The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Just started dripping and.....

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by leelee.d, Apr 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. leelee.d

leelee.d Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2014
    Central Alabama
    I'm not sure if this is posted in the right place so if not, please move it. I just purchased my first mech mod. It's a Nemesis clone with an all acrylic Patriot drip tip. The coils read out .6 on the meter....replaced wick with 100 percent pure cotton...dripping 3mg of nicotine. My friend at my local B&M built it for me. I had imagined this was going to be a good experience however, every single time I do it I feel like it's choking me to death and I cannot inhale much at all therefore, no big clouds....what is going on and what I am I doing wrong?? I'm seriously to the point of either selling or trading it. Dripping just may not be for me...who knows. Thanks!

2. Fearalis

Fearalis Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 7, 2013
    UT
    Just increase the ohms. Maybe it's too low, too much vapor and too much heat for you. Build a 1.0 or 1.2 ohm coil. Everyone has their own preferences. I recently got a Reo and it was all new to me. The first coil I built was a 1.17 and it's still on the Reo after a week of use. It puts out tons of flavor, a good size cloud (bigger than what I was used to) and it's just a decent vape for me. I will be trying a .9 ohm in a couple days when I get bored or whatever.

Edit: Could be coil placement as well.

3. mvroman

mvroman Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2013
    Texas
    Sounds like not enough airflow to me. It could be that there is too much cotton or the airholes are blocked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

4. 2naphish

2naphish Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2013
    the boro, Tennessee
  5. leelee.d

leelee.d Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2014
    Central Alabama
    Ok, thank you....I'm going to keep trying. I will ask him if he can build a 1.2 for me. I know he wanted to drill out another hole but since the drip tip is acrylic he was afraid to do it. I may just need to get a different one. Stay tuned!

6. Bigflyrodder

Bigflyrodder Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 6, 2014
    Boston, MA
    There really is no benefit at all to being sub ohm with a single small air hole. I agree that you should wrap that at maybe 1-1.3ohms if possible and go from there.

I have a few juices that I just don't like in RDAs as they get very harsh no matter what I build or where I place the coil, maybe try a different juice in the meantime. Quick short drags can also help especially when starting and, I know this will sound hard to believe, I find I can often direct lung inhale juices that make me cough with mouth to lung inhales.

Good luck and don't give up on it, I have met people that say they don't like dripping because they think it is a pain to have to drip but I don't thank anyone argues the fact that it is the best way to get the most flavor and vapor.

7. DurtyZ

DurtyZ Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2014
    Utah
    Do you mean the top cap is acrylic? The drip tip is the removable mouth piece ;-)
    But anyway, I gotta agree with everyone else, airflow. Increase your airflow and you'll definitely notice a decrease in heat. Also a bigger bore drip tip would help. I know it did for me in my nimbus, makes a world of difference.

8. sparc

sparc Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 16, 2013
    West Side till I die
    For the time being you may remove one of the dual coils and you should be around 1.2ohms. I run my patriot as a single coil build with the air holes bored out a tad.

9. dylanlg2

dylanlg2 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 6, 2013
    My-PC
    Do you remember when you first started vaping? Do you remember the tickle in your throat and the coughing at the smallest amount of vapor? Your body has to get used to larger amounts of pg/vg intake.. it sounds like your simply inhaling more vg and your body is not used to it so you cough.. vaping more should fix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.