Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It depends on the kind of ceramics, because there are some conductive ceramics used in industrial applications.;)

Coating might be a possibility, but I think it's not Tungsten, because the resistance is way too high.

Yeah... It's just Hard to Say what that Heating Element might be made of.

When the Guy in the Vid took off one of the Heating Elements, it looked like the Legs were Grey Coated and the Ends were Copper Coloured.

But maybe it was just the Light? Or my Bad Eyes?

Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The legs don't have to be made of the same material as the plates though.

True.

But if joyetech is using a Non-Conductive Ceramic Coating, it would be a Good Idea to Not coat the Legs fully. Which is what it Looked like in the Vid.

I think this is Just going to be one of those vape Mysteries until someone like Daniel of Phil B gets one and does a Review on it.

Or maybe joyetech has said what the Heating Element is made of? And we just haven't heard of it yet.

• Agree

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Joyetech just says "ceramic".

Yeah... That covers a pretty Large Spectrum of Materials.

You would think Joyetech would know that people are going ask what Exactly something like this Heat Element is made of.

Especially given the History of Coil-Less Atomizers.

• Agree

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Well, after more than a month's wait, this has arrived. First thing I ought to do is have a mod move this to tanks as it has no resemblance to an RDA despite the initial pics. So, no squonking.

As a tank, though, it ain't half bad.

The air comes in through three adjustable slots in the base, up, and hits the plates from the sides. The cotton sits between the plates and is fed from either end. Kind of reminds me of a Taifun or Squape wicking.

I can confirm that the material used in the plates is tungsten (or at least tungsten based), as it's working great in TV mode with a TCR value of 0.0045.

The wicking is dead simple. Cut a couple strips using the included template, and lay 'em in. Juice. Vape. Interestingly, this is the first tank I've ever received that comes with a set of tweezers. Huh...

Filling is accomplished via a slide-to-the-side top cover that snaps smartly into place with a spring loaded ball bearing. Despite other reviews (or perhaps because of a last minute design change) the drip tip does not lock the cover closed.

From a design stance, it looks OK. It's a bit stubby, but not at a significant loss of capacity (3.5 ml).

After a tank and a half, there appears to be no issues with leaking. I filled it the second time while the tank was half full. Lots of bubbles but no leakage.

The little beasty do get hot, though. After chain vaping through about 6 ml, I can hold it, and vape it, but the heat is noticeable.

But what about the flavor? It's good. Mind you, that's modern Subtank good, not RDA or Engine 2 good, but...

Some have complained online that it's too expensive. When the cost reduction of never having to buy coils or wire again (or until you hit around 1000000 puffs) is factored in, I think it's cheap!

More to follow as I play with it.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Well, after more than a month's wait, this has arrived. First thing I ought to do is have a mod move this to tanks as it has no resemblance to an RDA despite the initial pics. So, no squonking.

Just wonder what your Thoughts Are now that you have had this a little longer?

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
I just received my Riftcore Duo today! So far, so good! Since it came already wicked, I just left it in there and filled it up. The tank does get a little hot with chain vaping. The vapor is a little on the cool side, but that's ok with me. I don't like a hot vape anyways. Vapor production seems good. We'll see when it comes time for me to rewick it. it doesn't look too difficult though. I am anxious to try rayon in it. Right now, I am very happy with my purchase, but it's been less than 12 hours since I've had it..

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
I just received my Riftcore Duo today! So far, so good! Since it came already wicked, I just left it in there and filled it up. The tank does get a little hot with chain vaping. The vapor is a little on the cool side, but that's ok with me. I don't like a hot vape anyways. Vapor production seems good. We'll see when it comes time for me to rewick it. it doesn't look too difficult though. I am anxious to try rayon in it. Right now, I am very happy with my purchase, but it's been less than 12 hours since I've had it..

What is your experience after a month of using it? How rayon works in this tank? I am tempted to buy it but considering how interesting this tank seems to be there is not much posts about it...

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
What is your experience after a month of using it? How rayon works in this tank? I am tempted to buy it but considering how interesting this tank seems to be there is not much posts about it...
Rayon works well in it. That said, I find myself not using this tank very much I was mainly using it on my Eleaf Invoke and the ramp up time is slow. It does do better on my Aspire SkyStar. It's also a very cool vape which kind of dulls the flavor. If it put out a tad warmer vape, it would be much better.

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
Rayon works well in it. That said, I find myself not using this tank very much I was mainly using it on my Eleaf Invoke and the ramp up time is slow. It does do better on my Aspire SkyStar. It's also a very cool vape which kind of dulls the flavor. If it put out a tad warmer vape, it would be much better.

Thanks. I think I could solve slow ramp up time with VPC mode on my aegis... but...dull flavor is more discouraging...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread