Kanger Aerotank Mini vs. Aspire Nautilus Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

MN_Mike

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2014
St. Cloud, Minnesota
I really, really like Kangertech tanks. I started out with the Evods. I upgraded to the Evod Glass and the Mini Protank 2 and recently bought a Mini Protank 3. I like their mini tank's reliability and how easy they are to maintain. I also like the smaller size because I like to change flavors fairly often. I've seen people talking really highly of the Aspire Nautilus. I've also seen people talking highly of the Aerotank. Since they both make mini tanks, which one is more reliable and easy to maintain?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I really, really like Kangertech tanks. I started out with the Evods. I upgraded to the Evod Glass and the Mini Protank 2 and recently bought a Mini Protank 3. I like their mini tank's reliability and how easy they are to maintain. I also like the smaller size because I like to change flavors fairly often. I've seen people talking really highly of the Aspire Nautilus. I've also seen people talking highly of the Aerotank. Since they both make mini tanks, which one is more reliable and easy to maintain?

I think the short answer is the mini aerotank is the "easy" tank.
(Note: I do not have a nautilus; I do have miniprotanks and mini aerotanks.)

The nautilus tanks use threaded glass (the top is threaded, not the bottom).
The aerotanks, like the protanks use a straightforward glass tube.

The Aspire tanks have interesting design differences which attempt to be an improvement compared to the Kanger 'plain jane' kind of design.
The Aspire heads for example, puts the air intake on the sides of the center pin, which is an improvement I think of the plainjane design of the kanger heads which just uses a hole vertically though the center pin.

In terms of what's easier to figure out, simplicity of design, it would be the miniaerotank.

Another big difference between the two is the miniaerotank uses eGo thread, whereas the mininautilus uses 510 thread.

If the reason you're comparing the 2 minis is because you want to use them of eGo batteries, then the aeromini will match flush because of the eGo thread.
The mininautilus will benefit from a beauty ring if used on an eGo/510 battery.

Last edited:

ismokeinbinary

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Kentucky
Get one of each, man. Aspire makes a higher quality product. I have a ton of Kangers, not even the full sized Kanger tanks match the build quality of a Nautilus. But honestly I would've whole heartedly recommend the Nautilus mini, but recently there's been a lack of information on the wicking material in the BVC coils from Aspire. I'm personally about to pick up an Aerotank Mega so I can use the new BPDC coils with the organic cotton until all this wicking material business gets sorted out. Anyhow, up until two days ago I was 100% satisfied with my Nautilus minis as they outperform any tank I've used to date, but this health concern is kinda making me second guess my babies..
In the end it's all up to you.
Oh, and three weeks on a Kanger coil? You must not heavily chain vape, because I kill Kanger coils in around five or six days, sometimes a little longer. My BVCs last a solid 2+ weeks, and I've never had a BVC actually burn out, I just think to myself one day "I haven't changed this coil in over two weeks.." and I'll go ahead and toss a new one in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread