• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Just lost an internet friend today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kams Cats

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
The Lady who got me interested in E-cigarettes. She passed away this morning. Deb was older and a heavy smoker most of her life. She developed COPD and had to have oxygen. Still she smoked. Then she got a vaporking e-cig and was able to quit. She vaped 24 mg and sometimes 36 mg. She knew it was high but felt it was the only thing keeping her away from the cigarettes. Considering nothing else worked I couldn't say much. She loved the facebook groups for vapors and before long she graduated to a Darwin. She loved Gourmet vapor too.

This fall she started having a lot of problems. Her lungs were more or less gone. Bouts of pneumonia. She needed surgery for colon cancer but they couldn't get her lungs healthy enough to withstand the surgery. She passed away this morning.

She encouraged me all the way to stop smoking now so I would not end up like her. She loved and embraced vaping and encouraged others to try it.

I wonder sometimes if the higher nic was too much for her damaged lungs. If vaping with a Darwin might have been too much. I wonder if the brand of juice she used contributed to the damage this fall. Since everything with BE came to light I have thought about her in the hospital and then to hear of her death I can't help wondering. At the same time I know she was in very bad shape before she started vaping and it most likely was not a contributing factor. Still I am left with doubts.

CaminoDiablo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
East Pembroke NY
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. It's a hard time deal and understand what happened. As far as I know, talking to doctors, the nicotine only acts like caffeine and just effects the heart as in constricts the artery's and the heart works harder. As for the lungs I have never heard nicotine effect the lungs, just the other 3,999 chemicals in the cigarette. Again I'm sorry and she at least knows you have carried on what she wanted you to do, not smoke.

Kams Cats

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
That makes me wonder if it was too late for the change to vaping?

Yes it was too late for her. Not to late for me and others she encouraged. She always wanted us to quit so we wouldn't end up like her. Her encouragement and success with them is what made me decide to get an e-cig.

Anaconda

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2011
Freddy Beach, NB, Canada
I'm terribly sorry to hear about your loss. I think her courage to try something as young and essentially unproven, the E-Cig, is a game changer to many. Although she's passed on from all of the years of being a smoker, her determination to get off of them, has impacted many around her. Her story is one that will make many other smokers think twice, and maybe give this "new age / fangled" e-cig a try, and will save many lives before it's too late.

I am sad to know she lost the fight, but I'm sure she is smiling knowing you are thinking of her now, and sharing her story with us. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread