Just ordered my first dripper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoundedColt8

Aug 2, 2018
MyFreedomSmokes has the Troll V2 22mm for $20.95 with $3 shipping (under $25 total) and I finally decided I'd get myself a dripper. I saw a few videos about it and it looked pretty decent.
Anyone have any building/coil installing tips? Any tips about the Troll v2 specifically? Cheers :)

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
MyFreedomSmokes has the Troll V2 22mm for $20.95 with $3 shipping (under $25 total) and I finally decided I'd get myself a dripper. I saw a few videos about it and it looked pretty decent.
Anyone have any building/coil installing tips? Any tips about the Troll v2 specifically? Cheers :)

If you are going to make your own coils start simple. 24 gauge kanthal, 5 wraps around a 2.5 mm bit. It usually comes out at around .24 ohms. It's good at around 40-50 watts. I started this way and still consider it the best for flavor even over some of the more exotic coil builds. Good luck and have fun.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
When I started dripping I rarely use anything but them now. Unfortunately I’ve developed this rda habit lol!

You can find LOTS of great RDAs that are a year or 2 old on Clearance on a lot of vape sites for very cheap money. Or clone style RDAs on fasttech. It’s kind of addicting. Well for me anyways.

Enjoy it!!

Johnny2Vapes

Oct 27, 2018
Welcome to the darkside! Tips? Yeah I got a bunch about the Troll V2; hogs juice like a mo**, easy to build on with the velocity deck, make sure the coils are right center to the AFC, Keep one lead longer than the other as the easiest way for dual coils is top to bottom on the posts, use plenty of cotton as it needs it. Also Be prepared to constantly paint your coils and be prepared for leaking if you overdrip. Good first choice, that was my first rda and I miss it now at times.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Welcome to the darkside! Tips? Yeah I got a bunch about the Troll V2; hogs juice like a mo**, easy to build on with the velocity deck, make sure the coils are right center to the AFC, Keep one lead longer than the other as the easiest way for dual coils is top to bottom on the posts, use plenty of cotton as it needs it. Also Be prepared to constantly paint your coils and be prepared for leaking if you overdrip. Good first choice, that was my first rda and I miss it now at times.
What?

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
I've got the 25mm, used it for quite a while until I got into rta's. Just recoiled and wicked it to test some diy juice myself. Very nice to build on. I liked the three o-ring seal, though I did have to replace a couple, the top one goes out first. Made for a very solid atty.

RoundedColt8

Aug 2, 2018
After using it for a couple of days, I can definitely attest to the amount of juice this dripper drinks. Thanks for the tips :)

RoundedColt8

Aug 2, 2018
I've got the 25mm, used it for quite a while until I got into rta's. Just recoiled and wicked it to test some diy juice myself. Very nice to build on. I liked the three o-ring seal, though I did have to replace a couple, the top one goes out first. Made for a very solid atty.
I might have to grab a 25mm soon, I really like the 22mm. Yeah, those o-rings are tough. Thanks for the feedback :)

RoundedColt8

Aug 2, 2018
Man, the more I think about it... I've just been using flavor rta's for months, deploying that lil' guy & rocking some fused claptons sounds like something my mother would approve of! It's a really good rda OP, you've made an excellent choice!
I'm enjoying it so far! I've only used the pre-built coils it came with but I definitely need to get some kanthal and and see what I can build! Thanks for the feedback man :)

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
there's no going back now, a tank just never had the flavor that a dripper does, for me anyways
i have no advice for the troll but....
have you built coils before?
me personally I didn't notice any difference between nichrome and ss :unsure: other than it takes longer for the ss to heat up so i have to up my watts
nor am I really sure I'm sold on cotton vs silica, didn't notice any difference there either :lol: but I am now the proud owner of 180 pieces of muji cotton so i'm supplied for life on wicks :lol: it's a good thing i didn't dislike it...
if you don't want to make your own coils there are premade coils you can buy and put your own wick in
i usually buy mine from FT for dirt cheap :pervy:
are you using single or dual coil?

RoundedColt8

Aug 2, 2018
there's no going back now, a tank just never had the flavor that a dripper does, for me anyways
i have no advice for the troll but....
have you built coils before?
me personally I didn't notice any difference between nichrome and ss :unsure: other than it takes longer for the ss to heat up so i have to up my watts
nor am I really sure I'm sold on cotton vs silica, didn't notice any difference there either :lol: but I am now the proud owner of 180 pieces of muji cotton so i'm supplied for life on wicks :lol: it's a good thing i didn't dislike it...
if you don't want to make your own coils there are premade coils you can buy and put your own wick in
i usually buy mine from FT for dirt cheap :pervy:
are you using single or dual coil?
No experience building just yet, besides installing the coils that came with my Troll (which worked well actually)
I've heard that both nichrome and kanthal are good starter wires. As for wicking, I think I wanna stay away from silica and get some nice cotton, as I only have a couple strips left from the pad that came with the Troll.
It's a duel coil only, there's no way to set the airflow for one coil, however I think I'll get a Wasp Nano for single coil building. I wanna try wrapping some of my own, then perhaps try some more fancy prebuilds. :)

Johnny2Vapes

Oct 27, 2018
No experience building just yet, besides installing the coils that came with my Troll (which worked well actually)
I've heard that both nichrome and kanthal are good starter wires. As for wicking, I think I wanna stay away from silica and get some nice cotton, as I only have a couple strips left from the pad that came with the Troll.
It's a duel coil only, there's no way to set the airflow for one coil, however I think I'll get a Wasp Nano for single coil building. I wanna try wrapping some of my own, then perhaps try some more fancy prebuilds. :)
I'd say start out with Kanthal if you have a nickle allergy and stick with that. It all boils down to your style of vaping; Kanthal (KA1) will ramp up or heat up slower than Nickle-Chromium (Ni80) does and retains heat more than Ni80. Just find what wire type works best for you. As for cotton, I'd just say buy a bag of organic cotton balls from like a Sprouts or Whole foods as they're 100 for cheap and you get months outta that, or go with Muji cotton as you can pick up like 360 squares for around 7.99 off Amazon. Don't get discouraged if your building is janky at first as it will be normal at first. Just take your time and go slow at first till you get the feel for wrapping coils and then speed it up. A drill also helps with making the wire straight. There's tons of toutorials on Youtube for that as well.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread