Status
Not open for further replies.

Tepid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Somewhere
So, I just got my Vamo today.

Started playing with it right out of the box, batteries are full charged and all.
I did however, put them on the charger for about an hour and they are green.

So, I started off with the Nova Mini's and Nova 3.5ml that I have been using for about a week or so.
The Vamo reads about 2.4ohm, however, my atty checker reads them as 2.2 range (2.13 to 2.2), strange.
Which is accurate? I think the Vamo is actually off (not accurate), higher by about .3.
When I first started I tested with a Volt Meter
and the Atty Checker I have was accurate (usually), you have to turn it on and leave it for a couple of moments,
and maybe turn off and back on a couple of times to get an accurate reading. but it does work, and it accurate to a Volt Meter.

So I built a new atty that reads on my checker as about 3.5ohm (8/7 wrap) with cotton ball (boiled 3 times).
But the Vamo reads at 3.7 to 3.8ohm.

At 7W, it is hitting pretty dang good. The flavor is a little odd (earthy cotton flavor that is supposed to hopefully go away),
but clean, I may have to up the flavor %'s of my juice if I continue to use cotton.
I am still testing, only been a couple of hours now.

Well, I am getting this thing dialed in and I think I am impressed. I will give a fuller review in about a week or so.

Last edited:

VapRLady

ECF Veteran
Ok, so, I revisited my Kanger T3's ,,,

2.8ohm at 5.5W .... very nice. They have life after all. Not so much on an ego Twist.
May have to invest in the ProTank.

Will have to wait and see about gurgling and leaking.

Loving the wattage feature... I find my eVods, MT3 and Protanks have stopped gurgling now that I'm throwing a bit of FIRE to them...

On wattage, (which is totally addictive once you get a real hit of the flavor you have been missing), I set eVods at 5-6, MT3's at 5-6 and the Protank 6-8 depending on juices, I am rebuilding my atty's to be around 2.6ohms. I am stacking 18350's and think these settings will change once I am running the 18650 that I have on order..... will keep you posted...

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
My vamo is in the mail, hope to get it tomorrow or i will die jijjiiij,, my protank looks like is going to arrive first since is already in the last step of the tracking number hopfully tomorroy will read "out for delivery" but my vamo is not in my local post office yet,,, i recived 3 vapemail (so im not too anxius)'with a couple of new juices and a small 650mah Twist to get rough and dirty, my VAMO will be my GALA suite,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
No plastic taste with the Pro tank, although a few have said they're getting a metallic taste because the KPT's mouthpiece is metal. I'm not getting a metallic taste and I've had both of mine for a week and put at least 5 tanks through each. I haven't pulled any wicks and I've been using 80/20, 50/50 and 100% VG. I just started (today) removing all of the cup seals/gaskets and what a difference. Those things really take away from the flavor. I haven't had any leaks or gurgles from day 1. Before I removed the cup seals/gasket I would get a burnt hit every so often. Now I haven't had a burnt hit yet. And I ws able to turn up the voltage on my spinners for the MBV cinnamon roll I'm vaping. If I were you I'd get 2, because you'll be ...... if you only buy one. :)

Edit: Pro tanks are made of Pyrex glass and chrome plated steel. The base is chrome plated brass.

Last edited:

Tepid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Somewhere
I revisited my T3's last night as well and after rewick/recoil getting a strong plastic taste and muted flavor. Meh. I've converted to Vivi Nova, even if I have to twirl it around here and there.

Thanks for making me feel like I am not crazy.

I am looking at the AGA-T2 ,,,, And Maybe a Protank.

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
No plastic taste with the Pro tank, although a few have said they're getting a metallic taste because the KPT's mouthpiece is metal. I'm not getting a metallic taste and I've had both of mine for a week and put at least 5 tanks through each. I haven't pulled any wicks and I've been using 80/20, 50/50 and 100% VG. I just started (today) removing all of the cup seals/gaskets and what a difference. Those things really take away from the flavor. I haven't had any leaks or gurgles from day 1. Before I removed the cup seals/gasket I would get a burnt hit every so often. Now I haven't had a burnt hit yet. And I ws able to turn up the voltage on my spinners for the MBV cinnamon roll I'm vaping. If I were you I'd get 2, because you'll be ...... if you only buy one. :)

Edit: Pro tanks are made of Pyrex glass and chrome plated steel. The base is chrome plated brass.

Ok after a day of using the Pro tank with out the seal I've gotten my first flood. I knew that this should happen, but no one else is reporting it after they remove the cup seal. The seal stops any liquid from getting into the mouth piece, like I originally thought. Removed, it does allow a better taste, so the seals are restricting the flavor wicks. So I turned the cup seal upside down and the flavor is the same and no flooding. I should've left well enough alone, because I knew what was gonna happen. As it turns out flipping the cup seal allows the flavor to come through just as well. Sorry if I misled anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread