Kamry K1000 Epipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSV

Oct 22, 2013
upstate new york
I just got this today for my birthday. I saw the Kamry Epipe on the vaping joes site. I bought two one for me and one for the wife. We been using them for several hours now and seem to be working great. They came as a kit from AKA Vapers. The kit cost. $54.99 and comes with the pipe itself two 18350 batteries a single port charger a useless instruction manual and all fits in a nice zippered case. The only thing that was alittle bit a pain in the ... was trying to figure out how to fill the tank. The upper part of the tank looks like it is one piece but the silver metal part does unscrew form the clear plastic tank section. The tank looks like a cheap knockoff of a vivi nova. My wife is using the stock clearomizer with no problem. I am using a vivi nova on mine. The draw is alittle airy. But other than that is fine. It has a 510 connection only, It is weird the way it works. The connection is in two parts. One part is built into the main battery compartment. The other part is a collar that screws onto the threaded part on the battery compartment. What I do is screw the collar onto the clearomizer then screw the clearomozer onto the pipe. The included drip tip fits everythin I tried it on and the button feels pretty good. All and all it is not a bad pipe for the money. I will post again in a few weeks and let you know how it is holding up,

shoggot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
United States
Just got mine today - gift for my 90yo father, pipe smoker, likes the idea of vaping but can't get past the tubes form factor - and, well:

cons:
- Button isn't very grippable for easy removal or installation - four shallow divots on the upper surface, hard to use 'em to get a grip. Managed it, but only barely.
- Pretty much limited to flat-tops; compartment is tight, height-wise.
- 510 connector manages to look cheap. That said, I like the mechanic used. It's solid enough, it just looks cheaply finished / plated.
- The supplied tank is junk. Super tight draw, old-style vivi clone. Stuck a small diameter black-bodied dripper (pipe I got was black) in its place, that at least looks good and is tolerable for vaping.
- Button is... mushy, then passes through a really awkward 'click' stage. The instructions... Argh, okay, next item...
- The instruction are poorly translated. They seem to indicate a way to lock the button, but that could just be poor grammar? I certainly don't detect any difference in actuation when the button is turned to any particular orientation.
- The bowl is aluminum, which ranks at the low end of conductivity compared to brass or SS.
- The supplied stem - drip tip - would be nice if it was flattened at the mouth end, like a proper stem. That said...

Pros:
- The supplied stem - drip tip - is damned close to nice in length and shape, aside from the mouth end, which is round. Matches the finish of the bowl nicely.
- The bowl is nicely finished - anodized? Powder coat? No clue, but it feels pretty durable. It's also one of the slimmer bowls I've found on an e-pipe, which is nice, though it probable could still have lost a bit of weight and survived.
- The bowl is a good heft - not to heavy, not too light. Probably would've been to heavy if it was brass or SS.
- The button is as simple as a mechanism can be, probably not prone to any deal-breaking failure.

A lot of the pros are also cons and vice versa, eh? That said, I'm overall satisfied.

Part of me hopes my dad won't like it, so I can use it myself =) I can't justify another mod just for the fun of it, or I'd buy one for personal use =(

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
I have one as well. That collar on the 510 does serve a purpose. It allows you to adjust the attached tank or atty so that you arent pushing up the pos pins on your tanks, esp useful for gennys and rbas. And if you are thinking ahead while using a genny attached to the k1000 it will also allow you to orient your wick on the underside of the pipe so you dont have to do a tilt in order to keep your wicks wet.

Its actually very useful and needed on a pipe mod. You have to dial it just right, and its annoying to to so, but it works for its purpose quite well actually.

As far as the button goes I have no issues with mine. Works perfect.

I also metered the 510 connection and the mod has zero voltage loss thru its body so Im thinking the aluminum sleeve inside the batt chamber is just fine, and for fitment of the battery only. The rest of it is indeed powder coated stainless steel. My thought upon looking at the chamber is that the spring and top cap are completing the circuit to the body of the mod which is stainless and there is a good gauge wire connecting the spring to the 510 pin. I ran as low as a 1.0 ohm coil with no issues. I have fear to take it sub ohm tho. Besides I dont think 18350's are ideal for that setup and do not advise anyone to do so.

photogf4

May 7, 2013
VA
View attachment 288643

I immediately put a Protank II on it with a Walker Briar Works stem thanks to previous views. Don't like metal stems or tips especially when it is cold. The 900mah batteries are a bit "hot", and burnt my 1.8 ohm coil quickly, despite my having it soak all day. Wish someone would make one out of acrylic or wood with a side switch where the thumb would rest traditionally, but what do you want for less than $50? I like an airy draw because most of the time you can get to the bottom of the tank before refilling. Overall great feel, but would hate to hold it in sub zero weather. I am amazed at all the stuff you get for the price.

Last edited:
Like some here I also do not like the metallic stem. At first I used the rubber latex covers that the clearomisers came with to cover the tip of then stem. Then I had a brain wave, I was a pipe smoker, and looking at some of my pipe collection I found a wooden stem that was close to the Faatank that I prefer to the clearomiser the pipe came with. I shaved down the stem and it is a perfect fit. My favourite juice for the pipe is the Hanseng French Tobacco and the other close favourite is Hanseng Cuba. I did try Feellife brand but found it useless and highly overpriced from a local vendor. There are some good looking wooden e-pipes around and very attractive but for the price and considering the technology involved I am happy with with the Kamry KT1000. I only wish I could find a good mountable stand for it so I can have it mounted in the car. As to coils I am using a 1.5 Ohm coil and the replacement clearomiser and coils are the same as those for the Viva. I still have the original batteries that the pipe came with. Their recharge rate with the wall charger is great and far quicker than the EgoCTwist using a wall charger. Does any one have or know where I can source a 240V wall charger for the EgoCtwist batteries without the USB port. I would prefer to insert the the Ego directly into the charger rather than having to mess with USB cables

ForeverDiving

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Uruapan, Michoacan, Mexico.
Does any one have or know where I can source a 240V wall charger for the EgoCtwist batteries without the USB port.

Not sure if this is what you need as I ignore if the Twist battery comes out. I don't think anyone makes one that screws into the 510 connector. Efest_SODA_Charger.

Jorge M. Treviño;12829194 said:
Not sure if this is what you need as I ignore if the Twist battery comes out. I don't think anyone makes one that screws into the 510 connector. Efest_SODA_Charger.

No thanks I have something far more superior than this A Nightcore Inteligent Charger I have a long time abandoned using the Ego C Twist and the Ego VV and now use an Ijoy E Top Mod and a Ijoy Faatank.

freeatlast!

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2013
Kansas, USA
kestra.zenfolio.com
I have had this little pipe for several months now and am very pleased with it. No problems so far and still have the original batteries even though I use the pipe every day (not constantly though.) The only problem I had was when I first received it, the cap to the battery compartment was screwed flush to the bowl and I like to never got it open!! Now I don't screw it all the way down and haven't had an issue getting it open since, but they could certainly do something to make that easier, IMO!! I used the admittedly cheap tank it came with until the wick was shot; finally found where to get replacements but instead I've put a SMOK tank on it, which looks good. For an inexpensive little pipe, I think it's rather nice.

I have had this little pipe for several months now and am very pleased with it. No problems so far and still have the original batteries even though I use the pipe every day (not constantly though.) The only problem I had was when I first received it, the cap to the battery compartment was screwed flush to the bowl and I like to never got it open!! Now I don't screw it all the way down and haven't had an issue getting it open since, but they could certainly do something to make that easier, IMO!! I used the admittedly cheap tank it came with until the wick was shot; finally found where to get replacements but instead I've put a SMOK tank on it, which looks good. For an inexpensive little pipe, I think it's rather nice.

I do not like the clearo this pipe comes with, it is just to bulky and the coils/wicks too hard to source. No the Novus Viva Coils do not fit this clearo although they look similar. I have also found that a Kangar Mini Protank Two also works well with this pipe. Its down feature is also a lot of the times the stems are a poor fit and fall out easily and the rubber 0 Rings are hard to remove to replace.

Will Cunningham

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
North Carolina, USA
I do not like the clearo this pipe comes with, it is just to bulky and the coils/wicks too hard to source. No the Novus Viva Coils do not fit this clearo although they look similar. I have also found that a Kangar Mini Protank Two also works well with this pipe. Its down feature is also a lot of the times the stems are a poor fit and fall out easily and the rubber 0 Rings are hard to remove to replace.

yea the clearo isn't great but not bad. I've only been using one a few days now I just got one. I love though I can put my Iclear30 tank on it and many others. It's a cool one to use my 18350's that have been collecting dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread