The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Juice prices

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by Nodnerb, Sep 11, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Nodnerb

Nodnerb Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2011
    Winnipeg
    Is it just me or have all juice prices jumped? Almost everywhere i look 30 ml of juice is $16.99. To me this is absurd and i will literally stop vaping if i have to pay that much. Juggies is the only place that has reasonable priced juice and in my opinion they are the best. Why do these places that only have 10 mediocre juices feel they can charge nearly $20 per 30 ml when one of the best is 50% cheaper? I love juggies but sometimes its hard to get an order in. When i started vaping the going rate was $9.99 or even less.
    Where are people getting reasonable priced juice these days?
    thanks.

2. Spac

Spac Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2011
    Winnipeg
    Making it on my own. That said, shipping from the US for all my supplies such as nic and flavourings has gone up substantially. Guessing they're making up for lost money in border seizures or the like.

3. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I make my own too. Zero nic. VG and PG from a local drug store. Flavorings from Canvape. It doesn't get any better than that :smokie:

4. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    I was speaking with a vendor a couple of days ago and his orders from the US are 1 and 1. Every other order gets stopped at the border and sent back. If you're low on product, that hurts. Big time.

It's getting harder for vendors to get the necessary supplies in a timely manner and their margins are suffering for it. Add price increases from US suppliers and you now see an increase in juice prices here. Let's face it. As much as we'd love to see rock bottom prices on everything related to vaping, that's a bit of a dream on our part. We have to expect price increases, especially if the cost of doing business is rising for our favorite vendors.

5. fourtytwo

fourtytwo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Toronto
    I mix as well but even if I just bought all my juices, it would still be a tiny fraction of what smoking costs.

6. Concat

Concat Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2011
    Edmonton, AB
    I haven't noticed a price jump. Wasn't Juicy Clear like 23 bucks for 30 mL? That was like 3 years ago, and they were a pretty popular Canadian brand.

Honestly though, free your mind and try unflavored. It won't mess with you palette over the course of the day, and you don't lose the throat hit.

I just made 360 mL of 16 mg/mL for like $38. Can always add your own flavors.

7. Heavyrocker

Heavyrocker Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 14, 2012
    Toronto,Canada
    I get 250 ml of 100 mg nicotine and it costs me 60 to 80 cents for 30 ml.I know vendors in the states who send it to Canada ''UNSCATHED''

Adjective
    Without suffering any injury, damage, or harm: "I came through all those perils unscathed"

RTS VAPES.

8. cdnreturner

cdnreturner Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2011
    Guelph, Ontario
    When I first started 2 years ago juice was about $22 per 30ml and has come down in price. As I go through 30ml a week it was still getting too expensive. Now I get unflavoured juice from either maple leaf vapes or here:

Crystal E Liquid Bulk Unflavored - PG/VG

The latter also does fantastic flavourings here:

Crystal E Liquid Concentrate

Those concentrates go a long, long way.

9. DoloresB

DoloresB Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2013
    Ontario, Canada
    Getting my supplies from a Canadian vendor. My next order, including shipping, will cost me less than a carton of cigarettes, and these supplies will last me at least a month to a month and a half. Even with Canadian prices, my weekly vape budget comes in at about the price of 1 pack of analogs.

I feel the prices are reasonable.

10. Katmandu

Katmandu Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2010
    Canada
    $16.99 for a 30ml bottle IMHO is not unreasonable considering that when I first started eliquid was harder to find and over 20 bucks a bottle.

Now there are a ton of vendors out there and while there are some who still charge a higher price, there are many others that don't.

I know what juices I like and use everyday, to me it's worth what I pay. It beats smoking and it's still cheaper than buying a pack a day. :)

11. Kagey K

Kagey K Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2013
    Canada
    The fact of the matter is that it you can trade nicotine between provinces, but you can't import it. If you feel like Canadian vendors are being unfair to you you have a right to choose, even if it may not be delivered, but there is always a choice, and get it from who you feeel safest with. Not sure why the ....fest or the thread, Feel free to get nic juice where you choose.....

12. Nodnerb

Nov 8, 2011
    Winnipeg
    ^^^
    The reason for the thread was to see if anyone else knew of any places other than juggies with juice at reasonable prices. Thought that was pretty obvious since i said that in my original post. Fact of the matter is, i can make any thread i want regardless of if you like it or not. And you can also choose to not reply to it if it bothers you. Not sure what your problem is. Lol

Thanks to everyone else for the replies. Getting harder and harder to get in at juggies. Was only open for a few minutes this last time. Had to order some samples from some other vendors and guess ill have to simply pay more on occasions when i cant get in.

13. Katmandu

Katmandu Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2010
    Canada
    Nodnerb if you come to a local meet you can have a chance to sample different juices to see what's out there.

We also have draws for free stuff that gets donated by some of our wonderful Canadian vendors so chances are you can supplement your juice hoard with some freebies!

A lot of vendors also have sales and offer discount codes - if you take advantage of some of those you can get your juice for a reasonable price. :)

14. Nodnerb

Nov 8, 2011
    Winnipeg
    :toast:Thanks kat. Hopefully I can make it to the next meet.

15. DoloresB

DoloresB Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2013
    Ontario, Canada
    If it helps at all, there is a vendor where you can get juices for around $9.99 for 30 ml. It's here:

Welcome to East Coast Vape

I know it's not Jughead's, but there is quality product there.

16. Heavyrocker
    This message by Heavyrocker has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Sep 17, 2013, Reason: Wrong location for PIF or ecig transactions..
    Sep 15, 2013
  17. Nodnerb

Nov 8, 2011
    Winnipeg
    Nice. Thanks. Ill give some a try!

18. xxThr4sh3rxx

xxThr4sh3rxx Senior Member Verified Member

Feb 25, 2013
    North Bay, Canada
    can v4pe (take that google) has sum good juice and under $15 / 30ml

19. Dirty

Dirty Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2011
    Vancouver
    I know of another very high quality vendor that sells for under $15 per 30ml, not listing here as I especially want the lower-priced, and generally higher quality shops protected from the evil forces that pretend to be.
    Feel free to message for a link

20. Heavyrocker

Heavyrocker Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 14, 2012
    Toronto,Canada
    Cost me 7 cents too DIY juice for 30 ml.

21. aggo

aggo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Bring some to the Karaoke vape meet on Wednesday. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/canadian-meets-events/461001-happy-vaper-east-toronto-karaoke-get-together-2-sept-18-a.html

Lord knows I love saving a buck, but I don't have the time or patience for DIY right now. I don't mind paying $15 or $16 for a good 30ml juice. Heck, when I started vaping there were places like Vapables and Juicy Clear who charged $20 a bottle, and I didn't think their juices were that great. I've ordered plenty from the US and China, but I think Canadian juice prices are generally pretty reasonable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.