Just got my Vivi Nova 2.5...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disk4mat

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 9, 2012
USA
I had that issue. Not enough liquid was getting to the coil in my case. I removed the silicon cap from the head and with scissors shortened it my a 1mm or two. Took care of the wicking problem and improved in all areas (th, vapor and flavor). Some times those caps can choke the wick. I dont know if that could be your issue or not.

Voltage could be another factor. What are you using along with that Vivi?

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Out of curiosity, does yours have the vents near the 510 center post? There are a lot of VIVI nova 1.0 being sold as 2.5. I found this personally. If yours has the vents near the 510 connection with short wicks its the 2.0 if it has the same vent near the connection but long wicks its the 2.5. The version 1.0 had the vents along the edge of the bottom end cap under the edge of the clear tube. I have the version 2.0 with short wicks and they work wonderfully, just fill it and let the wicks saturate for about 10 mins, swish it around, and vape.

Yes they have a short break in period as do most atties. Just start out with short draws and you should see the vaper get thicker and thicker and the taste will get stronger. If you want to quicken the break in , make your vents a bit larger, by carefully using a small pair of scissors and lightly scraping it or a nail or something to make the hole a bit bigger. I did this after I read on another thread how adding more ventilation really helps. I have 3 going great with real thick dark carto killer juices. You must keep the wicks wet especially when the juice level gets lower, just swish the juice onto the wicks and you're set, unless of course you have the version 1.0 which you should return unless you want to research on modding it.

Trento06

Verified Member
Apr 12, 2012
Maryville, Tennessee
Out of curiosity, does yours have the vents near the 510 center post? There are a lot of VIVI nova 1.0 being sold as 2.5. I found this personally. If yours has the vents near the 510 connection with short wicks its the 2.0 if it has the same vent near the connection but long wicks its the 2.5. The version 1.0 had the vents along the edge of the bottom end cap under the edge of the clear tube. I have the version 2.0 with short wicks and they work wonderfully, just fill it and let the wicks saturate for about 10 mins, swish it around, and vape.

Yes they have a short break in period as do most atties. Just start out with short draws and you should see the vaper get thicker and thicker and the taste will get stronger. If you want to quicken the break in , make your vents a bit larger, by carefully using a small pair of scissors and lightly scraping it or a nail or something to make the hole a bit bigger. I did this after I read on another thread how adding more ventilation really helps. I have 3 going great with real thick dark carto killer juices. You must keep the wicks wet especially when the juice level gets lower, just swish the juice onto the wicks and you're set, unless of course you have the version 1.0 which you should return unless you want to research on modding it.
ya it's got the vent holes and long wicks.
i switched to the 1.8ohm and 3.7 volts and it's vapping much nicer.
thanks for the info!

hellerhighwater

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Riverside, CA
I'm loving my new Vivi Nova 2.5 - but I find there is a really dark black crusty build up on the coils after two tanks. I've tried the hot water cleaning method most suggest as well as a brief alcohol bath - which helps, but the gunk remains. Scraping it off proved dangerous and ended one of my atomizer heads. Any suggestions on cleaning these things?

JimmyJet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
Carolinas
I had that issue. Not enough liquid was getting to the coil in my case. I removed the silicon cap from the head and with scissors shortened it my a 1mm or two. Took care of the wicking problem and improved in all areas (th, vapor and flavor). Some times those caps can choke the wick. I dont know if that could be your issue or not.

Just received a new ViVi 2.5 today from DV. Vaped well at first, then started getting weak hits. Then started getting dry/scratchy hits. After reading this post I trimmed the silicon cap. That improved it but only a little. Still weak vapor.

Mine does have the vent holes near the 510 center post. And the long wicks. Any suggestions are welcome. I really want this baby to work.

Thanks, JJ :)

Disk4mat

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 9, 2012
USA
Jimmy.. Wish I had a simple fix for you. The cap trimming helps with burning/dry hits but wont raise performance to where I want it. Currently, I went to a carto + tank and found what works for me.

Ive even tried swapping out the center pin from the head with a larger diameter one for increased air flow. That only improved vapor slightly. Not enough to be worth the effort.

If I ever discover something that works I'll post back here...

Tibby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oakley, Ca.
After cleaning like you did put the stem on your battery and then the coil head. Leave off that rubber/metal hat thingy and dry burn in 4 second intervals. They will smoke a little then start to turn red hot burning off the kaka. Blow on the coils inbetween dry burns to cool and knock off ash kaka. If al goes as planed it should hit like new. some put a small drop of liquid directly on the coil before reassembly. Fill tank and let it sit for a while. Drag on it a few times to draw the liquid up the wicks without fireing the device button then vape. It may take a handfull of puffs before you are back to some good flavored clouds.

Jayblades

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
Arlington, VA
I've been getting burnt flavor every so often, I've just shaken up the tank and gotten some extra liquid near the top of the coils and it seems to get a bit better.

I also watched a PBusardo review on the ViVi Nova on TasteYourJuice.com and he had a nifty idea to actually cut V shaped notches on the end cap where the wicks come out to allow additional juice to get in if you're interested in giving that a shot as well.

BrokenLung

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2012
TN
Does anyone know why the version 2.5 having the air holes on the center post makes it so much better? Is it just better on certain set ups? I don't understand what would be different about it other than the tightness of the draw?

It seems like my nova 2.5 mop heads will fit on the old version that has long wicks but the air hole on the bottom cap.

3McG3

Jan 19, 2013
Ohio, USA
Instead of trimming the plastic caps, I have found that you can adjust the metal grommet thingy inside with a pencil tip. By pushing it closer to the atty, you get the same result as trimming it, without having to actually cut anything. The gormmet acts as a stop when it hits the atty head, so by adjusting the grommet, you can control position of the cap, and improve wicking.

I have found that adjusting the grommet so that the cap does not sit tightly against the wick makes a big difference. It allows more juice to flow, and results in much better vaping. I have also used the PBrussardo method of cutting the "V" shaped slots where the wicks go, this seems to help wicking as well. Additionally, if you rebuild your heads, make sure not to push the wick down tightly into the bottom of the groove, as this will impede wicking. You don't want a gap beneath the wick, but you don't want to smash it down in there either. It seems to me that 99% of complaints about the vivi are directly related to wicking. The heads that come with it are poorly made - but rebuilding them yourself gives a much better experience.

Disk4mat

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 9, 2012
USA
I have found that adjusting the grommet so that the cap does not sit tightly against the wick makes a big difference. It allows more juice to flow, and results in much better vaping.
For me thats exactly the issue... Im going to try your tip - thanks! Luckily I have a few spare caps that I didnt hack up :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread