I reads like a winner Levitas.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Awesome, thanks for the initial feedback, Boomer. Though, I am surprised that the coconut is coming out so strongly in your blend. Honestly, at first taste, it seems like the flavors are disseminated, and discernible from one another. But I swear, after a day of vaping it, and even more when chain vaping, something happens, and it just starts tasting ridiculously good (to me, at least). Perhaps it's hitting the palate at just the right angle, giving that extra umpf of neurotransmitter happiness in my brain :)

I'm on my 2nd 10ml bottle, and it's over half-way gone. I didn't do anything different the second time around, but I may experiment with the 3rd batch. Thus why I am looking for additional feedback :D

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Lev it seems I owe you an apology from an old, old thread on Bobas. You were exactly right in stating that Ben uses flavoring to cut the viscosity of the VG.

I just tried the same thing with a homemade pineapple and it works wonders while looking remrkably similar to my other AVE fruit juices.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Zap, I've not the slightest inclination of what you're speaking about, but, right on :D

That sounds like something I would have said, and you can rest assured, no hard feelings were attributed in the duration of that conversation (or any conversation here for the matter speaking).

But you must tell me how you made that homemade pineapple. I love me a good DIY story.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
I admit, I thought you were talking about make your own pineapple extract :)

Never tried the pineapple. In fact, I've never tried making any pineapple. Perhaps if I'm feeling zesty, and when/if I ever come into the mood for it, I'll go straight to Capella.

I have been finding that I really enjoy Capella flavorings, more so than any other company it seems. I wish I would have taken advantage of that 50% sale (that ended yesterday). Alas, with Boba's coming back into stock here soon, I have to make due with what I have, as not to over expend.

K-Omo

ECF Veteran

3% TFA Cinnamon Danish
1.5% CAP Hot Cocoa
1% VZ Coconut
2.5% EM

I wonder if I could replace the choc fudge brownie with dark choc....I have everything but the CFB. It sounds yummy.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
I wonder if I could replace the choc fudge brownie with dark choc....I have everything but the CFB. It sounds yummy.

You could certainly try it. It may not be the exact same, yet, it could still yield something worthwhile, and delicious.

Where is that Dark Chocolate from? Bear in mind, the fudge brownie is extremely potent, so, you may need to adjust the Dark chocolate based on its own potency.

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I finally got back to this recipe after yesterday's login problem here on ECF. One thing I would like to point out about how differing flavor concentrates effect one another. This recipe and another I have made both contain the same amount of coconut. Both recipes, when fresh, had the coconut as the predominant flavor. Today however Levitas' recipe has melded and I can just barely detect the coconut. The other recipe I made still dominates with coconut. I learned something there.

Other than that I am getting a chocolate-bready taste. I think that this needs more time as my experience with chocolate has taught me to give it awhile to come to the fore in recipes. I think Capella's CFB is the best chocolate taste out there and I'm going to come back to this mix in a few days. I also expect the bready taste to be gone and I'll get the full benefit of all the flavors melded into one another.

I tested this on an Igo-L with an o.9 ohm coil and an Ekowool wick at 3.9V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread