Status
Not open for further replies.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I think that would be 4.2 volts. Not sure though. My EGO one mega is still on the way (it's on the slow boat) but I won't be able to test the voltage anyway because I don't think it would fire without an atomizer. Someone with a little more knowledge of electronics might be able to test it.
What do you base that on? The nominal voltage of li-ions, 3.7v, would seem more likely.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Mohid

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2016
Pakistan
What do you base that on? The nominal voltage of li-ions, 3.7v, would seem more likely.

I'm mostly just guessing but I'd say a couple of things point that way. One is that I always see people (more experienced than me) stating about direct output mods that they start at 4.2 and go down as the battery depletes--to about 3.7. It would make sense to regulate the constant voltage at the best performance level.
Secondly, EGO one is a regulated device so nominal voltage doesn't mean anything here. Also 4.2 is in fact a better spot for fixing voltage for use with different coils than 3.7. If I'm calculating correctly, with a 1.0ohm coil, 3.7v will output less than 14 watts which doesn't seem like it would make for a good vaping experience. Whereas 4.2v will output around 17.5 watts which is more within acceptable range. Double the numbers for 0.5 ohm coils.
Then again it's mostly guesses. I hope to get my EGO one soon then I can compare how it vapes against different settings on my iStick 30w and have a more educated guess at the output voltage.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I'm mostly just guessing but I'd say a couple of things point that way. One is that I always see people (more experienced than me) stating about direct output mods that they start at 4.2 and go down as the battery depletes--to about 3.7. It would make sense to regulate the constant voltage at the best performance level.
Secondly, EGO one is a regulated device so nominal voltage doesn't mean anything here. Also 4.2 is in fact a better spot for fixing voltage for use with different coils than 3.7. If I'm calculating correctly, with a 1.0ohm coil, 3.7v will output less than 14 watts which doesn't seem like it would make for a good vaping experience. Whereas 4.2v will output around 17.5 watts which is more within acceptable range. Double the numbers for 0.5 ohm coils.
Then again it's mostly guesses. I hope to get my EGO one soon then I can compare how it vapes against different settings on my iStick 30w and have a more educated guess at the output voltage.

The op said that the mod is constant output, which means that the voltage doesn't go down with the battery charge level. Batteries stay the longest at around 3.7v so that would require the least amount of work by the mod. And not that long ago 15w was the max output of most regulated mods. 14w from a 1Ω coil isn't bad at all, if the tank is suitable for that power level.

Mohid

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2016
Pakistan
The op said that the mod is constant output, which means that the voltage doesn't go down with the battery charge level. Batteries stay the longest at around 3.7v so that would require the least amount of work by the mod. And not that long ago 15w was the max output of most regulated mods. 14w from a 1Ω coil isn't bad at all, if the tank is suitable for that power level.

I get your point. Just for clarification's sake, I talked about direct output devices to indicate the voltage preferred by manufacturers (and more widely known) and to draw a parallel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread