Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
My issue has not been knock-offs per se, though I have gotten some, but some sites seem to sell more duds then others. As a matter of fact, some sites seem to have properly branded Joyeteech attys with very low performance, while the ones I get from Digitalciggz all perform flawlessly! What gives?

I am, thinking that these sites that sell poor performance Joyes may be buying from a second hand source?

As an aside, Digitalciggz had a crazy, almost too-good-to-be-true sale on joyetech attys recently where a pack of 5 SR attys was 9.99. With a dicount code and free shipping, I got 15 Joyes for just about $25. They will probably last me all next year and beyond!

p.s. I have tried so many attys, RBAs, genesis types and any number of CE#s, ViVis or whatever, but nothing will ever beat a Joye for dense flavor, true TH, longevity, and great vapor for how I like to vape. Now, luckily, I have a reliable source in Digitalciggz! I used to buy from ProVape but dud after dud can drive you a bit batty!

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    My issue has not been knock-offs per se, though I have gotten some, but some sites seem to sell more duds then others. As a matter of fact, some sites seem to have properly branded Joyeteech attys with very low performance, while the ones I get from Digitalciggz all perform flawlessly! What gives?

I am, thinking that these sites that sell poor performance Joyes may be buying from a second hand source?

As an aside, Digitalciggz had a crazy, almost too-good-to-be-true sale on Joyetech attys recently where a pack of 5 SR attys was 9.99. With a dicount code and free shipping, I got 15 Joyes for just about $25. They will probably last me all next year and beyond!

p.s. I have tried so many attys, RBAs, genesis types and any number of CE#s, ViVis or whatever, but nothing will ever beat a Joye for dense flavor, true TH, longevity, and great vapor for how I like to vape. Now, luckily, I have a reliable source in Digitalciggz! I used to buy from ProVape but dud after dud can drive you a bit batty!

I've been long suspecting that some major companies sell their " not quite the best" supplies. Still, these are mass produced, made in China items- and even the best companies slip up and bad one get out. Surely happens with USA or any other country also.

I've not been a "company loyal" person, so I often shop just the best price, But I shop value- wise, and sometimes I have to stay with a certain vendor because of quality issues.
    Still, I don't buy Any large quantities- My long-term trust of Any business went out the window long ago. I'll leave any company in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    I've been long suspecting that some major companies sell their " not quite the best" supplies. Still, these are mass produced, made in China items- and even the best companies slip up and bad one get out. Surely happens with USA or any other country also.

Yeah, you're totally on point, but the problem was I eneded up getting more duds than not from a couple "reputable," sources. I know there are "advanced" delivery systems and such ( I have used some of the best), but my familiarity with these attys could be construed as advanced. Some vendors seem to sell Joyes that are just flat-out terrible. I know from the first unbroken in drag if it is a dud, and some sites seem to practically only sell those. I wish I knew why such a mass produced item seems produce such specific results, i.e., bad ones going to some sites and good ones going to others.:blink:

p.s. Most of those sites will accept returns for exchanges, but by the time you get your dud replaced with another dud, you tend to say effit. It sucks, too, because of my unparalleled love for these dern things, of course when they work.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    "Yeah, you're totally on point, but the problem was I eneded up getting more duds than not from a couple "reputable," sources. I know there are "advanced" delivery systems and such ( I have used some of the best), but my familiarity with these attys could be construed as advanced. Some vendors seem to sell Joyes that are just flat-out terrible. I know from the first unbroken in drag if it is a dud, and some sites seem to practically only sell those"

Yeah, that's probably true and why I also end up with certain suppliers' for certain things. No matter the price then also.

" I wish I knew why such a mass produced item seems produce such specific results, i.e., bad ones going to some sites and good ones going to others. "

Well, Bottom-line, long-term supplier loyalty and such. :) Certainly not thinking about what's best for the customer much anymore. That's not the best "Business Model" nowadays.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    Where is something like this catagorized? It's not Joye labeled so is it a knockoff of Joye, or just a different 510 system? Wondering because I got my starter kit from Halo at half price. Looked like a deal compared to other kits I had seen, but wonder if I got quality stuff. Seems to function great.

Just two different brands.

TTK

ECF Veteran
    Sep 18, 2011
    Johnson City, TN
    What does "Unauthorized" actually mean? Also, does "copycat" mean that these sites are selling items branded as Joyetech that are not genuine Joyetech?

Edit: additional thoughts:

If "Unauthorized" means the site is selling genuine Joyetech but didn't buy directly from Joyetech, then I have no problem with that. Seems okay to me.
    If "copycat" means that the site is selling, for example, an ego that was not manufactured by Joyetech and does not have Joyetech trademarks, then I have no problem with that either.

However, if sites are selling products that are replicas of the Joyetech products, including their Logo and Trademark, then I have a big problem with that.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    What does "Unauthorized" actually mean? Also, does "copycat" mean that these sites are selling items branded as Joyetech that are not genuine Joyetech?

Correct on "copycat." And "unauthorized," I am sure, means that there is no real accountability or means of authenticating the legitimacy of the items. I imagine some that used to be "unauthorized" ended up in the "copycat" category.

TTK

ECF Veteran
    Sep 18, 2011
    Johnson City, TN
    Correct on "copycat." And "unauthorized," I am sure, means that there is no real accountability or means of authenticating the legitimacy of the items. I imagine some that used to be "unauthorized" ended up in the "copycat" category.

You could be right, but a company that duplicates a 510 that is an exact copy, including any trademarks, I would call a Replica. A Copycat, I would call one that duplicates a 510 that is close to the original but without Trademark infringement. However, I don't know what Joyetech means by these terms.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Where is something like this catagorized? It's not Joye labeled so is it a knockoff of Joye, or just a different 510 system? Wondering because I got my starter kit from Halo at half price. Looked like a deal compared to other kits I had seen, but wonder if I got quality stuff. Seems to function great.

. I know I certainly wouldn't pay more than that $7.50 for a little battery. I can find an nice Joye ego Upgrade for the off-sale price of that small Halo.

Last edited:

TTK

ECF Veteran
    Sep 18, 2011
    Johnson City, TN

Halo is not on the USA list of sites selling copycat ecigs. And the genuine Joyetech 510s I have do not have Joyetech on them anywhere. But, one can usually tell a Genuine Joyetech 510 from a non-Joyetech 510 by the shape of the end button.

Last edited:

TTK

ECF Veteran
    Sep 18, 2011
    Johnson City, TN

Talked to Store owner about this Today. They sell Joyetech even though they do not buy directly from Joyetech. They buy from a Joyetech authorized reseller. He said they had to fill out some forms supplied to them by the reseller in order to sell Joyetech equipment. So, I think your thought on Unauthorized is essentially correct and the ones listed as Unauthorized either did not complete the Joyetech forms or bought from a source that was not authorized.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread