Kamry K1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumphour, nice looking pipe. You should hop over to The ePipe Forum and check out the forum. It is all about epipes. Lot of great people and great epipe discussions. Some very good vendors where I am sure you could fine you a wood pipe to fit your needs.

I've tried to signup over at the epipe forums with 2 different emails.. Tried to have the verification email resent numerous times and even contacted the support team and still after weeks no reply or verification emails.. I wanted to post my findings in their how to fix the kamry k1000 thread :/

Jen in North Pole AK

Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
North Pole, AK
I got the BF a wood Kamry 1000 for his birthday and have a quick question. Is the adaptor that is currently on the stock tank removable? It does not seem to want to come off, and I have been hesitant to take pliers to it and render the entire device unusable. He loves the design, but a different tank is definitely needed.
Another quick question, he plans on using his Nautilus, which 1.6 or 1.8 BVC coils work better?

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
It should be, at least mine was removible. I had no issues removing it with my fingers. I have seen others on this thread that have had issues removing it. Maybe those with issues removing it can speak to if they needed a pliers.

Once you get it off, make sure you screw it to the tank that you are using then screw that to the pipe.

IMAG0722.jpg

IMAG0723.jpg

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Got a black one from HC for $38. Bought a bunch of odds n ends so shipping didn't really increase the cost too much. Seems to be authentic with scratch code and all. Came with everything except the 2 batteries. HC for some reason does not ship them with batteries so as to be able to ship via air mail or whatever. After about 3 hours total usage, it shorted out. Going to attempt to fix using Rocky's instructions.

Anyhow, I bought 2 batteries as I can get batteries cheap. Both were ehpro batts. I thought I saw or read somewhere that the batts that come with the pipe are flat top batts, So that's what I bought. Are the original batts flat top or nipple top (on the positive end, of course)?

And BTW, the firing button on mine I think is maybe defective as after you get about half way, it's kinda, well, hard and crunchy - best way to describe it. But I noticed that I have to push far to get a good fire. So I was wondering, would it be best to use nipple top batteries instead of flat top batts?

I think I read on the pipe forum link posted on this thread that you should buy a 1mm x 5mm magnet to extend the battery and therefore get a better fire/push on the button. But that seems silly seeing how you could just use a nipple battery instead,right? Unless I misunderstood the reason for the magnet, but I'm pretty sure it was to simply extend the length of a flat-top battery.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
    Nov 21, 2014
    Duck River Tasmania
    www.facebook.com
    On the topic of E-Pipes, I started with the Kamrey K1000 also, then I got a 601c from Healthcabin but found the Cartomisers a real pain to fill. The Kamrey I will give about a 7/10 the tank that comes with them I did not like and the coils were a bit of a nuisance to replace. The other feature I did not like was the fire button on top as it did get jammed after a while and become hard to undo to change the battery. I progressed to 618 pipe2.jpg for a small $70.00AUD + $10.00 postage and it is triggered the same as the 601 and the tank is a lot easier to fill. You can have a look at it here as this is where I got mine. This is more than sufficient for my needs. Comes with a lot of extras too. Not bad for the price.

Smokingnomore

Apr 8, 2014
    Oklahoma
    Mine was one of the too tight versions. Tried to get it off with pliers but didn't work. Now my Bowl Thread e-Pipe e Pipe Connector is bent out of round and I need a replacement. Found one in UK, but with shipping would be $23. Any suggestions on where I can find a Kamry K1000 Bowl Thread e-Pipe e Pipe Connector in the USA?
    It should be, at least mine was removable. I had no issues removing it with my fingers. I have seen others on this thread that have had issues removing it. Maybe those with issues removing it can speak to if they needed a pliers.

Once you get it off, make sure you screw it to the tank that you are using then screw that to the pipe.

IMAG0722.jpg

IMAG0723.jpg

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I have a K1000. It was a Christmas gift from the wife. I love it. Im still using the stock tank and jazz that came with the kit. Any advice about what to do to brighten my vape experience with this lil mod? Little beats vaping like a sir.

2 things I can think of...

1. rebuild the coil in the tank to a lower resistance. The tank that came with mine was about 2.4 ohms. Too high for an unregulated/mech mod to get a good vape. But even at a 1.4 ohms rebuild, assuming a battery voltage of 3.7, that's still only 9.8 watts. I don't get a satisfying vape until I reach a min of 15W.

2. Somehow incorporate a kick module into the setup so as to turn in into a variable wattage/regulated device. you would have to find one that comes with a housing and it would be placed before the tank. NHaler sells one but is too expensive and they do not recommend you use it on a K1000 pipe but I hear as long as you put the battery in the right way, it will be fine.

Other than that, I think you may be up the river. Before I shorted mine out I tried a 1.8 ohm nautilus mini and it still sucked. I don't miss mine. My next purchase someday might be the smoktech guardian 2. A little big but can be adjusted up to 15 watts. However, I will also have to get a pipe stem and redesign it to fit into a 510 tip mount. But the problem is the guardian only come with the bowl, no tank and no stem. So in the end, it will look kinda klunky. WIth a real pipe stem it might look better, though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread