• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Join me for a movie and Popcorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
What was the last movie you saw? Your favorite? Your least Liked?
I saw last:
Gran Torino..Who would have ever thought that a T.V. actor turned Spaghetti Western actor would amout to one of the most respected actors in the world? He was really good in this movie. An old lion facing his mortality and morality.

Favorite: The Indianna Jones movies. All of them, lol Harrison Ford has a face that is like cute silly putty.:pI also like anything Cary Grant, Brendan Fraser and Johnny Depp for the same reason.

Least favorite Scarface, (or any mob movie) I grew up with people like that, they aren't nice, noble, handsome or follow a code. They are thugs.:-x
Next?:pop::pop::pop:

Christina

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
US/Pennsylvania
twoaz1.com
Nice choices (on actors hehe)

The ONLY mob(ish) movie I ever liked was Mickey Blue Eyes. OK more of a comedy but with a mob theme.

The last movie I saw was "Star Trek". I really enjoyed it because of how well the actors played their predecessors.

Favorite: Tough one. It probably changes from day to day. I think the movie that made me laugh out loud the hardest was "There's Something About Mary".

Least favorite: Probably anything with an over use of gratuitous violence or nudity. I mean sometimes it has its place but when it's obvious just for the gross out factor or to get men into the theater, it's not for me. Anything gross out horror is something I avoid.

Going to see "Up" this weekend. :pop:

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Saw Paul Blart, Mall*Cop Last nite on DVD. Kevin James is a really good physical actor. The first half was slow, But I enjoyed the second half.
We also watched Underworld, rise of the Lycans. I can now watch all three in order! Does it annoy anyone else when they make prequels? I know they couldn't make another sequel due to the fact that Kate Beckinsale didn't want to wear the costume again. But still, start the story from the beginning and move on!:oops:

Momof3

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Midwest, USA
Last night we watched Grease 2 Hulu - Grease 2

Used to watch it and Grease as a kid. Our High School Musical I guess. The British are all good looking and smart. Americans are cooler, but the Brits learn fast. Smoking, motorcycles and leather jackets are cool. We all wanted to marry a boy named Michael.

Favorite, don't really have one ATM. Rarely watch anything more than once with the exception of '80s stuff. Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Lost Boys, Etc. Midlife crisis hitting maybe? Oh and Ever After. (1998)

Least Favorite. First that came to mind was The Cat in the Hat. 8-o

I haven't seen that Underworld yet, but have seen the other 2. I found watching the 3 Star Wars prequels, first trilogy or whatever fairly difficult. Someone says Star Wars 1 and if they're about 20 or younger we're probably talking about different movies. LOL

Willowsong

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
City of Lost Angels
Hmmm the last 2....

Twilight - because my 10 year old daughter is head over heels in love with Edward. She loves to read - read all the books and of course- being 10... the movie is her new "thing". I liked the books better.

Grand Torino. Wow. I mean... just wow. If you want a good movie with bad language and real relationships about life and issues and guilt that will tug on your heartstrings... see this movie.

Christina

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
US/Pennsylvania
twoaz1.com
nite, I am juuuust about finished reading the book Angels and Demons. I am really enjoying it. Fast paced from the very beginning. I've not seen the movie but read (according to Yahoo fwiw) the critics rated it a C, fans rated it a B. IF the movie is as good as the book is so far I think it's worth the price of admission. If you do go see it, I'd love to hear what your thoughts on it.

Thanks,
Chris

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Willow, If I was %$&()& years younger I would fight your girl for Edward! I thought he was just too cute in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Chris, I have heard Angels and Demons about 3 times now. It's such a good book. I can't wait to see it and all the locations!
I haven't made up my mind if I want to see Benjamin Buttons or not. I dislike sad movies. I am not a fan of High Drama I guess.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I saw Inkheart with Brendan Frazier last night. It was a cute kids movie with good scenes, but it wasn't great. It tried too hard to be for grown ups too. Some scenes were a bit intense..but nowadays I guess that means Grandma gets scared not the kids. I would watch it again, but Brendan wasn't his usual silly self.

I really love kids movies, I used to drag my kids to every Disney movie kicking and screaming. I had them convinced that they wouldn't let me in a kids movie without kids!

They tried to drag me to the Nightmare on Elm St. type junk..when they were teens, forget it. Hate that stuff..stupid teens, stupid evil men with knives and worse yet..stupid parents who leave teens alone!:cry:

If it doesn't have Dracula, a giant ant or the mummy in it..I don't want to watch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread