Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
please help. If I have a 5% juul pod how many drops of 200mg/ml nic salt would I add to make 10 ml of 100% vg.

5% = 50mg/ml (so this is your target concentration)
50mg/ml / 200mg/ml = .25ml (how much you need per ml of total solution)
.25 * 10ml (total solution) = 2.5ml (of 200mg/ml in a 10ml bottle to be 50mg/ml total solution)

Now as to how many "drops", there is no way for us to know because not all "drops" are the same size. So either measure out 2.5ml or use your specific bottle to drip into a measuring device until you get to 1ml then you know how many drops from THAT SPECIFIC BOTTLE are in 1 ml and multiply that by 2.5.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The drop size thing is both true and not true iirc. Drop size varies not so much by the diameter of the opening as by the viscosity of the liquid. That one is variable too though so the effect is the same. There used to be a rule of thumb of 15 drops per ml. That only applied to flavoring though which all behaved a lot like water. Eliquids dont.

Reactions: Harlen

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
There used to be a rule of thumb of 15 drops per ml.

15 for flavorings? I disagree. Flavorings are usually 30-35 drops per ml.

There was (and still is) a 20 drops per ml rule for eliquids (that started when we were using plastic squeeze bottles to refill our 1 ml cartomizers). I used to get 20-25 drops per ml using commercial eliquids from old bottles with rather large openings.

Thank all of you. I have switched from freebase to nicsalts. I have tried ecigs before but stopped, for reasons of not being satisfied with my nic hit. It’s been 8 days without a cigarette and my wife told me she likes the fact that the house did not smell like cigarettes.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
@Katya and @bombastinator

You both make good points but also good counterpoints to each other. This is why I really suggest the OP not use "drops" as a unit of measure. Just measure by ml or use a scale and weight if that is preferred. Both by volume and by weight are absolute values and will always be a lot more precise than the imprecise value of "drops".

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
@Katya and @bombastinator

You both make good points but also good counterpoints to each other. This is why I really suggest the OP not use "drops" as a unit of measure. Just measure by ml or use a scale and weight if that is preferred. Both by volume and by weight are absolute values and will always be a lot more precise than the imprecise "drops".

No argument here. But the OP asked about drops--so I tried to answer in drops--or whatever unit s/he has available. Drops, teaspoons, thimbles, cups--as long as the ratio remains 1:3, s/he should be OK. For now. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread