Joy vs EM vs Smoktech manual mega

Status
Not open for further replies.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I'm having an awful time finding out anything out about these batteries. Most vendors just give a bare-bones specs description though some do go into features on the Joye 510 mega a bit more. I guess they figure people know by now but I don't. The prices vary so much from brand to brand that it makes me nervous. If anyone has experience with them, I would appreciate some tips:

1. Safety both using and charging?
2. click so many times off or not?
3. Compatibility/size... will the Smoktechs charge in a Joye Mega PCC?
4. Dependability... does how long they last differ? I read a customer review of one that said it quit in two weeks. Is that more likely to happen with one brand?
5. finally... a little thing really.. but, how do the buttons compare?

Thanks and I hope I'm asking in the right section.:)

PS: I want to stay with 510 if I can as all my gear is already 510. I know there are adapters but when you're getting into charging with PCCs size could be an issue and I'm not finding other threaded PCCs comparable in mah to the Joye Mega PCC and prefer push-in to screw-on design.

Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Wow! I didn't know anyone but Joye made 510s. I know everyone makes eGo-style batts, of course.

Anyway, I obviously have only tried Joye brand 510 batteries, and would recommend sticking to the name brand. I'll be interested to see if anyone answers who has tried the others though.

Good luck.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I have several auto 510s I got in a kit from Liberty Flights. Although I also have several egos, I love the mega 510s for sticking in my pocket when I go out. These are not name brand Joye batteries, however so far the have lasted 3 months with no problems (and I do not use them exclusively). The mega and standard 510 use the same chargers, but from what I hear the megas do not fit in the standard 510 PCC. My kit came with a little PCC for charging the mega batteries (along with a cable and wall adapter for charging the PCC). The batteries also charge with a regular 100 ma charger. I would imagine the Smoktecks would charge in a Joye mega PCC, but I do not have that charger so I can not say for sure.

I recently purchased a 510 mega manual battery, also not "Joye", because I find I like the manual batteries sometimes. I have not had it long enough to attest to length of battery life, the button is on the side and easy to use. It charges in both the PCC that came with the autos and the separate charger I have.

The auto is always "on", the manual is always "on" too, you do not click it to turn it on and off. But you do have to push the button to fire it.

I do not use them exclusively, and I am not a heavy vaper, but days when I do use them I get a whole day of use before recharging. They do get weak when almost totally discharged, and the led flashes when they need recharging.

I hope this answers some of your questions. I love my ego variable volts for their versatility, my mini egos for pocket and stealth vaping, but the 510s definitely have their place in my lifestyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread