Just Got My First VG Juices and Im Not All That Impressed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

[amp]

Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Clearwater FL
www.ampvapes.com
Im hoping that these 2 flavors I got are not representative of all VG juices, but these just aren't very good. They do seem to make more vapor then my other PG juices but they both taste like popcorn in the end. One is cappuccino and other one is a Hilton like flavor. The cappuccino really tastes like popcorn and with the coffee flavor it's almost like a brunt popcorn flavor. After trying these I had to give my atomizer an alcohol bath to clear the flavor since it made all of my other juice taste like popcorn too. So now Im kinda worried I have some other VG juices en route but, is this funky popcorn flavor something that is there in all VG juices or is it just these?:confused:

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
[amp];2585225 said:
Im hoping that these 2 flavors I got are not representative of all VG juices, but these just aren't very good. They do seem to make more vapor then my other PG juices but they both taste like popcorn in the end. One is cappuccino and other one is a Hilton like flavor. The cappuccino really tastes like popcorn and with the coffee flavor it's almost like a brunt popcorn flavor. After trying these I had to give my atomizer an alcohol bath to clear the flavor since it made all of my other juice taste like popcorn too. So now Im kinda worried I have some other VG juices en route but, is this funky popcorn flavor something that is there in all VG juices or is it just these?:confused:

I use only VG juice and have never had a popcorn taste from any of them....suppose it depends on where you purchase it and the flavoring they use......

Juicehead

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2011
CA
Not sure about the popcorn taste but as a rule of thumb - PG = More TH & VG = More Vapor. Also note that PG transmits flavors better than VG. I use 80pg/20vg and find that is my sweetspot. Great flavor transmision, nice TH with good vapor and a consitency that works well with both attys/cartos.

This! Do you have any PG juice you could make a little mix with?

merriweather

Jan 18, 2011
Missour-ah :p
I find all 100% VG juices to be disgusting. They have a thick, greasy, filmy taste to me. Any more than 30% VG is too much for my liking.

And I'm the opposite and so far really like 100% VG juices. :p I like the thick cloud of vapor and I don't notice any grease or film, while I find PG to just be so thin on the vapor and I've noticed a weird underlying chemical taste, but that might just be because my young fluids need to age their flavor a bit.
Maybe leave them alone for a week to see if the flavour changes? Then try to mix in some PG if you think that would help?

tea

Nov 10, 2010
PA
I vaped pure VG the other day and it definitely doesn't taste like popcorn. It's just kind of thick, sweet, and vapory. I need vapor more than throat hit, and have personally come to enjoy a PG/VG mix in the 50/50 to 80/20 range. All PG is just too harsh on my throat, and I think there's a lot of truth to the idea that an all VG liquid will clog an atty faster than PG. Because they're thicker, VG liquids probably need longer to steep for full permeation to take effect. Definitely try mixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread