Joyetech procore aries extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iggurrrzzzz

Jun 25, 2018
Hey guys,
I'm using the joyetech procore aries which is a great tank and has some really great stock coils in the pro c coils series, as well as interchangability with a wide range of different brand coils, though I've found joyetechs own pro c coils to be the best I've used with it so far. Only problem is, due to TPD here in Europe, the maximum capacity is 2ml, which is a giant pain in the ...! My question is, does anyone know if there's a way of extending the capacity? I know you can buy 4ml glass replacements, but that won't work alone, as you need a separate chimney extension piece to get the top to screw into the coil properly. I've seen 5.5ml bulb extenders for the procore air tank, which looks to be similar but I'm not sure if it still needs the chimney extension piece to make it fit together. Or is there an extension kit you can buy with the chimney extender included?

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I don't own the tank so take this with a grain of salt, but Joyetech does indeed sell 4.5ml replacement glass on their u.s store, the fact you can't find it in your country is probably because of the tpd thing.

Usually companies put somekind of silicone plug in their tanks to limit the capacity if that's not your case then i'd say your best bet may be something like fasttech if they can ship to ya it might take a while since they ship from china but it's the only place i can think of until someone else comes along with a better answer unfortunately. :(

Welcome to ecf btw :)

• Useful

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
My question is, does anyone know if there's a way of extending the capacity? I know you can buy 4ml glass replacements, but that won't work alone, as you need a separate chimney extension piece to get the top to screw into the coil properly. I've seen 5.5ml bulb extenders for the procore air tank, which looks to be similar but I'm not sure if it still needs the chimney extension piece to make it fit together. Or is there an extension kit you can buy with the chimney extender included?
If it still matters:
I know of 1 vendor (nicorex) who explicitely sells a complete "4ml conversion kit" for the Procore Aries. Alternatively, you can buy the "joyetech vent pipe" at dhlgate, heavengifts, k110, or buybest. And don't forget to pick up a bunch of additional seals/o'rings. Or you simply buy the entire top cap from the standard-4ml tank version (should be avail at k110 as well).

Oh BTW: I've seen listings that say the glasses for the Aries, X, Motor are the same (along with the drip tips btw), but the beautiful Air/Conquer glasses almost certainly do NOT fit.

• Useful

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
Google finds a shop in Estonia with the glass and chimney. Might be worth emailing them about postage around Europe. Can't see a problem there, other than cost.
Estonia could be a problem. IIRC, their adaptation of the TPD2 into national law has put some harsh restrictions on them concerning sales towards outside the country. Having a forum member from there buying/shipping it privately would probably be the best thing.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Estonia could be a problem. IIRC, their adaptation of the TPD2 into national law has put some harsh restrictions on them concerning sales towards outside the country. Having a forum member from there buying/shipping it privately would probably be the best thing.

Private shipping would be good. Then again, it's not e-liquid or even a tank or atomizer. The shop might post it to you privately if you paid privately to one of the staff through PP. Who would know? It's a gamble I guess, but one I might consider. They'd probably need to make it 'disappear' from the shop inventory (call it lost or damaged) and then take it to the Post Office.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Also (and I don't know why I didn't think of this..) @Iggurrrzzzz

You could buy the larger version of the Procore Aries from China. Fastech/Gearbest etc.

If you order from Fasttech, fill in a special request form at Checkout. Ask them to

1. Tick it (mark it) as a GIFT and

2. Value it in US Dollars at $14 only. If they do that... you are sorted!

You get the tank for about £17.. :)

If they won't do that (they used to if you asked nicely) then be prepared for about a £12 extra charge from the Royal Mail (£8) and UK Customs (20% VAT).

Basically, it would cost you just under £30 if you got hit by the import tax which I wouldn't want to pay but you might think is worth it.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
One good thing (to add) is that buying a new complete tank (the larger one) also gives you spare parts down the line... bases, tops etc.

Never underestimate a spare tank or two. Two weekends ago, me and a friend turned 4 tanks (3 not working well) into three perfectly functioning ones. The bits that were old got thrown away. Not everything lasts forever especially 'O' rings and bases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread