JOYE 510 battery/PCC issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshuaRyan

Aug 20, 2011
erie, pa
I'm using a manual Joye 510 and PCC which I ordered from ecigbestsave.com. Basically my question is How crucial is it to charge the batts and PCC for 8 hours on the initial charge. I was way too anxious to vape and didn't want to buy a pack of analogs so I just charged both batts and the PCC until the lights were green for all of them. I've been using these two batteries for a little over 3 weeks and although I'm enjoying them, it seems like I'm getting no where near the vape production that I see on reviews on youtube. I have to drag for about 5-8 seconds to get anything at all. Should I purchase a few more batteries and try giving them the initial suggested 8 hour charge or does that not make a big difference??

Thanks so much for any responses/help. I appreciate any patience you're willing to afford me, as I'm clearly still new to the vaping world. :laugh:

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
It's generally agreed that you really don't have to do the initial charge bit that the instructions suggest. It is just a holdover from the ni-cad battery days but doesn't really apply to Li-ion batt's. Most of us are way too impatient to do it anyway.

Those little 510's are a bit weak in vapor production but should produce enough to get by. You can get more vapor by using a juice higher in VG content. Also some atomizers don't do as well as others so if you've got another one try it to see if it's better.

B4DJ1N64N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
Indonesia
Hi,
About the vapor production, it depends on what e-liquid you use, the resistance of your atty or carto, the voltage of the battery. Authentic Joye 510 runs @ 3.2 volt, standard 510 atty resistance are about 2.5ohm if ilm not mistaken. The e-liquid on 510 standard prefill cartridges are chinese dekang which is 100% PG. PG makes thin vapor but bring a full flavor & harsh throat hit. Try some VG based e-liquids for thick vapor or 50/50 PG/VG to get a balance between flavor and vapor production. 510 battery won't support LR (low resistance) atties or cartos, you'll need bigger batts to use them.

JoshuaRyan

Aug 20, 2011
erie, pa
thanks for the replies!! I had assumed the 8 hour suggested charge wasn't necessary so thank you for clearing that up. Of the two atty's that came with my starter kit, one has already pooped out on me and the other doesn't seem to work nearly as well as when i got it. I was switching on and off between the two since i started using the 510. Right now I am using standard resistance Cartomizers which I purchased from liquidxpress.com and filling with 24mg PG tobacco juice from awesomevapor.com. I'm after a good throat hit and decent vape production, so if you could suggest any devices/accessories/juice/etc from experience I would really appreciate it!!!

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I would say most people who start out with a 510 graduate to an eGo or something similar pretty quickly. Some are happy with them and stay with them long term. Others get into mods.

If you're wanting good throat hit and vapor production you might consider skipping the intermediary step and go straight to a mod of some sort. The advantages of mods over 510's and eGo types is that they generally run at a little higher voltage. While 510's and eGo's run at around 3.4 volts, most mods run closer to 4 volts. I've measured my batteries fresh off the charger and they hit 4.2 volts. This translates to much better throat hit and more vapor.

I'd suggest you do a little research into the different types. There's two basic types, tube mods and boxmods. Boxes are cheap and hit just as well as more expensive models. The difference is durability. It all depends on what you want to spend and what features you're after.

If you get a couple more posts you can ask questions in the general forum. That's the place to ask about different models, advantages and disadvantages, and what people use and like. In the meantime check out the options that are available. Here's a few links to see what things look like:

Joye eGo Starter Kit | Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit | E Cig Kit at LiteCigUSA
Custom Mods
AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | Silver Bullet - Starter Kits

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I would say most people who start out with a 510 graduate to an eGo or something similar pretty quickly. Some are happy with them and stay with them long term. Others get into mods.

If you're wanting good throat hit and vapor production you might consider skipping the intermediary step and go straight to a mod of some sort. The advantages of mods over 510's and eGo types is that they generally run at a little higher voltage. While 510's and eGo's run at around 3.4 volts, most mods run closer to 4 volts. I've measured my batteries fresh off the charger and they hit 4.2 volts. This translates to much better throat hit and more vapor.

I'd suggest you do a little research into the different types. There's two basic types, tube mods and boxmods. Boxes are cheap and hit just as well as more expensive models. The difference is durability. It all depends on what you want to spend and what features you're after.

If you get a couple more posts you can ask questions in the general forum. That's the place to ask about different models, advantages and disadvantages, and what people use and like. In the meantime check out the options that are available. Here's a few links to see what things look like:

Joye eGo Starter Kit | Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit | E Cig Kit at LiteCigUSA
Custom Mods
AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | Silver Bullet - Starter Kits

I actually did the reverse. Quit with an ego (and I'm so glad that was my first PV!). Now that I've been vaping for awhile and the cig addiction is gone, I can happily use the 510. I don't always use it because the battery thing gets on my nerves. But I vape less now than when I first started, so it's not that big of an issue.

To get off cigs, you need a good delivery device. Start with an ego or higher especially if you were a long time smoker. Once your off the cigs get something smaller if that's what you like.

JoshuaRyan

Aug 20, 2011
erie, pa
Thanks for the suggestions! I think I'll keep using the 510 for on the go and I may also pick up a Nebula starter kit to be able to switch between the two, maybe use one w/ cartos and one with atties/carts. But I'm definitely interested in picking up some kind of mod now for at home or at work. I looked into the variable voltage Monkeyboxx but it's a little pricey so I'll probably try the silverbullet first. I'll be reporting back to the forums with my findings! thanks again!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
510's are fine slim minis. The people on Youtube are usually dripping on an atomizer and using 100% VG juices. (BTW for anyone else reading - you should not drip if you bought auto batteries) You have to decide if you want throat hit or vapor. High VG juices make lots of vapor, dull flavor and dull TH and are only really usable for slim ecigs on an atomizer. Or do you want convenience and better TH and flavor but thinner vapor with high PG juices in Boge and other cartomizers - for that you want high PG juices - I use juices with 20% VG or less in Boge cartomizers (standard resistance around 3.0 ohms) or I use a couple of the Vapor4Life WOW juices which are also thin. Even 10% VG will add significant visible vapor to a juice vs 100% PG.

And re 2.5ohm cartos on 180mah slim battery - you can use 2.5 (the lowest you should use) but it will use your battery charge up faster.

If you want hotter bigger hits from all juices, I recommend a Riva 510 at Liberty-Flights.com and I also use Boge cartomizers on that (but you could use the hotter 2.0 ones and it will give a bigger hit on any of them).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread