Juice DIY Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massimo

Apr 18, 2022
Hi everyone,
I was recently surprised that I can no longer buy my juice online due to a state ban.
I managed to order some flavor concentrates from eBay, but I don't know where to get the liquid nicotine. The other thing is that I found a website that sells the Nicotine eliquid Base - 100MG/ml nicotine strength (PG). I usually vape 3mg. Does anyone know how to dilute it?
Thank you

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi everyone,
    I was recently surprised that I can no longer buy my juice online due to a state ban.
    I managed to order some flavor concentrates from eBay, but I don't know where to get the liquid nicotine. The other thing is that I found a website that sells the Nicotine ELiquid Base - 100MG/ml nicotine strength (PG). I usually vape 3mg. Does anyone know how to dilute it?
    Thank you
    Diluting the nicotine down from 100mg to 3mg is carried out when you mix your diy eliquid by adding your flavor concentrate, your pg and vg base mix and a small amount of nicotine. The exact quantities are determined by the amount you want to make and the pg vg ratio your after plus of course your nicotine strength and flavor strength.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    North Carolina
    crigon_04.gif to ECF Massimo. So glad that you are here. So sorry you are having problems buying online. I started DIY'ing pretty close to when I started vaping. It sounds difficult at first but with all the information on this forum and the help of some wonderful people here, I am sure you will figure it all out. fBelieve me, if I can do it, anyone can. Good luck to you.

Enjoy and make yourself at home. unnamed.gif

vapingfool

Apr 19, 2022
    The hardest part of mixing your own is getting the end PG/VG ratio correct. To do that, you need to know what the nicotine base carrier is (usually all PG, but not always) and the ratio of PG:VG in the flavoring. When you have how much juice you want to make and the ending nicotine content - you can plug all that into one of the calculators mentioned. The calculators even allow the use of multiple flavorings.

But, I am lazy. Since the percentages of base and flavoring are generally relatively small, I make it easier by ignoring the PG:VG ratios in those. I also vape at approximately 50:50 PG:VG so premix the main dilutant to that ratio.

As an example, say I desire 100 ml of juice and my nicotine base is 100 mg/ml (1 mg/ml). Also assume that I want the nicotine content to be 3 mg/ml and I will be using 10% of flavoring by volume. The simplified calculations would go like this:

Since I want 100 ml of 3 mg/ml juice, I need 300 mg of nicotine or 3 ml of the nicotine base. The flavoring is 10% of the total volume or 10 ml.
    The two add up to 13 ml - so I need 87 ml of my 50:50 PG:VG dilutant.

That is all there is to it. As I mentioned earlier, the PG/VG ratio will not be exact. It will be somewhat PG heavy, but it is close enough for most people.

To get it much closer takes a few more calculations. First, lets assume the nicotine base and flavoring are both in PG carrier. So the 100 mg/ml base is very close to 90% carrier. 90% of 3 ml = 2.7 ml of PG is in the base and you can assume almost all the carrier in the flavoring is PG (10 ml).

So there are 10 + 2.7 = 12.7 ml of PG in the mix before adding the dilutant. So for an ending 50:50 juice - add 12.7 ml of VG to the mix. That gets the ratio to 50:50 for the submix.

Since you needed to add 87 ml dilutant and you already added 12.7 ml of VG, you need to add 87 - 12.7 = 74.3 ml of the 50:50 dilutant. Or, just bring the volume in your graduated cylinder up to 100 ml volume.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    The hardest part of mixing your own is getting the end PG/VG ratio correct. To do that, you need to know what the nicotine base carrier is (usually all PG, but not always) and the ratio of PG:VG in the flavoring. When you have how much juice you want to make and the ending nicotine content - you can plug all that into one of the calculators mentioned. The calculators even allow the use of multiple flavorings.

But, I am lazy. Since the percentages of base and flavoring are generally relatively small, I make it easier by ignoring the PG:VG ratios in those. I also vape at approximately 50:50 PG:VG so premix the main dilutant to that ratio.

As an example, say I desire 100 ml of juice and my nicotine base is 100 mg/ml (1 mg/ml). Also assume that I want the nicotine content to be 3 mg/ml and I will be using 10% of flavoring by volume. The simplified calculations would go like this:

Since I want 100 ml of 3 mg/ml juice, I need 300 mg of nicotine or 3 ml of the nicotine base. The flavoring is 10% of the total volume or 10 ml.
    The two add up to 13 ml - so I need 87 ml of my 50:50 PG:VG dilutant.

That is all there is to it. As I mentioned earlier, the PG/VG ratio will not be exact. It will be somewhat PG heavy, but it is close enough for most people.

To get it much closer takes a few more calculations. First, lets assume the nicotine base and flavoring are both in PG carrier. So the 100 mg/ml base is very close to 90% carrier. 90% of 3 ml = 2.7 ml of PG is in the base and you can assume almost all the carrier in the flavoring is PG (10 ml).

So there are 10 + 2.7 = 12.7 ml of PG in the mix before adding the dilutant. So for an ending 50:50 juice - add 12.7 ml of VG to the mix. That gets the ratio to 50:50 for the submix.

Since you needed to add 87 ml dilutant and you already added 12.7 ml of VG, you need to add 87 - 12.7 = 74.3 ml of the 50:50 dilutant. Or, just bring the volume in your graduated cylinder up to 100 ml volume.

I just use a calculator and a scale and get on with my life. We're not making a bomb here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread