K3 and 0.7 Ohm Coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveMack

Sep 23, 2019
Hi
Just wanted to see if anyone can advise about my Aspire K3 device and whether i can use 0.7 ohm coils in it which i recently bought in error?

Also any recommendations for decent e-liquids for a new user, recently quitting smoking in past 3 weeks and needing to find an e-liquid that gives that throat hit that's talked about so much.

Currently getting by with 'US Red' with slight amount of 'mint' flavour and find that the only time a 'throat hit' happens is when first vaping with the K3 but each time i use it followingthe first 'hit' is very weak. Unless putting it down for an hour then the first use is ok but after is rubbish.

Would i benefit from a larger device like Aspire X30 Rover Kit or EVO75 device (for smoking replacements primarily)?

Thank you

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
Last edited:
  • Agree

SteveMack

Sep 23, 2019
Hi
Now i'm really confused!!!

I thought you said the 0.7 ohm IS compatible with my K3 device in your first post?

I have no idea what VW WW, TC Mode, Triton Mini or what/how/why more 'warmth', higher/lower wattage or bypass modes are for or needed or do?!

Please remember i am simply a person wishing to remain OFF cigarettes (4 weeks so far), with a closest replacement which so far as per my first post isn't really working

thanks

• Optimistic

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
I thought you said the 0.7 ohm IS compatible with my K3 device in your first post?
I updated my info.

I have no idea what VW WW, TC Mode, Triton Mini or what/how/why more 'warmth', higher/lower wattage or bypass modes are for or needed or do?!
K3 is a simple direct out put device.This is the reason that it doesn't accept the 0.7 coils.

• Agree

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Your k3 can fit the .7 coil and it is a kanthal coil, so it's really a matter of if you like it. Now I'm not sure about your battery, if you are using a set wattage device, it might not fire a resistance that low. I would give one a go , but if it doesnt fire it, or it gives an error message, then the resistance is to low for that battery.....if it fires it, then your good and you can see if you like it, but a .7 coil might have a thicker wire compared to a 1.8 and because the mod might only push out a low wattage, it might not heat that coil properly, so not sure of the vape quality. The .7 coils are used in the nautilus tanks and are normally vaped in the 12 to 18 or 20 watt range, but being your battery isnt adjustable, you cannot dial in the best wattage, so your stuck to what it is. It's not really the specific juice , but the nic content that gives you throat hit. With that tank, 18 or 24mg will get it done. I would go for the nautilus tanks and a proper variable wattage battery like an istick or pico

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have no idea what is going to increase your perception of "throat hit." Higher nicotine may do it in which case you may have to/want to use a higher ohm coil to not max out on your nic. Higher PG levels may help you, in which case the coil is somewhat irrelevant to a degree. Some folks feel menthols and mints increase throat hit. Some folks swear by a particular flavor.

Stay away from nicotine salts as they tend to be smoother and you want the maximum throat hit bang for your buck I guess by using freebase, which is harder on the throat.

I have absolutely no idea if you have the right device for you. You are going to have to figure it out.

I can tell you it's not very adjustable in either power or airflow so that's not going to help.

IN GENERAL folks seeking throat hit seem to end up in the 1 to 1.8 range of coils but it's by no means a guarantee.

I'm afraid that it is the very lucky vaper indeed who stumbles on their perfect device right out of the gate, and you don't appear to be one of them. However do some research, get some suggestions and keep your older setups you never know when you might need a backup.

The road to happy vaping is littered with cheap, unsuitable vapes. At least thank goodness USUALLY in the first part of vaping, they are relatively cheap.

Good luck and welcome,

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread