The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Jam Monster

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by Tralfaz, Dec 18, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Tralfaz

Tralfaz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Orbit City
    I had a look around and didn't see a thread for this juice line yet. I've been enjoying the strawberry flavor quite a bit. It's giving my coil brush and cotton supply a good workout for sure, but it does a good job of scratching that buttery jam on toast itch I get now and then. Since the strawberry has been decent, I ordered some grape last week because grape jelly on buttered toast can be a wonderful thing. Now, here's where the problem is - I'm getting a really funky aftertaste with the grape. The best way to describe it would be the way the scent of a stale dish rag might taste. I've tried it with a couple of different attys and coil setups but I still get the same aftertaste. Musty and gross.

Does anyone here have a similar experience with this flavor or did I just get a bad batch? I really wanted this to be good since I liked the strawberry so much. Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. smacuser

smacuser Avid Vapper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    No experience with that brand, but maybe keep the cap off overnight?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tralfaz

Sep 12, 2012
    Orbit City
    Good call. I hadn't actually thought of that. I used to open steep all my juice for a few days, especially the savory and cream flavors but fell out of the habit. Maybe that would help.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. smacuser

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    Couldn't hurt. Or it might need to age a bit more. Let us know.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tralfaz

Sep 12, 2012
    Orbit City
    I gave it 48 hours with the cap off and a good shaking every 4-6. The funk is still there but it does seem to have diminished a bit. I suppose the next step is shelving it for a couple of weeks. The strawberry is great right out of the mailbox, so if the grape is going to be this much of a hassle, I think this will be my last bottle of it.

• Like Like x 3
  6. smacuser

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    I like the strawberries more than the grapes I've tried. I had a white grape that was really good, but I can't find it any more.

You might find it a lot better if you stick it away somewhere for a while.

Cheers

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. smacuser

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    @Tralfaz

BTW - a DIYorDie video came across my feed last night. He was trying to replicate that strawberry jam monster. What a coinkydink. :laugh:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Tralfaz

Sep 12, 2012
    Orbit City
    Funny! Every time I have a foul juice experience, I kick myself for putting off getting into DIY.

• Like Like x 3
  9. smacuser

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    I was like that until last year. I figured I'd try a couple of single flavors and simple recipes to supplement what I bought online.

Now, I really only by juice when I'm visiting somewhere there's a shop as a souvenir.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Don't wait, it is really fun once you get going :) Have not purchased commercial juice since I started (other than WTA) though will be buying some NET for the husband today... :)

Anna

• Like Like x 2
  11. Tralfaz

Sep 12, 2012
    Orbit City
    Hey all, I have an update to share in the saga of the funky smelling Grape Jam Monster. It was still pretty foul after a month-long steep, so I sent an email to their main address describing my experience. I wasn't expecting much of a response but to my surprise, they replied the next day offering to replace the bottle. They also asked me to send the one I purchased back to them and offered to send an additional bottle in the flavor of my choosing to make up for my trouble.

I received the box of juice they sent today and was pleasantly surprised to find that they included a third complementary bottle along with the other two. So I received a fresh grape, a blueberry and an unexpected bottle of strawberry too. This is some over the top and beyond customer care. I can also report that the grape they sent smells and vapes fine, so there definitely was something wrong with the one I bought. The blueberry is pretty good, too.

How's that for a nice Saturday?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. dc99

dc99 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2014
    nc,usa
    I would commend them for the customer service. Im not really a fan of the grape. It does have a weird off note. The blueberry isnt really great either. The strawberry I love and as mentioned above, diyordie (Wayne) did a remix of it and it is spot on.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Coyote628

Coyote628 Senior Member

Sep 16, 2017
    I tested it in a shop once. Tasted like dimetapp. If anyone doent remember, dimetapp is a cold medicine that was so extremely artificial grape flavored, it was gross. Burned a groove in my memory core, cant forget that taste. Then i tested the grape jam monster and though i was a kid again havin that stuff poured down my neck.

• Funny Funny x 2