Joyetech EVIC AIO help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allen Smith

May 2, 2018
Hi all, new to the forum. I am having issues with my 3 month old Joyetech EVIC AIO. I bought this after my last EGrip II Lite died due to the charging port breaking (a known issue, I know). Anyway, the vape fell off of the counter and cracked the tank. No big deal, as the replacement tank is inexpensive and easily replaced. This is where my issues began. After replacing the tank, I had to tighten the atomizer assembly in order for the vape to fire. Sometimes I would have to loosen it and then tighten it. Otherwise, I just got a blank screen. Then after a month of that, the vape quit doing anything but flash "key lock" when the fire button was pressed. I couldn't power it off or anything. Finally, I pulled the battery and left it overnight. Now it will fore most of the time, but the power is maxed out at 75 watts and I cannot get the key lock to unlock. Holding the up and down regulator buttons does nothing. I contacted Joyetech about it and was referred to the point of purchase. Directvape (where I have purchased an Aspire Plato, 2 Egrips, and now the EVIC) is telling me that they only offer a 30 day warranty but to call this 800 number for support. No answer there. I leave voicemails and nobody responds. Cansomebody please give me some direction or maybe suggest an alternative vape? I prefer the compactness of of the All In One as I keep it shoved in a pocket when not using. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you want a tube style/ pen style vape, could consider the Innoken T series. The only thing is it's a fixed wattage setup (although the tanks that come with are designed to be vaped that way). A lot of folks swear by them and they're pretty indestructible.

You could try an Ego Mega One V2 starter kit. It's not an all in one, meaning you can change tanks if you wish, the ego mega one has a decent sized battery and the tank is 4 ml capacity which is nice. You'd probably need to go with the coil most recommended for it, the Joytech CLR coil. Comes with 1.0 resistance and a 0.5 coil which I believe is for TC vaping only. Coil life and flavor are very good, and it's more robust than the AIO setup. Far more so.

Or, an aspire zelos, but it's not a tube style vape. It is however, a very nice MTL vape and the tank on top is a Nautilus 2, and the draw is really a very MTL restricted draw, but still offers the ability to adjust airflow and wattage.

Best of luck,

Anna

Reactions: Allen Smith

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
I'm not sure if this will work. It's for an Evic VT but worth a try.

4. The key lock function: when the device is on, simultaneously press the ignition key and turn the control knob to the right to open the function of key Lock or Key Unlock. In the key lock mode, the fucntion of turning the adjuster will be temporarily unavailable, to prevent accidentally altering temperature / power (VT / VW) setting.

Last edited:

Allen Smith

May 2, 2018
Thanks all for the input. Even you, Baditude. Stols, I am more interested in a box style. After looking at the picture your setup thread, I am really leaning toward the Smoant Knight V2. I am pretty sure I am done with Joyetech as their products seem to have quality issues.
Gandy, I know how to unlock it, but it isn't working. I'm thinking that it is just fried. Definitely need a better back up vape as well.
Thanks again for all the input

Allen Smith

May 2, 2018
Thanks Bob.
Unfortunately, the Knight V2 seems to be out of stock everywhere, so it is good to have a couple of other options.
I am also considering the tube style based on Stols's recommendation. Still hesitant to buy another Joyetech product as I don't seem to have much luck with them. I love the way they vape, but don't like the longevity.
I loved my Plato, that thing was a tank! But changing the coil was kinda a hassle.
Thanks again for all the input

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you've had bad experience with longevity, I'm going to withdraw that option. Frankly, I have a TON of trouble with the Ego Mega One V2's longevity and it's extremely difficult (for me) to get the Joytech CLR coils to read. They're fine in the V1, but for some reason I've had tremendous trouble keeping an ego one mega V2 tank going. I don't know exactly what they designed it for, but (IMHO) it's not really the CLR coils. I won a V1 version, and the only way I could get multiples was by buying THAT starter kit, (simply for the tanks) as they have been discontinued.

I will say, I seem to be the only one having that issue, but I can be hard on vape gear. If you've found joytech unreliable (I don't find them so, overall, and maybe everyone else is doing fine with the coils) but honestly, if that is your feedback, I might avoid it.

I say that because I have found the "unreliability" factor (for me, with certain mods) to be somewhat across the board. I'd go to the CLR thread (there's a long one on it) as there are other tanks that will accept that coil, and you may be better off with one of them. Or at least get feedback from those having success with that tank. I almost consider mine disposable that is how long they lasted me, and I was willing to PAY MORE for a starter kit just to have tanks I can actually USE.

My "bane" of vaping existence is Kangertech products. I know tons of folks do well with them, but I look their way casually and they break. I just have a hunch certain vendors fit certain vapers well. I would just hate to tell you to get something that you may not find durable. You may well be able to find a better tank for those coils (which are, indeed, magic) or at least get some feedback from those using the V2. Because my feedback is: "I like the V1's vape better, it was designed for that coil, I don't lose a tank every time I drop one, and the vape is better anyway." I have NO CULE why they discontinued them frankly, but good luck finding them. Etc.

Best of luck,

Anna

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I only have one Smoant product - the Battlestar. It has been brilliant.

My v.1 Evic mini VTC recently died. Everything Joyetech I have bought is now totally dead, so not Totally Wicked at all. (Little joke at Totally Wicked's expense)...

My Sigelei 213 is 2 years old too, maybe a month more. That's epic too. I couldn't say if it works in any other mode than plain old VW but as a work-a-day mod.. brilliant.

I have many dead Eleaf products and one Innokin mod lasted 3 charges before deciding it was too lazy to work any more. Sadly, I bought it on no return clearance. (I think they knew they were bad batteries inside)...

Allen Smith

May 2, 2018
I'd like to thank everyone again for all of your input.
As an impulse buy (rare for me), I bought this Smok Mag Baby. Gotta be the best vape I have ever owned! I have been vaping MTL so switching to DL was a concern. But it isn't as hard as i thought it would be.
Stalking these forums has really taught me a lot about vapes and vaping. Thanks all for sharing your knowledge and experience

Attachments

• 20180504_184430.jpg
    20180504_184430.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread