Just An Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
There is a lot of talk in many different places on the forum these days about the government agencies and their jurisdiction over our gadgets. It seems to be that the connection to nicotine liquid is the real sticking point.

My thought: What if we got the manufacturer's to do away with the starter kits and sell us parts instead. We can put together our own starter kits. If a Chinese manufacturer or distributor were to send us packages marked batteries, heaters, and moutpieces, we could get them through customs with no problems so long as that was the actual contents. If you break our devices down into components, without any liquid anywhere, isn't that what you would get - a battery or two, a tiny electric heater, and a plastic mouthpiece with some stuffing in it that looks like packaging?

We would have to devise another way for the liquid, but the potheads have been getting around it all for ages, there is a way somewhere.

You all can ponder this and I'll check back, but I don't want another debate full of legalese. I just wanna get us all thinking slightly more outside the box - the starter kit box that is.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
There is a lot of talk in many different places on the forum these days about the government agencies and their jurisdiction over our gadgets. It seems to be that the connection to nicotine liquid is the real sticking point.

My thought: What if we got the manufacturer's to do away with the starter kits and sell us parts instead. We can put together our own starter kits. If a Chinese manufacturer or distributor were to send us packages marked batteries, heaters, and moutpieces, we could get them through customs with no problems so long as that was the actual contents. If you break our devices down into components, without any liquid anywhere, isn't that what you would get - a battery or two, a tiny electric heater, and a plastic mouthpiece with some stuffing in it that looks like packaging?

We would have to devise another way for the liquid, but the potheads have been getting around it all for ages, there is a way somewhere.

You all can ponder this and I'll check back, but I don't want another debate full of legalese. I just wanna get us all thinking slightly more outside the box - the starter kit box that is.

Nico--I have posted many times that "that Suppliers should sell them with ZERO nicotine in their starter packs, and then let people buy Nicotine cartridges and e-liquid under seperate cover"

Much harder to ban that if the issue goes to the nicotine---Sun

ejfan1977

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Kingston, Washington
I think that is a great idea! It's perfect for those of us who have some experience under our belts. Maybe they can be imported that way to the online vendors, then they can set up "starter kits" here in the states.

I think your are spot on also about the liquid, we can probably get around that one as well.

Good thinkin' NicoWolf! 5 gold stars for you!

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I think that is a great idea! It's perfect for those of us who have some experience under our belts. Maybe they can be imported that way to the online vendors, then they can set up "starter kits" here in the states.

I think your are spot on also about the liquid, we can probably get around that one as well.

Good thinkin' NicoWolf! 5 gold stars for you!

It is a very good Idea and I do not know why Suppliers will not take it up--If I was a Vendor, that would be the first thing I would do prospectively--Just like Steve calling his units personal vaporizers now--Wish they would take some good advice----or is there some rebuttle to selling starter kits with zero nicotine cartridges and the nicotine under seperate cover order?? I must be missing something ---Sun

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
I think somebody somewhere thinks I need or want those disgusting prefilled (pre-dried) carts that come in the starter kits. Taken individually, each part of our device is perfectly legal and can be demonstrated without liquid (it might mean burning up an atomizer for the demonstration, but take one for the team).

Suck on the end of a battery and it lights up the LED - maybe we could call it a mini flashlight. Hook up a dry atomizer to a mod like the magnum or the Juice Box and it will heat up when you press the manual switch. Empty carts are just plastic, nothing to demonstrate, we could even call them adult pacifiers (lol). If they are not packaged in retail boxes as a kit, they are interpreted individually and not as a unit designed to vaporize the dreaded nicotine drug.

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
It seems to me that we can go online, find all the info we need to build a bomb, go to the hardware store and a few other retail locations and get all the materials to build it, and go home and plot to blow up a school or a government office. Why not do the same with our gadgets? We provide the instructions as individuals, not experts or lawyers. The suppliers provide the parts and the juice - or ingredients for the juice.

All we really need is someone to work on the nicotine angle, either extraction methods or a way around the powers that be.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nico, I know newbies can go on line & get all the info, especially from here & via googling :)

But there are still so many people out there that have never heard of e-cigs or if they have, don't think of looking for something like this brilliant forum.

I know when I first wanted to get to know more about e-cigs, last July, I did google them & yes I did find this forum. However ( now don't laugh :D) I hadn't a clue what a 901 was & stupidly didn't dare ask. So I just went ahead & (luckily) bought my first e-cig from Pillbox.

Sorry for long post, but what I'm trying to say is that newbies have no idea of the jargon, so if they only came across atomisers or cartridges for sale, I think they would be even more confused.

To me the starter kits get most people interested in e-cigs (BTW one of my pet hates is suppliers selling them with only one battery - purely to make their kits appear cheaper than others:mad:).

Last edited:

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Nico, it sounds like a brilliant idea, but what about newbies to e-cigs?

IMHO one of the most important things is getting as many new e-cig vapers on board as possible. I just feel that the more of us there are the bigger voice we will have. :)

Chrissie--after yesterdays massive Media assult--I highly doubt you will find many people that do not know about them by now and if they do not then they will here by word of mouth --that is a non issue at this point--unforunatly--Sun

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
well its a similar concept to what happened to imitation firearms and the VCRA bill.
Once upon a time any bod could by a RIF ( real imitation firearm ) but now to buy a complete RIF you need a VCRA exemption certificate which can only be awarded by a means test.( re-enactment society member, television props etc)

Now you can still legally purchase say a colt 1911 top slide one day and a bottom half of a colt 1911 the next. Kept in their seperate forms your not breaking the law but as soon as you attach the top and bottoms your deemed to have manufactured a RIF and therefore have broken the law.

If the hardware gets banned it will also be their use that will also be banned, so no amount of batteries or atomizers is gonna help.

But i doubt very much the devices will be banned completey but be regulated immensely. It will be the liquid that will require proper testing and no doubt heavily taxed if it complies.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Sun....even with the media blitz of the past week (which by the way I think WE on the forum are more aware of),I think the general public still has alot to learn.Some people,quite frankly,dont follow the news,other than anything Obama and economy related! I also believe that once the initial e-cig buyer buys their first kit,everything afterward is parts and juice...no need for a second kit. The carts that come with them are usless after awhile,other than topping off. Selling the pieces individually will benefit the buisness......just my 2 cents! The Wiz!

Just a heads up for anyone worried about priming in atomisers etc , I have received conformation that slb and rn atomisers come primed with NO NIC fluid, and therefore do not infringe on importation laws here in Australia or the USA . it is simply the provided carts which will prove a sticking point. I think i might be correct in thinking this is the same for any manufacturer ( I have had anecdotal comments on this but no solid reply except for Salibao atomisers)
:)

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
It seems to me that we can go online, find all the info we need to build a bomb, go to the hardware store and a few other retail locations and get all the materials to build it, and go home and plot to blow up a school or a government office.

Could you please point me in the right direction to find this information as i wan't to blow up a lot of people. :evil:

As to your idea your quite right. I only ever bought one starter kit and a few days later after i'd worked out the seperate parts and what they did, i went online and googled E-Cigs and found this place. After a couple of hours reading the forums i found the suppliers in the UK that were very reliable and then bought my e-cigs in parts and my carts and liquid seperately. :D

8-Ball

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
I'm new, still waiting on my first pilot, but after looking around a bit, it seems to me that there is also the problem of inhaling the PG vapor regardless of nicotine content. There may also be an issue of any harmful contaminants coming off the atomizer when heated.

There may be as many issues related to the vapor production to contend with as there are for the nicotine.

I'm not arguing for or against, just pointing out that the feds can take issue with more than the nicotine if they so desire.

MonkeyMonk

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
IMHO, I think that the suppliers need to form partnerships with each other, or break their own entity into 2 separate corporations with 2 separate non-linked websites.

One supplier/website carry only hardware and 0 nic cart.s, blank cart.s and flavorings and the other, his partner supplier, carry only the nic. e-juice, no carts, and spray bottles for spraying plants for bugs.

This way the 1st supplier/website is not selling a "drug delivery" system. And, the other, supplier is selling nicotine on the other site for its proper use as an insecticide.

It would be a temporary fix, that might solve the customs problem.

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
IMHO, I think that the suppliers need to form partnerships with each other, or break their own entity into 2 separate corporations with 2 separate non-linked websites.

One supplier/website carry only hardware and 0 nic cart.s, blank cart.s and flavorings and the other, his partner supplier, carry only the nic. e-juice, no carts, and spray bottles for spraying plants for bugs.

This way the 1st supplier/website is not selling a "drug delivery" system. And, the other, supplier is selling nicotine on the other site for its proper use as an insecticide.

It would be a temporary fix, that might solve the customs problem.

Great example of thinking outside the box. There is a way around it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread