Joyetech Exceed Box Starter Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, in this review i take a look at the Exceed Box Starter Kit by joyetech. The kit was kindly supplied for the purpose of this review by Ella from joyetech.

http://www.joyetech.com/product/exceed-b...ceed-d22c/

In the Box

Contents:

1x EXCEED BOX battery
1x EXCEED D22C atomizer
1x EX 1.2ohm MTL head
1x EX 0.5ohm DL head
1x Extended vent pipe
1x Spare glass tube (3.5ml)
1x USB cable
1x Quick start
1x Warranty card
1x Warning card
Spare parts

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The device is on the small side and both pocket and ergonomically friendly. The rectangular shape is broken up by having very rounded edges making it very comfortable to hold. I received the orange version, which apart from the features i will mention is entirely orange. The front of the device has a USB port top left and in the centre at the bottom joyetech branding in black, the reverse of the device has "EXCEED BOX" printed in black, again in the centre at the bottom. The side of the device has a round black fire button and the spine of the device is plain. The top of the device has a small round black screen which is used to show the battery life status and mode you are in. Sitting next to the screen is a spring loaded 510, moving to the base of the device reveals generous venting and safety stamps. The top of the device is encircled with a thin light which shows which mode you are in. It has a slightly rough surface so the device won't slip out your hand and the overall build quality is very good with no rattles whatsoever.

D22c Specs:

Size: EXCEED D22C Atomizer22.0mm*41.6mm (H)
Colors: black, white, dark orange, silver
Weight: 39g
E-liquid capacity: 2ml / 3.5ml
Applicable heads: EX series heads

D22c Overview

The Exceed D22c tank is essentially identical to the D22 i reviewed only 2 weeks ago with just one difference so what i am going to do is copy that overview underneath then explain the 1 change:

The Exceed D22 is what i would describe as a starter tank but a good one, with me only finding 2 issues with it. The first is when using it as a DL tank with the large airflow it is on the noisy side and the second issue is unless you have the section with your fill slots tight on the glass and your top-cap not tightened too much sometimes when you're taking the top-cap off to fill, the fill slot section also comes off with it (the threading isn't the greatest). I have the sample version so maybe the threading is better on the retail version but i can only review what i have (if you don't over tighten the top-cap it isn't an issue). The airflow is designed to make it a true MTL and low wattage DL tank (ideal for someone new to vaping). It has is a single airflow that can be altered from a cyclops style to a series of small holes and can be reduced down to a single hole. The pre-installed 1.2 MTL is rated at 8w - 14w with a best at 12w which is exactly what i used it at, and the coil and tank passed the test fine it was a good MTL vape with decent flavour. The 0.5 DL coil supplied is rated at 20w - 35w with a best of 28w, i used this coil at 30w. This vape was very noisy but i think it's down to the design of the tank with single cyclops rather than the coil it'self, however the vape itself was very smooth with very good flavour. It's a very simple tank and even extending it to 3.5ml is easy enough, just screw the small extension section onto the underside of the fill slot section and change for the larger glass, job done. As you probably have already realised from what i've already wrote in this section it's a top-fill system, unscrew the top-cap and fill via one of the two filling slots.

The difference with the D22c is the tank has a childproof top-cap which you need to push down before unscrewing which adds an extra big bonus which is i had no issues with the threading or the fill slot section coming away with the top-cap making it an excellent starter tank with the MTL, DL choice.

Exceed Box Specs:

Size: 25mm(W)*41mm(L)*67mm(H)
Weight: 106.5g
Battery capacity: 3000mAh
Max charging current: 1A
Colors: Silver, Black, White, Dark Orange, Black&White
Output mode: direct output/ constant voltage output
Features: powerful built-in battery, two output modes,
dual circuit protection, multiple colors

Using the Exceed Box

The 50w Exceed Box Mod is the Box style version of the Exceed D19 Kit. Having the kit in a box version allows for upgrades which are it has a bigger battery and comes with a larger version of the Exceed tank. The device is the standard 5 clicks on, 5 clicks off and the device can operate in 2 different modes, which are direct output and constant output. The device has a round screen which has a circle made up of 5 bars which show the battery life, in the centre of this circle is the Joyetech logo which shows what mode you are in when firing (white for direct output and orange for constant output). Changing between the 2 modes is 3 clicks of the fire button, the light that encircles the top of the device also lights up the colour of what mode you are currently in. If you are not a fan of devices lighting up you can turn off the light around the top of the device by holding down the fire button for 10 seconds, (make sure the tank is off the device first). The bars that show the battery life work in 20% increments, so are:

5 Bars = 81%-100%
4 Bars = 61%-80%
3 Bars = 41%-60%
2 Bars = 21%-40%
1 Bar = 1%-20%

Performance

The device performs very well and the D22c Tank compliments it perfectly. I preferred using the device in constant output mode as i think the slight loss in battery life is well worth it for having a consistent vape. If you wish to use other tanks on the Exceed box then unless you are a perfectionist (you get the slightest of overhang) you can use a 24mm no problem, it looks fine. The 3000mAh inbuilt battery gives very good battery life with the Exceed being a 50w max device and using with the MTL coil comfortably lasts all day.

Pros

Simple device
Direct, Constant Output Choice
D22 Gives Choice Of MTL or DL Vaping
Battery Status Indicators
Ergonomically Friendly
Good Battery Life
Very Good Flavour from coils

Cons

Tank noisy with DL coil
Doesn't support 2A charging
Not high wattage

Conclusion

Hard to think of a better box mod kit for a starter, so simple to use and giving the user the chance to try both MTL and DL vaping styles.

I would once again like to thank Ella from Joyetech for supplying the Exceed Box Starter Kit for the purpose of this review.

http://www.joyetech.com/product/exceed-b...ceed-d22c/

Today 04:38 PM

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread