Just joined the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodyowl

May 13, 2016
Wanted to say hello and am looking forward to interacting with and contributing to the vaping community.

I was a longtime smoker and have been vaping for about 5 years now. It was a godsend for me. The ONLY thing that really got me off cigs. I started with V4L cig-a-likes, then upgraded to the Zeus (cigar style vape). Boy was that a step up! Finally, real vapor, taste and TH. Recently, I've been immersing myself with what's happening in the vaping world and with the other vape products available now. Just got myself a box mod with a tank (all new to me) and am amazed at all the choices out there. Especially the overwhelming options with e-juice. PG, VG, low resistance attys, drippers, rebuildables...

Hours have been spent watching and reading reviews. I think I've become obsessed! My biggest obsession has been with stabilized wood box mods. Just gorgeous. Oh, and I also joined CASSA and am tying to educate myself on the new (pending) laws and restrictions.

Glad to be here and thanks in advance for any advice for a (sort of) newbie.

woodyowl

May 13, 2016
Hello and welcome to the forum @eprager. Glad to have you here!:)

What did you get?
Thanks!

I ended up choosing a Provari Radius with a Kabuki tank. A bit pricey for my first mod setup but I wanted something sturdy that could hold up to some drops and clumsiness. I also liked the safety features, P3 threading, and the overall look.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I ended up choosing a Provari Radius with a Kabuki tank. A bit pricey for my first mod setup but I wanted something sturdy that could hold up to some drops and clumsiness. I also liked the safety features, P3 threading, and the overall look.
Great sturdy mod and highly respected vendor.
I also joined CASSA and am tying to educate myself on the new (pending) laws and restrictions.
In a nutshell per @Robino1

"Here is the lowdown for what we can understand.

Come August 8, 2016 no new products can be released.

We have two years for vendors to apply for PMTA with the FDA

After their application has been submitted, they can continue to sell their products for a year. After that year, they have to stop selling whether or not they hear from the FDA, if they have gotten approval or not.

The FDA has basically stated that they doubt any will be approved.

We are hoping that the lawsuit, that has been filed by Nicopure aka Halo, will be followed by more lawsuits.

In the meantime, a lot of us are prepping for the worse case scenario.

Now, we don't know what exactly is going to come down the pike from the FDA. Once deemed, they can pretty much do what they want. We are hoping that Congress will step in and change the Grandfather Date.

That's about all I know in a nutshell."
______

Plan for the worse (in some form of the below):
Take ACTION for the best:

Last edited:
Reactions: Robino1

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thanks, I'll check it out. I have a basic understanding of what Sub Ohm is but am eager to learn more.
Could look into the pros and cons of sub ohm'g vs non sub ohm'g before you decide which way you want to go. Some folks jump right into sub ohm'g without looking at the hidden ramifications.Successful sub ohm'rs tend to know the ins and outs of vaping. That's why sub ohm'g is tag as advanced vaping.

woodyowl

May 13, 2016
Great sturdy mod and highly respected vendor. Forum here on ECF => ProVape. Here's where many Provari members hang out => The ProVarinati Diner & Saloon #5.

In a nutshell per @Robino1

"Here is the lowdown for what we can understand.

Come August 8, 2016 no new products can be released.

We have two years for vendors to apply for PMTA with the FDA

After their application has been submitted, they can continue to sell their products for a year. After that year, they have to stop selling whether or not they hear from the FDA, if they have gotten approval or not.

The FDA has basically stated that they doubt any will be approved.

We are hoping that the lawsuit, that has been filed by Nicopure aka Halo, will be followed by more lawsuits.

In the meantime, a lot of us are prepping for the worse case scenario.

Now, we don't know what exactly is going to come down the pike from the FDA. Once deemed, they can pretty much do what they want. We are hoping that Congress will step in and change the Grandfather Date.

That's about all I know in a nutshell."
______

Plan for the worse (in some form of the below):
Take ACTION for the best:
Thanks for the links and info. Wow, I had no idea how overly restrictive the FDA's plans were. That's crazy. I've already supported HR 2058 via email but will continue to do so. Squeaky wheel and all.

Reactions: Susan~S

woodyowl

May 13, 2016
Could look into the pros and cons of sub ohm'g vs non sub ohm'g before you decide which way you want to go. Some folks jump right into sub ohm'g without looking at the hidden ramifications.Successful sub ohm'rs tend to know the ins and outs of vaping. That's why sub ohm'g is tag as advanced vaping.
Thanks very much for the advice. From what I've learned about sub ohm'g so far I don't think it would be something I'd be interested in at this point. But maybe one day. Right now I'm pretty happy with the Nautilus 1.6 coils that I use with the Kabuki. And it fits my current knowledge/skill level. I am however curious about rebuildables. They look like fun to build and use. Much research is needed though before I even think about doing that!

Reactions: BrotherBob

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Wow, I had no idea how overly restrictive the FDA's plans were. That's crazy.
Yea, it will be really bad if something doesn't change. 99.9% of the products currently in the market were not available in Feb 2007 (and would need to get FDA approval (as it stands right now).

I started vaping in the fall of 2006 and could NEVER go back to that.

Reactions: woodyowl

woodyowl

May 13, 2016
Yea, it will be really bad if something doesn't change. 99.9% of the products currently in the market were not available in Feb 2007 (and would need to get FDA approval (as it stands right now).

I started vaping in the fall of 2006 and could NEVER go back to that.
I guess it's just really important for the vaping community to keep fighting back. Good PR campaigns could spotlight how the FDA's trying to take away the only thing that has kept so many people off deadly cigarettes. There needs to be a rational compromise when it comes to these regulations and it looks like this isn't going to happen without a good fight.

Jack Paul

Unresolved Status
May 14, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread