Joyetech eGrip - I am loving this thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dms25

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2014
Switzerland
I love my Egrip Oled! Been using it as my primary vape for the past three and a half months. I love how it fits perfectly in my palm, can't even see it with my hand wrapped around it. Also it's great for me as I live at a high altitude and other ecigs would always leak going up the mountain, with the Egrip I open the filling lid when I travel up so air can move freely and no problem!

One problem: I've noticed battery life is decreasing now, is this normal after 3+ months of use?

Thanks!

Reactions: Teach

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I love my Egrip Oled! Been using it as my primary vape for the past three and a half months. I love how it fits perfectly in my palm, can't even see it with my hand wrapped around it. Also it's great for me as I live at a high altitude and other ecigs would always leak going up the mountain, with the Egrip I open the filling lid when I travel up so air can move freely and no problem!

One problem: I've noticed battery life is decreasing now, is this normal after 3+ months of use?

Thanks!
I love the form factor but I gave up on mine because I couldn't solve some leaking issues. May be there will be a V2. That tiny battery is not going to last forever. Every time it discharges or recharges a little bit of endurance is lost. I would save it for occaisions where stealth is important. If you're handy with a soldering iron you might be able to swap out the battery assuming you can find the replacement part. These days I'm all in on temp control and rda's and trying to avoid devices where I can't replace batteries.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Having said that, the coils last me about 1 week which is not enough considering their price. Thinking of buying a new one as the battery is about half it's original capacity and doing my 1st coil building. How long do self made coils last? And will they drain the battery even faster?
How fast a particular coil drains a battery depends on the resistance of the coil (higher resistance is more efficient) and how many watts you fire at. The egrip expects 1.5 ohm coils, which are reasonably efficient. I like the taste of a fresh coil and replace them every couple of days. I've settled on rda's for day to day because they are cheap, simple and fast to rebuild. There should be an egrip 2. It would keep the side by side idea but one side could hold a replacable 18650 and the other side could mount the users 23 mm rda or tank. Below the tank would be the regulation which would be both watts and temp control. There is only one mod like that on the market and it costs $250 which I won't pay no matter what it can do. I'm surprised the side by side form factor is so rare.

Reactions: AndyH90

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Also just a heads up to everyone joyetech recently released the egrip cl base which allows you to use the 1.0 ohm ego one coils in the egrip OLED. I'm loving it! More restrictive than the RBA but not as restrictive as the original base. Definitely give one a try.
Do you have enough experience with the new setup to know if it addresses leaking issues. I got an egrip early on and have since been using drippers, temp control, etc. but it would be nice if I could use my egrip for backup.

Dimplegirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2015
New Jersey
Do you have enough experience with the new setup to know if it addresses leaking issues. I got an egrip early on and have since been using drippers, temp control, etc. but it would be nice if I could use my egrip for backup.

I have been using the CL base with the eGrip for a month now and it has cleared up the leaking issues of the RBA. My RBA always leaked some and the CL is awesome. I actually use the CLR coils not the CL coils. Taste is better than the RBA.

Reactions: AndyH90

AndyH90

Unregistered Supplier
Jun 22, 2015
www.cignot.com

The egrip cl base only works on the egrip OLED unfortunately due to the 1.2 ohm limit of the original egrip the 1.0 ohm ego one CLR coils or regular 1.0 ohm coils will not work.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
The egrip cl base only works on the egrip OLED unfortunately due to the 1.2 ohm limit of the original egrip the 1.0 ohm ego one CLR coils or regular 1.0 ohm coils will not work.
Thanks for the feedback. As mentioned before I'm on to rda's and temp control so the egrip would have been less important than 6 months ago. I hope to own something with the side by side form factor some day.

AndyH90

Unregistered Supplier
Jun 22, 2015
www.cignot.com
Thanks for the feedback. As mentioned before I'm on to rda's and temp control so the egrip would have been less important than 6 months ago. I hope to own something with the side by side form factor some day.

I'm in the same boat as you. I own too many devices but mostly run ni200 on my sx mini or low ohm builds on my dual 18650 mech. However the Egrip OLED will always have its spot in my collection. The egrip was great but the OLED is a huge game changer for me.

jav74

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
Montenegro,Europe
645b886fe5be1c6d7516abe126005fe7.jpg

Joyetech eGrip v1-christmas limited version

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com

Watching the Kanger Nebox. Might be a nice addition.

Reactions: Teach
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread